EOS Grounds for Optimism

Dunbar had a wooden stand and a shed at Countess Park and I believe were promised some kind of replacement when New Countess Park was built. There was no cover when they originally moved in and had to lobby to get some cover. Thus the "car ports" were erected. They were actually quite cosy but there was no banking so you couldn't see above people if you were standing at the back. Also they were erected behind the dugouts (which have since been moved) restricting the view of the pitch further.

They've lasted 21 years when I thought the first winter gales would blow them away. They've actually lasted longer than the company that built them which went bust years ago.

Dunbar have been talking about building a stand for a long time and it was one of the projects the late (and great) Malcolm Jones was working on. Hopefully it will get build. The only observation I make is that I think it will be West facing and a low winter sunset might get in spectators eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

With some 34 clubs now having lights I was thinking... how many have seats?

These have stands (18) - large or small:

Camelon, Linlithgow, LTHV, Sauchie, Tynecastle, Whitehill
Edinburgh Utd, (Leith)
Easthouses, Glenrothes, Hawick, Heriot-Watt University, Peebles, Preston
Edinburgh College, Fauldhouse, Syngenta, Whitburn

Hill of Beath, Newtongrange, Tranent and Armadale have put some seats into enclosures IIRC.

Missed any?

Dalkeith have an extensive collection of these, and they are not afraid to deploy them liberally around the magnificent King's Park.

Rumours that these chairs are "borrowed", and that the children of Dalkeith HS have since had to stand up in their exam hall are totally and utterly true.

If you don't like the witterings of the guy sitting next to you, you just pick up your chair and move out of earshot. Easy. download.jpeg.b0036bac6344884b96452543a972d8b5.jpeg

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Edinburgh Utd, (Leith)

Hill of Beath, Newtongrange, Tranent and Armadale have put some seats into enclosures IIRC.

Missed any?

Blackburn are hoping to concrete step the existing enclosure and install 150 seats, and build a separate disabled enclosure. Timescales fluid at the moment.

On 07/07/2021 at 12:13, Burnieman said:

Blackburn are hoping to concrete step the existing enclosure and install 150 seats, and build a separate disabled enclosure. Timescales fluid at the moment.

Edited by Malty Guy
Wrong link🙄

On 07/07/2021 at 12:13, Burnieman said:

On 06/07/2021 at 23:13, HibeeJibee said:

Edinburgh Utd, (Leith)

Missed any?

My favourite has to be the traditional setup at Albert Park in Hawick. It’s just got the look of a good club.

On 21/06/2021 at 23:29, tamthebam said:

Dunbar had a wooden stand and a shed at Countess Park and I believe were promised some kind of replacement when New Countess Park was built. There was no cover when they originally moved in and had to lobby to get some cover. Thus the "car ports" were erected. They were actually quite cosy but there was no banking so you couldn't see above people if you were standing at the back. Also they were erected behind the dugouts (which have since been moved) restricting the view of the pitch further.

They've lasted 21 years when I thought the first winter gales would blow them away. They've actually lasted longer than the company that built them which went bust years ago.

Dunbar have been talking about building a stand for a long time and it was one of the projects the late (and great) Malcolm Jones was working on. Hopefully it will get build. The only observation I make is that I think it will be West facing and a low winter sunset might get in spectators eyes.

Ever heard of sunglasses??

Mind you, I’m hoping all these billion pound development stadiums take heed of your point.  

it seems some people struggle with the words  positive or development.

it’s always so funny when someone has a mild rant -  IMHO if I was you I’d learn the difference between East and West. And for Reference the North is up the top and the South is at the bottom.

Edited by Malty Guy
😅

4 hours ago, Malty Guy said:

Mind you, I’m hoping all these billion pound development stadiums take heed of your point.  

it’s always so funny when someone has a mild rant -  IMHO if I was you I’d learn the difference between East and West. And for Reference the North is up the top and the South is at the bottom.

Is the stand being built to replace the car ports? My Dunbar mole told me that the stand was going to be built on the ammy pitches side. Which would face West and give spectators a nice view of the sun setting behind Traprain Law in winter.

I know the difference between East and West. West Barns is nice and East Barns is shite.  

5 hours ago, Malty Guy said:

I do know the difference between East and West but why bring me into this,for what it's worth,waste of time and money building a stand on someone else,s property. You hardly get 100 at a Dunbar game and now many are unhappy at recent changes so find the money and improve the team .

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Is the stand being built to replace the car ports? My Dunbar mole told me that the stand was going to be built on the ammy pitches side. Which would face West and give spectators a nice view of the sun setting behind Traprain Law in winter.

I know the difference between East and West. West Barns is nice and East Barns is shite.  

still not got it correct, want another try 

Is there a licensing threshold for 150? Reason I'm asking is for a club like Blackburn how many times do you reckon 150 folk attending the game would want to sit down? Is this just an unnecessary cost? Even at Linlithgow where we have about 300 seats, only about 40-50 are taken in a normal game.

7 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

Is there a licensing threshold for 150? Reason I'm asking is for a club like Blackburn how many times do you reckon 150 folk attending the game would want to sit down? Is this just an unnecessary cost? Even at Linlithgow where we have about 300 seats, only about 40-50 are taken in a normal game.

Seats aren't a requirement for entry level licence.   A disabled area is part of the criteria.

1 hour ago, Black Dug said:

Is that not because Linlithgow charge extra for the seated area? I agree however, at our level not sure that cost to instal seats would be worth It and most people prefer to stand.

On 06/07/2021 at 23:13, HibeeJibee said:

Edinburgh Utd, (Leith)

Missed any?

Is it still 34, I have 35 listed but could be wrong.

I'm wondering if you've included Inverkeithing with their ground switch which is now a floodlit 3G.

Also, I came across this interesting article highlighting (near the bottom) that Armadale now have lights too.  What's unclear though is that if its just training lights only.

Armadale Thistle making improvements on and off the park during lockdown as they prepare for season - Daily Record

I do know the difference between East and West but why bring me into this,for what it's worth,waste of time and money building a stand on someone else,s property. You hardly get 100 at a Dunbar game and now many are unhappy at recent changes so find the money and improve the team .
Dunbars average gate pre covid was 170, the new stand won't be facing west and the new manager wasn't who you thought it would be and that's just some of the stuff you have the wrong info about. You need a new mole or are you just someone with a chip on your shoulder making it up as you go along

7 hours ago, Auld duffer said:
17 hours ago, imho said:

Dunbars average gate pre covid was 170, the new stand won't be facing west and the new manager wasn't who you thought it would be and that's just some of the stuff you have the wrong info about. You need a new mole or are you just someone with a chip on your shoulder making it up as you go along

Well said Auld Duffer. How these clowns love to spread FAKE NEWS.  What a howler, the stand on the wrong side of the ground😂😅😂

East is East,, and West is wherever you want it it to be😂 Hope IMHO isn’t a driver ( or is he) let’s hope he remembers Left isn’t Right, just like his posts😂😂

Next he’ll be telling us that it’s going to be a retractable roof all weather stadium.

What’s his issue with leasing a stadium????  Grasping at straws🙄🙄

I think I’ll have a wee drive around Meadowbak the next Sunny day to check that the sun won’t begetting into anyone’s eyes in the new stadium. Sunshine on Meadowbank as they say. Or is sunshine on SunnyDunny.

Meadowbank eh??? The home of the former and mighty Ferranti T. Who then morphed into Super Livvy. IMHO probably has issues with that great we stadium in Livingston. Now Livingston is further West than Meadowbank so what does that do to the sun 🌝☀️🌝☀️🌝☀️

Edited by Malty Guy
G☀️☀️☀️