EOS Grounds for Optimism

7 hours ago, Auld duffer said:
18 hours ago, imho said:
I do know the difference between East and West but why bring me into this,for what it's worth,waste of time and money building a stand on someone else,s property. You hardly get 100 at a Dunbar game and now many are unhappy at recent changes so find the money and improve the team .

Dunbars average gate pre covid was 170, the new stand won't be facing west and the new manager wasn't who you thought it would be and that's just some of the stuff you have the wrong info about. You need a new mole or are you just someone with a chip on your shoulder making it up as you go along

What you on about.  The only thing I got wrong was the bit about who was being rumoured to be taking over. Fair play to you on that one. I never said what side any new stand was possibly going to be built,that was someone else but we don't own the ground. As for attendances I'm sure we could argue at numbers but I don't have  the stats that you obviously have. Where do get the bit about a chip on my shoulder, I have voiced an opinion about how Geoffs sacking was handled,I also said it might be a good thing and I also thanked Geoff for his service to us over the years which I don't see from yourself.  It doesn't matter now,a new manager is in place and we move on.

11 hours ago, Black Dug said:

Is there a licensing threshold for 150? Reason I'm asking is for a club like Blackburn how many times do you reckon 150 folk attending the game would want to sit down? Is this just an unnecessary cost? Even at Linlithgow where we have about 300 seats, only about 40-50 are taken in a normal game.

Did someone mention unnecessary cost? 

Rules are made to be adhered to and with the amount of midweek games I'd say floodlights forcing and nearly crippling certain club(s) would be more in that category than a handful of seats. :whistle

I'm no bitter though it's all for the good of the game going forward. :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Malty Guy said:

Well said Auld Duffer. How these clowns love to spread FAKE NEWS.  What a howler, the stand on the wrong side of the ground😂😅😂

…….

State of that for first thing on a Saturday morning 😳😂

A certain AP originally told me a few years the stand was going to be on the ammys pitch side. Malcolm had drawn up plans for that side.

I''m happy to say I have now been corrected and am told it will replace the car ports on the other side. 

I believe the seats will face the pitch. Which is a mistake and will not improve the spectators' entertainment IMHO :P

(Malty- if yer want to kick the mole up his hole be my guest :lol: )

13 hours ago, Black Dug said:

Is there a licensing threshold for 150? Reason I'm asking is for a club like Blackburn how many times do you reckon 150 folk attending the game would want to sit down? Is this just an unnecessary cost? Even at Linlithgow where we have about 300 seats, only about 40-50 are taken in a normal game.

I get what you're saying but that is how many seats the covered area can accomodate and therefore it would be prudent to maximise that (maybe not all in the one go) because seats are coming as a licence requirement, it may not be next year but it is already being spoken about.  I have no idea how many will be required, but it makes sense to maximise what you have, plan ahead and "future proof" your licence..

4 hours ago, Malty Guy said:

Well said Auld Duffer. How these clowns love to spread FAKE NEWS.  What a howler, the stand on the wrong side of the ground😂😅😂

East is East,, and West is wherever you want it it to be😂 Hope IMHO isn’t a driver ( or is he) let’s hope he remembers Left isn’t Right, just like his posts😂😂

Next he’ll be telling us that it’s going to be a retractable roof all weather stadium.

What’s his issue with leasing a stadium????  Grasping at straws🙄🙄

I think I’ll have a wee drive around Meadowbak the next Sunny day to check that the sun won’t begetting into anyone’s eyes in the new stadium. Sunshine on Meadowbank as they say. Or is sunshine on SunnyDunny.

Meadowbank eh??? The home of the former and mighty Ferranti T. Who then morphed into Super Livvy. IMHO probably has issues with that great we stadium in Livingston. Now Livingston is further West than Meadowbank so what does that do to the sun 🌝☀️🌝☀️🌝☀️

I ain't a clown. I never mentioned the building of a stand.  Tam has put you right on that. What's Livvy got to do with this. I don't have problem leasing a stadium but if you rented a house would you pay to put an extension on for the owner. You accuse me of fake news,please feel free to point out what I have allegedly said is fake. No names were mentioned when I mentioned a rumour of a name of the new manager,which turned out to be way of the mark, we don't own our ground and I have no issues in leasing it and I didn't raise anything about a stand being built,but you asked me about West or East for some reason. As for my quote on crowd numbers, I stand by what my estimate was based on being at the games and when we played Lithgy,Tranent,Mussy ,yes we had good crowds but not when we played, others ,but If my figure is wrong,I stand corrected. But please advise what is fake.

2 minutes ago, imho said:

I ain't a clown. I never mentioned the building of a stand.  Tam has put you right on that. What's Livvy got to do with this. I don't have problem leasing a stadium but if you rented a house would you pay to put an extension on for the owner. You accuse me of fake news,please feel free to point out what I have allegedly said is fake. No names were mentioned when I mentioned a rumour of a name of the new manager,which turned out to be way of the mark, we don't own our ground and I have no issues in leasing it and I didn't raise anything about a stand being built,but you asked me about West or East for some reason. As for my quote on crowd numbers, I stand by what my estimate was based on being at the games and when we played Lithgy,Tranent,Mussy ,yes we had good crowds but not when we played, others ,but If my figure is wrong,I stand corrected. But please advise what is fake.

If they ever had to move they could probably take the stand with them.

Saw Prorege mention it on NLM so I went past Dalgety Bay sports centre to have a look at Inverkeithing's new ground. Some Swifts branding on the sign as you go in the car park - left and down the hill for the spectator gate/entrance, right to the main leisure centre entrance for players and officials. Good amount of car parking and not too far from the railway station (and the Hillend Tavern as well).

Suppose they could go for a licence now with the lights (if bright enough) and being enclosed - a while since I've been in the centre so don't know if the changing rooms etc will be suitable though. Plus some cover and meeting the disabled access requirements. Lots of screening on the exposed sides, not sure what they are going to do about the fact you can see the pitch from the car park (that brick area without the roof in the tweet).

On 10/07/2021 at 00:34, Auld duffer said:
On 09/07/2021 at 14:15, imho said:
I do know the difference between East and West but why bring me into this,for what it's worth,waste of time and money building a stand on someone else,s property. You hardly get 100 at a Dunbar game and now many are unhappy at recent changes so find the money and improve the team .

Dunbars average gate pre covid was 170, the new stand won't be facing west and the new manager wasn't who you thought it would be and that's just some of the stuff you have the wrong info about. You need a new mole or are you just someone with a chip on your shoulder making it up as you go along

You seem to mixing up comments from different people, I never mentioned the stand,I never said I had a mole,although I do,on my puss and I certainly don't make things up as I go along nor at my age why would I have chip on my shoulder and if you could let us know what other stuff I allegefly have wrong,let us all know. For clarity my.post was about a name being mentioned for the job,which was completely wrong but I stand by everything else I said. As for Malty Guy,he also got mixed up in trying to be a smart arse asking me if I knew where West or East is,when it was Tam he should have responded to or Left and Right, as I say,an arse and for whatever reason he started rambling on about Livvy,Meadowbak and Ferranti Thistle, why ,who knows, anyway,I now remember why I stopped visiting P@B

Fully expect every ground requirements are part of ground grading, just like down south. Many clubs have facilities to accommodate 2-300 etc when they only attract 50. Can understand the need for rules, but think some leeway should be given to clubs, costly improvements. Put up lights then have no midweek games, ludicrous.

7 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Fully expect every ground requirements are part of ground grading, just like down south. Many clubs have facilities to accommodate 2-300 etc when they only attract 50. Can understand the need for rules, but think some leeway should be given to clubs, costly improvements. Put up lights then have no midweek games, ludicrous.

Worth saying it's not the leagues that have been requiring floodlights - it's the SFA. Citing them being needed for Scottish Cup replays and televised matches.

That said they have obviously become increasingly important for playing midweek league rounds, catching-up league games or cup-ties, and avoiding early kickoffs in winter.

e.g. there are 6 midweek league rounds in Premier Division this season and 3 or 4 of them rely on lighting.

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Worth saying it's not the leagues that have been requiring floodlights - it's the SFA. Citing them being needed for Scottish Cup replays and televised matches.

That said they have obviously become increasingly important for playing midweek league rounds, catching-up league games or cup-ties, and avoiding early kickoffs in winter.

e.g. there are 6 midweek league rounds in Premier Division this season and 3 or 4 of them rely on lighting.

You can also keep 230pm kick offs all year by having lights

A bad winter can knacker Saturday fixtures and floodlights come into their own in late February/March/early April to allow clubs to catch up on fixtures.

The EOSL used to insist on all fixtures, including cup finals, be finished by the Scottish Cup Final. I used to stretch my season's viewing into June by watching the Juniors, the latest I ever saw a game was 20th June, but now pre season friendlies are starting to be played around that time!

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

A bad winter can knacker Saturday fixtures and floodlights come into their own in late February/March/early April to allow clubs to catch up on fixtures.

The EOSL used to insist on all fixtures, including cup finals, be finished by the Scottish Cup Final. I used to stretch my season's viewing into June by watching the Juniors, the latest I ever saw a game was 20th June, but now pre season friendlies are starting to be played around that time!

It wasn't the latest game I ever attended in a season but Largs v Auchinleck Talbot on 12 June 2017 captures the craziness of what used to happen. Largs were already relegated and Talbot couldn't win the league so it was pretty much a waste of time. Talbot still had a match to play that season  while Largs, ridiculously, hadn't had a competitive match in 9 weeks. They played 3 friendlies just to be fit enough for this one game.

Earlier that day I'd cycled round Millport and had a fish supper in Nardini's, followed by ice cream, so I didn't really care that the game was terrible.

I loved those May and June evenings as the Juniors tried to catch up their matches before pre-season started, but it was obviously stupid and hopefully we're past all that now. 

It was especially bad in the old West Juniors due to their Cup Winners' Cup that concluded the season. Some clubs would have to play Sat-Mon-Wed for weeks on end ahead of it starting - others would go weeks on end without playing at all waiting for the former to finish. Of course matches under artificial light were also taboo so the backlogs got particularly pronounced.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

It was an SFA rule until sometime in late 1980s/early 1990s. Historically it was April 30th; later May 15th. There was a case about 30yrs ago, when a game between Easthouses and Manor Thistle got abandoned on the last day - ref took ill - and couldn't be rescheduled.

I'm unsure they ever actually overlapped; but a few years ago there were certainly weeks that began with the Juniors finishing (3rd Saturday in June) and ended with some particularly eager senior preseason friendlies starting.

On 13/07/2021 at 22:25, GordonS said:

It wasn't the latest game I ever attended in a season but Largs v Auchinleck Talbot on 12 June 2017 captures the craziness of what used to happen. Largs were already relegated and Talbot couldn't win the league so it was pretty much a waste of time. Talbot still had a match to play that season  while Largs, ridiculously, hadn't had a competitive match in 9 weeks. They played 3 friendlies just to be fit enough for this one game.

Earlier that day I'd cycled round Millport and had a fish supper in Nardini's, followed by ice cream, so I didn't really care that the game was terrible.

I loved those May and June evenings as the Juniors tried to catch up their matches before pre-season started, but it was obviously stupid and hopefully we're past all that now. 

This rang a bell so I checked and it seems I had a similar kind of day...

https://scottishfootballgroundswordpresscom.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/largs-thistle-barrfields-stadium/

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

This rang a bell so I checked and it seems I had a similar kind of day...

https://scottishfootballgroundswordpresscom.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/largs-thistle-barrfields-stadium/

I think we've maybe discussed this before!

I'd forgotten how poor the weather was, in my mind it's always sunny in Largs.