EOS Grounds for Optimism

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I think we've maybe discussed this before!

I'd forgotten how poor the weather was, in my mind it's always sunny in Largs.

Can't remember that, but they say your memory's the second thing to go...
Did take bikes to Millport with the missus the only other time I was there. Looking at Wee Cumbrae now for a day trip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tweedmouth must rival for Easthouses for "most transformed ground" of recent seasons. More power to their elbows.

Social club and seated stand open tomorrow:

What a transformation in a very short time. Well done to TRFC people. 

On 13/08/2021 at 22:50, Malty Guy said:

What a transformation in a very short time. Well done to TRFC people. 

When I was in Berwick to watch a game at The Stanks back in June, I actually met a Tweedmouth volunteer and had a really good conversation about them. They're definitely on my list of places I want to visit, it seems like they are a very well run club with passionate, hard-working volunteers who have really helped the club forward in recent years.

20 minutes ago, Marten said:

When I was in Berwick to watch a game at The Stanks back in June, I actually met a Tweedmouth volunteer and had a really good conversation about them. They're definitely on my list of places I want to visit, it seems like they are a very well run club with passionate, hard-working volunteers who have really helped the club forward in recent years.

They're doing well anyway. I must pop back down there. I last went a few years ago when Tweedmouth got an unlikely win over Leith 

Historic note: Old Shielfield was Berwick Rangers first ground. They moved to New Shielfield in the late 1940s when they became a Scottish League club  

I was staying near Berwick on Saturday so attended Tweedmouth v Rosyth and Old Shielfield has come on leaps and bounds since I was last there six years or so ago. Nice clubhouse, friendly staff, bit of cover, and the opportunity to have a poke around Shielfield itself at half-time.

IMG_3522.thumb.jpg.4cfd9a0142816c2cb29391daf9d7eeab.jpg

As for the match itself, it looked like it would quite literally be men against boys as the teams came out, but the young lads from Tweedmouth gave a decent enough account of themselves and went down 2-0 to a physically stronger Rosyth side which struggled to knit any play together. Regan Lumsden for Rosyth looked a class above everyone else on the pitch, and young Drew Cummings looked a real prospect in the Tweedmouth midfield.

13 hours ago, Anglichanin said:

I was staying near Berwick on Saturday so attended Tweedmouth v Rosyth and Old Shielfield has come on leaps and bounds since I was last there six years or so ago. Nice clubhouse, friendly staff, bit of cover, and the opportunity to have a poke around Shielfield itself at half-time.

IMG_3522.thumb.jpg.4cfd9a0142816c2cb29391daf9d7eeab.jpg

As for the match itself, it looked like it would quite literally be men against boys as the teams came out, but the young lads from Tweedmouth gave a decent enough account of themselves and went down 2-0 to a physically stronger Rosyth side which struggled to knit any play together. Regan Lumsden for Rosyth looked a class above everyone else on the pitch, and young Drew Cummings looked a real prospect in the Tweedmouth midfield.

Regan was a stand out in the Edinburgh City 20s a couple of seasons ago.

Some say he should still be at the club....

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Regan was a stand out in the Edinburgh City 20s a couple of seasons ago.

Some say he should still be at the club....

He clearly had more composure and vision than everyone else on the park, playing in the middle, and a Rosyth fan told me he usually plays up front and is their top scorer so far this season. Lumsden certainly looks capable of playing higher, to my uninformed eye.

• 1 month later...
On 17/08/2021 at 11:35, Anglichanin said:

He clearly had more composure and vision than everyone else on the park, playing in the middle, and a Rosyth fan told me he usually plays up front and is their top scorer so far this season. Lumsden certainly looks capable of playing higher, to my uninformed eye.

Think he played up front for Hill and Crossgates.  Very promising player as a youngster.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it's definite or from the rumour grapevine but it's being claimed on the Edinburgh City thread and another site (NLM) that Meadowbank... which at the start of the season was going to open November 1st; and last month was going to open December; may now not open until February or March. If correct that would mean Edinburgh City remaining with Spartans and LTHV - presumably for whole season if can only move at halfway point - and Leith having to stay longer at Peffermill.

Perhaps file under "grounds for pessimism"!

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Not sure if it's definite or from the rumour grapevine but it's being claimed on the Edinburgh City thread and another site (NLM) that Meadowbank... which at the start of the season was going to open November 1st; and last month was going to open December; may now not open until February or March. If correct that would mean Edinburgh City remaining with Spartans and LTHV - presumably for whole season if can only move at halfway point - and Leith having to stay longer at Peffermill.

Perhaps file under "grounds for pessimism"!

I believe the delay is something to do with "the utilities" by which I presume the bogs.... 

trainspotting-toilet.jpg.171d93cc742678030399065011860d5a.jpg

some people will do anything to avoid watching City... 

Posting here as there's not a Inverkeithing Swifts thread - noticed in the last couple of issues of the Dalgety Bay Diary that locals weren't happy with the Swifts playing at their new ground, and were complaining to the Community Council about the noise, alcohol, parking.

Though of course you've got to take these complaints with a pinch of salt when someone thinks the noise from the centre is rising to around 200db! :lol:

db.JPG

db2.JPG

Posting here as there's not a Inverkeithing Swifts thread - noticed in the last couple of issues of the Dalgety Bay Diary that locals weren't happy with the Swifts playing at their new ground, and were complaining to the Community Council about the noise, alcohol, parking.
Though of course you've got to take these complaints with a pinch of salt when someone thinks the noise from the centre is rising to around 200db! :lol:
db.JPG.763134bcbe9de487a652efc66b1ae609.JPG
db2.JPG.1d60acd0c42840834efa2398ffc5269a.JPG

Deary me[emoji85] somes up people from the bay!

46 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

db.JPG

db2.JPG

The NIMBY's were always going to take issue here.  It's a class issue more than anything else.  Too many underclass folk coming in and disturbing their suburban bliss with their bad words