EOS Grounds for Optimism

On 19/11/2021 at 19:18, Jeek said:

Grounds for pessimism news.

My old home ground, having moved down south I don't know what 's been going on there since the club fold.

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/19722366.steelend-victorias-dilapidated-ground-set-developed/

i heard someone say it had been used for training dogs. The farmer who leased it to the football clubs has obviously just decided to cut his loses on the site.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Sticking to theme of clubs up in this neck of the woods that went defunct recently - what's the state of play with Ore Park in Ballingry and Coronation Park in Bankfoot?

Do amateurs use them?

I go by ore park fairly regularly.  Doesn’t look like it’s in that much use for football no goalposts up for example,  but the grass is always cut, so I guess there’s something done there,  unless its just cut by council.

There’s pitches nearby at lochore meadow for amateurs.

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I go by ore park fairly regularly.  Doesn’t look like it’s in that much use for football no goalposts up for example,  but the grass is always cut, so I guess there’s something done there,  unless its just cut by council.

There’s pitches nearby at lochore meadow for amateurs.

I’m surprised it’s not been sold off for housing noticed a few new bungalows just along from it.

Noticed the last time I was at a Welfare game that the old Crosshill Cricket Club pitch had been turned into a football pitch and used by Benarty Astros.

21 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Seems like another blow to Rosyth hopes... they've been dropped from Dunfermline Athletic's plans to develop the Civil Service Grounds. However it sounds like another new iron is in the fire:

FFHhbjXXMAA2HyA?format=jpg&name=largeFFHhbkuXIAAuqvD?format=jpg&name=large

Hope you get something sorted out soon.

Bit unsure of the name Rosyth Seniors. Is that now the Club's official name? It brings to mind a team of pensioners running about the field. There's a danger it will be misconstrued in much the same way as "Juniors" led many to assume it was a kids team.

45 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Can you delete that please? Awful stadium. Not fit for purpose. I know Lachie Stewart very well, and even he was just sick in his mouth when he saw that aberration.

It's fit for people who watch athletics.

It's barely fit for Leith Athletic let alone Edinburgh City 

But I expected nothing less tbh.

5 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

A three-row stand separated from a plastic (?) pitch by an eight-lane athletics track and a two-lane long jump track. Absolutely awful.

All they had to do was raise the seating a bit and arrange the rows at a steeper angle to have reasonable sight lines for both. Looks like Edinburgh City were supposed to take the hint that they weren't wanted there. 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It's fit for people who watch athletics.

It's barely fit for Leith Athletic let alone Edinburgh City 

But I expected nothing less tbh.

I genuinely feel for you Tam. Even worse than AP.

What about taking over WW and playing at the San Fergie. Now there’s a real venue 😉

Edited by The Mantis

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I genuinely feel for you Tam. Even worse than AP.

What about taking over WW and playing at the San Fergie. Now there’s a real venue 😉

Tell you what, Mantis: 

Edinburgh City Whitehill Welfare (29 letters)

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale (27 letters)

We'd be the big name club right enough!