EOS Grounds for Optimism

How strong is 200 decibels?
Wiki - 150 decibels is usually considered enough to burst your eardrums, but the threshold for death is usually pegged at around 185-200 dB. A passenger car driving by at 25 feet is about 60 dB, being next to a jackhammer or lawn mower is around 100 dB, a nearby chainsaw is 120 dB.
Death by attending an IHS game - sounds pretty serious to me!!!!

26 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Posting here as there's not a Inverkeithing Swifts thread - noticed in the last couple of issues of the Dalgety Bay Diary that locals weren't happy with the Swifts playing at their new ground, and were complaining to the Community Council about the noise, alcohol, parking.

Though of course you've got to take these complaints with a pinch of salt when someone thinks the noise from the centre is rising to around 200db! :lol:

That's impressive given physicists maintain 190db or so is the maximum possible in nature 😂.

Hardly surprising a football pitch sees football games happen "almost every weekend". Nor that such games may involve playing music, selling refreshments, shouting, or sometimes swearing.

We live in a free society (or we're supposed to). Those who like fitba games can enjoy them - noise included - for 2hrs a few times a month; those who don't can enjoy the other 710hrs of quiet.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

That's impressive given physicists maintain 190db or so is the maximum possible in nature 😂.

Hardly surprising a football pitch sees football games happen "almost every weekend". Nor that such games may involve playing music, selling refreshments, shouting, or sometimes swearing.

We live in a free society (or we're supposed to). Those who like fitba games can enjoy them - noise included - for 2hrs a few times a month; those who don't can enjoy the other 710hrs of quiet.

They have played camelon recently but I wasn't there 

There's be swearing on the pitch whether or not Swifts played there unless it was only hired out to the Church of Scotland Ministers XI or Trappist Monks United.

It makes me wonder if swearing and alcohol would be acceptable to the Dalgety Bay twats if the posts were a different shape like a big H and the ball was oval 

I've been to a Swifts game. I don't remember the pitch being particularly near to houses.

27 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

There's be swearing on the pitch whether or not Swifts played there unless it was only hired out to the Church of Scotland Ministers XI or Trappist Monks United.

It makes me wonder if swearing and alcohol would be acceptable to the Dalgety Bay twats if the posts were a different shape like a big H and the ball was oval 

I've been to a Swifts game. I don't remember the pitch being particularly near to houses.

The pitch isn't that close, this is just weirdos complaing that someone parked near their house and they can hear shouting in the distance, even at At 10:05 pm, disgusting.

The bay isn't even a rugby town, days out to the theater is the where loud voices are acceptable, not elsewhere.

15 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Posting here as there's not a Inverkeithing Swifts thread - noticed in the last couple of issues of the Dalgety Bay Diary that locals weren't happy with the Swifts playing at their new ground, and were complaining to the Community Council about the noise, alcohol, parking.

Though of course you've got to take these complaints with a pinch of salt when someone thinks the noise from the centre is rising to around 200db! :lol:

db.JPG

db2.JPG

If I want to sing and drink in the car you can't  stop me.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Whats it got to do with Church of Scotland ministers x1??

The ones that I know have more rounded characters than a lot of contributors on here. 

Cant comment on Trappist Monks, but they've certainly got a long history.  

1 hour ago, Malty Guy said:

Whats it got to do with Church of Scotland ministers x1??

The ones that I know have more rounded characters than a lot of contributors on here. 

Cant comment on Trappist Monks, but they've certainly got a long history.  

That would be an ecumenical matter

On 12/11/2021 at 16:59, parsforlife said:

The NIMBY's were always going to take issue here.  It's a class issue more than anything else.  Too many underclass folk coming in and disturbing their suburban bliss with their bad words 

NIMBYs are everywhere. Some of the responses to our planning application for floodlights were laughable, and Lochee isn't exactly an upper class area. Thankfully the council dismissed those and approved the planning.

On 12/11/2021 at 23:59, parsforlife said:

The pitch isn't that close, this is just weirdos complaing that someone parked near their house and they can hear shouting in the distance, even at At 10:05 pm, disgusting.

The bay isn't even a rugby town, days out to the theater is the where loud voices are acceptable, not elsewhere.

One end of the pitch is quite close to some houses: https://goo.gl/maps/vHFHhPFSvMEWwoCKA - though it's only a dozen or so houses that are close enough to be affected. I can understand some concern, as it would seem that U20s are now using it every second Friday as well, plus the midweek games early in the season - so a lot more usage than before. But to moan about impossible levels of noise doesn't help your case!

Also funny that someone asked why the centre was closed 10:00-15:00 during the week - answer, due to lack of funding. Yet here's the Swifts helping to make use of the centre and help with that situation.

On 12/11/2021 at 18:51, patriot1 said:

Advertising for a 1000 fans?!?

Probably Googled and looked at nonleaguescotland or something which had 1,000 as the default capacity for Ballast Bank. 

On 12/11/2021 at 23:59, parsforlife said:

There are houses quite close at the back of one of the goals.

Suppose when folk moved into them they would expect some noise from the football pitch but not for a team with spectators to take over the site.

22 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

There are houses quite close at the back of one of the goals.

Suppose when folk moved into them they would expect some noise from the football pitch but not for a team with spectators to take over the site.

Houses on Halbeath Rd and those on Pratt St (Raith) are much closer. Unbelievable. Ps What's a NIMBY lol

7 minutes ago, Jeek said:

Grounds for pessimism news.

My old home ground, having moved down south I don't know what 's been going on there since the club fold.

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/19722366.steelend-victorias-dilapidated-ground-set-developed/

IIRC the reason vics folded was due to the farmer wanting to raise the lease, which was previously a peppercorn rent of something like £1 a year.  It seems inevitable that they have tried to profit out of the site in another way.

On 19/11/2021 at 19:18, Jeek said:

Grounds for pessimism news.

My old home ground, having moved down south I don't know what 's been going on there since the club fold.

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/19722366.steelend-victorias-dilapidated-ground-set-developed/

I popped in to see the ground a couple of weeks ago.

The railing around the pitch and one of the bus shelters that were used as dugouts had been removed but the grass was still being cut.

I’ve said in this forum before that I used to enjoy going to evening games at Steelend. Be a shame to see it go but highly unlikely to ever see a team formed there again.

12 hours ago, patriot1 said:

I popped in to see the ground a couple of weeks ago.

The railing around the pitch and one of the bus shelters that were used as dugouts had been removed but the grass was still being cut.

I’ve said in this forum before that I used to enjoy going to evening games at Steelend. Be a shame to see it go but highly unlikely to ever see a team formed there again.

Yeah and I think that's the crux of it. It's too wee a place to support a junior / EOS side