EOS Grounds for Optimism

6 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Had to watch twice before I spotted the football ground

It's because the wanking athletes (who seemed to like to dodge paying things like ground hire fees) made the most noise. They should have been told to get to Saughton Enclosure.

Apparently the track at Saughton wasn't good enough for them. In which case rip it out and Lothian HV could have stayed there.

Been told that they tested the finish camera for the six lane track and it only covered four lanes..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"The revamped Meadowbank will include two 3G football pitches, with City expected to secure a lease on the main stadium pitch and Leith Athletic taking up the other one. The East of Scotland League club have been playing at Peffermill since the redevelopment began."

Is that accurate? I thought they were both sharing the main stadium pitch?

On 21/02/2022 at 16:59, the jambo-rocker said:

Honestly don't know why Leith Athletic don't try and revamp one of the pitches near Leith Academy.

Which is around the site of Leith Athletic's 1890s home, Bank Park, so historically appropriate.

On 28/02/2022 at 20:36, magoo said:

That looks even worse than the original stadium 

It does, although I strangely liked watching Meadowbank and Edinburgh Gunners (as they were known then) play there. It had a steep seating area so if you sat more than about half way back the view was really good. Having the warm up track under the stand was good fun when I was a nipper too, running up and down and pretending I was an Olympian while my old man queued up for the cups of tea and Txix bars. 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/people/community-choices-syngenta-appealing-for-your-votes-for-new-home-ground-in-grangemouth-3550281

Community Choices: Syngenta appealing for your votes for new home ground in Grangemouth

A football club which has nurtured thousands of young players in over six decades is looking for vital community support to help it secure a new home.

Syngenta Juveniles FC are hoping to receive £100,300 from the Community Choices Capital Programme to turn their plans into reality.

Players who have turned out for the club then gone on to have professional careers include Rangers and Everton’s Duncan Ferguson, Dundee’s Greg Stewart and more recently Kevin O’Hara who played for Falkirk and is now at Dunfermline. Initially known as ICI Juveniles, they were based at the playing fields at Earlsgate Roundabout but when that land was sold off to Asda for its distribution warehouse they were without a base.

For the last few years they have had a nomadic existence playing at a variety of venues, including Little Kerse and Falkirk Stadium community pitches, as well as schools across the district. Vice-chairman and coach Kevin McGuire has been with the club since 2005 and has been involved in the initiative to establish a new permanent home alongside Grangemouth High School. Their ambitious plans would see a new 3G pitch installed and the former rugby pitches developed as a new grass sports field.

Kevin said: “We believe this plan will not only benefit those at Syngenta, but everyone at Grangemouth High and the wider community. "By delivering this access to professional all-weather sports facilities, it will be a constructive and positive contribution to the area and will benefit the entire community, including the 23 per cent of kids who live below the breadline, the large pan-disability community and the higher-than-average percentage of vulnerable over 50 year-olds that live in Grangemouth. “The school have been very receptive to our ideas and they can see the benefit of what we want to see installed, including a spectator fence and changing rooms with toilet facilities.”

There are currently around 450 players with Syngenta, aged from 18 months to adults, playing in 29 teams, including their under 19s and first team which plays in the East of Scotland League. They are supported by 70 volunteers and a board of ten.

On 28/02/2022 at 18:09, HibeeJibee said:

Dunbar unveil plans for their new 200-seat grandstand:

FMswoBEXEAkgZlu?format=jpg&name=small

Starting April, plans were approved a few months ago.  I’ve been following this , it looks like a larger version of the 100 seat stand at Easthouses Lily MW.