EOS Grounds for Optimism

On 19/03/2021 at 12:32, Dev said:

Clearly Rosyth were ill-advised to leave their ground without the new one being ready for them to move into straight away. Sadly there are many examples of clubs being taken to the cleaners in this way or similar ways over the years elsewhere. I wonder if they received appropriate advice from their legal advisers before they handed back the lease?

A chap I used to work with who is involved with the club said Rosyth were promised all kinds of shite by the local councillor. The squeeze was also being put on them to move apparently.

A chap I used to work with who is involved with the club said Rosyth were promised all kinds of shite by the local councillor. The squeeze was also being put on them to move apparently.

Never, ever believe ANYTHING that a councillor or council tell you. Get it in black and white and signed off by the club lawyers as legally binding.
Penicuik, Edinburgh City and Dunbar will testify to that.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It's a lesson for all clubs in this position to make sure any contract they sign only comes into effect when the referee blows the whistle to kick off the game that marks the opening of the new park.

51 minutes ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

Never, ever believe ANYTHING that a councillor or council tell you. Get it in black and white and signed off by the club lawyers as legally binding.
Penicuik, Edinburgh City and Dunbar will testify to that.

This, and not just in football or planning, it's about absolutely everything.

Fife council should take a leaf out of Aberdeenshire Council's book. When Tesco bought the site of Deveronside's Canal Park in Banff, the council negotiated for them to build a new sports centre in Macduff. Then Tesco decided they weren't building the supermarket but the council made them build the Myrus Centre anyway, Deveronside have new facilities and there's still a pitch on the Canal Park!

https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/deveronside.htm

17 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Fife council should take a leaf out of Aberdeenshire Council's book. When Tesco bought the site of Deveronside's Canal Park in Banff, the council negotiated for them to build a new sports centre in Macduff. Then Tesco decided they weren't building the supermarket but the council made them build the Myrus Centre anyway, Deveronside have new facilities and there's still a pitch on the Canal Park!

https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/deveronside.htm

Beautiful park

Rosyth had no choice - Fife Council terminated the lease of Recreation Park once the planning permission was granted for a supermarket utilising the land. Promises were made verbally but not kept. (Yes, I know. I'm a lawyer and you don't need to tell me about getting things in writing.) A planning condition imposed on the developer said that the developers had to enter a legally binding agreement with the Council involving provision of a replacement pitch. This has never happened. To be fair to the local Counclllors they know the club has been shafted and, regardless of party affiliation, have all supported a motion calling on the Council  and the developers to provide the ground before the supermarket can be built. The club is pushing hard for a solution. 

54 minutes ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

Rosyth had no choice - Fife Council terminated the lease of Recreation Park once the planning permission was granted for a supermarket utilising the land. Promises were made verbally but not kept. (Yes, I know. I'm a lawyer and you don't need to tell me about getting things in writing.) A planning condition imposed on the developer said that the developers had to enter a legally binding agreement with the Council involving provision of a replacement pitch. This has never happened. To be fair to the local Counclllors they know the club has been shafted and, regardless of party affiliation, have all supported a motion calling on the Council  and the developers to provide the ground before the supermarket can be built. The club is pushing hard for a solution. 

Has the supermarket been built yet or has work started on it?

3 hours ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

If construction hasn't started is there a set date when the planning consent expires?

20 hours ago, Dev said:

If construction hasn't started is there a set date when the planning consent expires?

Yes, but there was an amendment to the application last year and I think that extends the planning permission for 3 years. I am not a planning lawyer so I am not 100% sure on this. I also heard it suggested that if some prep work had been done at the site (and I think it has)  that would be enough to satisfy the time limit. Either way I am pretty sure that the planning permission is not about to expire. 

Of more concern to Rosyth is  that their current ground doesn't meet EOS requirements as it stands and they need to demonstrate some progress towards meeting the criteria.

21 minutes ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

Yes, but there was an amendment to the application last year and I think that extends the planning permission for 3 years. I am not a planning lawyer so I am not 100% sure on this. I also heard it suggested that if some prep work had been done at the site (and I think it has)  that would be enough to satisfy the time limit. Either way I am pretty sure that the planning permission is not about to expire. 

Of more concern to Rosyth is  that their current ground doesn't meet EOS requirements as it stands and they need to demonstrate some progress towards meeting the criteria.

If u go on fife council website the current planning permission was only passed on november 2020

On 22/03/2021 at 13:13, Dunfermline Jag said:

As a lawyer, you should know what "verbally" means.😉

On 19/03/2021 at 08:03, Pyramidic said:

Was talking to a Rosyth fan at the weekend. He was telling me that the Club had 100’s of young kids attached. And that they were only camping out at the Fleets until their own ground issue got resolved. 
not nice when you don’t get what you were expecting,,,,

Lesson to be learned for all

21 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

Was talking to a Rosyth fan at the weekend. He was telling me that the Club had 100’s of young kids attached. And that they were only camping out at the Fleets until their own ground issue got resolved. 
not nice when you don’t get what you were expecting,,,,

Lesson to be learned for all

It was the fleet grounds that was supposed to have a new grass pitch changing rooms etc. Theyd aswell just move back to recreation park

On 19/03/2021 at 10:01, AlanCamelonfan said:

Council mucking around. I dont k how why they dont get the developer to upgrade the fleet grounds 

Its owned by south west Fife Trust. Although although Rosyth are primary users they don't have authority to take full control. Not to say they couldn't get a formal lease and develop it bit that's why they can't as it stands.

4 hours ago, Swifty said:

Its owned by south west Fife Trust. Although although Rosyth are primary users they don't have authority to take full control. Not to say they couldn't get a formal lease and develop it bit that's why they can't as it stands.

But that was what the original proposal was. To put a grass pitch their