EOS Grounds for Optimism

27 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

@GordonS stays in Bo’ness do you mean?

If so, @GordonS - Where do you go do your shopping? Tesco or Lidl?

When I coined ‘8milebu’ it was a rough guesstimate of how far it was from my then house to Newtown Park. It’s now 8.5 miles to be precise.

Anyway I’m confused, who you talking about? Who works in Falkirk and whose job’s viewed as essential?

Turned out I was confused as well. Had initially assumed he meant Tynierose, but later turned out he didn't. Think GordonS is a Glaswegian who moved to Linlithgow and isn't an officeholder with the club, so don't think he was being referred to either.

Looks like the EOS restart will be delayed then, just needs a precise statement about professional, amateur, non league, elite, sports that will be stopped/delayed. Given that there isn't massive travelling between most clubs, it would be good to give them a chance. I only hope the virus recedes or disappears, or we'll be in it for the long haul.

34 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Shambles that SFA, Scottish Government and the sports sections of every single media outlet so far cant clarify this hours after the announcement.

bit unfair to be blaming the SFA or the media for not providing clarity,its not them that made the rules or the announcement,im sure theyre as confused as the rest of us

Apparently lowland league is going ahead
I would expect the split would be the leagues that come under the SFA professional game board, which is the top 5 tiers.

Could venues of games be switched over the next couple of weeks to have Fife and Perthshire teams at home and at least allow some games to go ahead?

EoS, WoS and SJFA clubs will usually have at least some of their players on professional forms so the delay on clarifying what they meant may be because the politicians didn't realise just how many clubs there are that can legitimately claim to be professional.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

14 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

@GordonS stays in Bo’ness do you mean?

If so, @GordonS - Where do you go do your shopping? Tesco or Lidl?

When I coined ‘8milebu’ it was a rough guesstimate of how far it was from my then house to Newtown Park. It’s now 8.5 miles to be precise.

Anyway I’m confused, who you talking about? Who works in Falkirk and whose job’s viewed as essential?

No not gordonS

19 hours ago, gogsy said:

Thornton Hibs starting work this week on perimeter fence. 

https://www.thorntonhibs.com/news/ground-improvement-update-2575491.html

On the one hand, we are told that non-league clubs face imminent collapse unless fans are allowed back.

On the other, we have many clubs going ahead with ground improvements, including floodlights.

Confused?

14 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

On the one hand, we are told that non-league clubs face imminent collapse unless fans are allowed back.

On the other, we have many clubs going ahead with ground improvements, including floodlights.

Confused?

A decent chunk of the ground improvements will have come from grants and other forms of funding for specific purposes.

What's there to be confused about? Genuine question.

No two clubs are exactly the same and all, within the pyramid, are businesses which look to the future. None have received support from the SFA or the Government so far. Some may well close or have to go into abeyance. Some may choose not to play this season without the use of changing rooms. Understandable but use of the new cheap and quick covid test could sort that out in 15 minutes, apparently, but not in Scotland. Confusing?

Ah! Yes of course. Some businesses receive support but others do not. That CAN be a little confusing, I suppose.

Some businesses have complied with every requirement in order to get matches played once more in leagues and cup competitions and could manage a restricted number of fans at matches. They get trodden on for their efforts. That's confusing too.

Big News:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-statement-on-new-government-guidelines/?rid=13929

Thursday 8 October 2020

Following the latest update from Scottish Government on Thursday, 7 October, the Scottish FA can today confirm the impact on Scottish football as a result of government guidance. 

OVER 18s

ALL football activity for those aged 18 and over is not permitted in the following areas:

1. Ayrshire & Arran Health Board, comprising East, North, and South Ayrshire;
  2. Forth Valley Health Board, comprising Clackmannanshire, Falkirk, and Stirling;
  3. Greater Glasgow & Clyde Health Board, comprising Glasgow City, East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverclyde, Renfrewshire, and West Dunbartonshire;
  4. Lanarkshire Health Board, comprising North and South Lanarkshire; and
  5. Lothian Health Board, comprising the City of Edinburgh, East Lothian, Midlothian, and West Lothian.

Scottish Government travel guidance is that individuals who live in a high risk local health board area should not travel outside their health board area. This guidance applies for players travelling for training or matches. 

Clubs NOT located within the five high risk local health board areas noted above can continue to train and play in line with the current Phase 3 Route Map Guidance.  However, matches cannot be organised with any clubs located within the five high risk local Health Board areas.

Exemptions for over-18s are outlined below.

EXEMPTIONS

Please note, Scottish Government have advised of an exemption for professional sport. This covers teams who take part in the following competitions - Scottish Professional Football League, Highland League, Lowland League, SWF PL 1 & 2, West of Scotland Leagues, East of Scotland Leagues, South of Scotland League, North Caledonian League and SJFA Leagues. These competitions can continue in line with relevant guidance and protocols. This exemption also covers Scotland National Team fixtures at Men’s A, SWNT and Under-21 level.

UNDER 18s 

Teams, with players aged 17 and under, located within the five high risk local Health Board areas can only take part in training or matches within the same local health board area.

Players who live within a high risk local health board area should not travel out with that local health board area for training or matches as per Scottish Government guidance.

Teams, with players aged 17 and under, located in any non-high risk local Health Board areas can organise training or matches within any other non-high risk local health board area.

Players who live within a non-high risk local health board area can travel into other non-high risk local health board areas for training or matches.

Players who live within a non-high risk local health board area should not travel into a high risk local health board area for training or matches.

These restrictions are in place from Saturday 10 October and will remain in place until midnight on Sunday 25 October at the earliest.

Chaotic in Scotland again, hope things are better down here in England with the petition to get fans back now totalling 150,000 Got a feeling that even the National Leagues will get at least some fans back in. About time we had a politician for non league football, who knows about the game. If it meant getting votes they'd soon be interested. Hope some games go ahead this weekend, are they  all BCD ? 

4 hours ago, Dev said:

Big News:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-statement-on-new-government-guidelines/?rid=13929

Thursday 8 October 2020

Following the latest update from Scottish Government on Thursday, 7 October, the Scottish FA can today confirm the impact on Scottish football as a result of government guidance. 

OVER 18s

ALL football activity for those aged 18 and over is not permitted in the following areas:

1. Ayrshire & Arran Health Board, comprising East, North, and South Ayrshire;
  2. Forth Valley Health Board, comprising Clackmannanshire, Falkirk, and Stirling;
  3. Greater Glasgow & Clyde Health Board, comprising Glasgow City, East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverclyde, Renfrewshire, and West Dunbartonshire;
  4. Lanarkshire Health Board, comprising North and South Lanarkshire; and
  5. Lothian Health Board, comprising the City of Edinburgh, East Lothian, Midlothian, and West Lothian.

Scottish Government travel guidance is that individuals who live in a high risk local health board area should not travel outside their health board area. This guidance applies for players travelling for training or matches. 

Clubs NOT located within the five high risk local health board areas noted above can continue to train and play in line with the current Phase 3 Route Map Guidance.  However, matches cannot be organised with any clubs located within the five high risk local Health Board areas.

Exemptions for over-18s are outlined below.

EXEMPTIONS

Please note, Scottish Government have advised of an exemption for professional sport. This covers teams who take part in the following competitions - Scottish Professional Football League, Highland League, Lowland League, SWF PL 1 & 2, West of Scotland Leagues, East of Scotland Leagues, South of Scotland League, North Caledonian League and SJFA Leagues. These competitions can continue in line with relevant guidance and protocols. This exemption also covers Scotland National Team fixtures at Men’s A, SWNT and Under-21 level.

UNDER 18s 

Teams, with players aged 17 and under, located within the five high risk local Health Board areas can only take part in training or matches within the same local health board area.

Players who live within a high risk local health board area should not travel out with that local health board area for training or matches as per Scottish Government guidance.

Teams, with players aged 17 and under, located in any non-high risk local Health Board areas can organise training or matches within any other non-high risk local health board area.

Players who live within a non-high risk local health board area can travel into other non-high risk local health board areas for training or matches.

Players who live within a non-high risk local health board area should not travel into a high risk local health board area for training or matches.

These restrictions are in place from Saturday 10 October and will remain in place until midnight on Sunday 25 October at the earliest.

Confused.  Club is in one high risk area and player lives in a different high risk area.  Is the player exempt from all restrictions if club is.  Only reason I am asking is if you go into the Q & A session on the SFA website,  the question is asked by a player and the answer given is NO you cannot travel to train or play.

9 minutes ago, fanatic said:

Confused.  Club is in one high risk area and player lives in a different high risk area.  Is the player exempt from all restrictions if club is.  Only reason I am asking is if you go into the Q & A session on the SFA website,  the question is asked by a player and the answer given is NO you cannot travel to train or play.

Q –  Do these restrictions affect my league or Affiliate National Association?

A – The exemptions to this guidance are clubs within the following leagues and ANA’s:

• SPFL
  • Lowland and Highland League
  • West, East and South of Scotland Leagues
  • North Caledonian League
  • SJFA Leagues
  • Scottish Women Premier Leagues 1 & 2

For the avoidance of doubt this means that the following ANA’s are affected:

• SAFA
  • SWFA
  • SWF out with Premier League 1 & 2
  • SYFA
  • SSFA
  • PARA Football

8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Q –  Do these restrictions affect my league or Affiliate National Association?

A – The exemptions to this guidance are clubs within the following leagues and ANA’s:

• SPFL
  • Lowland and Highland League
  • West, East and South of Scotland Leagues
  • North Caledonian League
  • SJFA Leagues
  • Scottish Women Premier Leagues 1 & 2

For the avoidance of doubt this means that the following ANA’s are affected:

• SAFA
  • SWFA
  • SWF out with Premier League 1 & 2
  • SYFA
  • SSFA
  • PARA Football

Thanks,  it was only because I was reading the Q&As and these two replies had me wondering

Q – I live in a high risk health board area but my club is located in a different high risk health board area, can I travel there to train and play?

A – No, if you live in a high risk health board area, you cannot travel out with that boundary to play football, regardless of your age.

Q – I have players who reside in one high risk health board area, but the club is located in a different area. Can players travel between these areas to train and play?

A – No, travel from high risk areas to any other area, high risk or otherwise at this stage following Scottish Government guidelines to play football is not permitted.

9 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Confused?

...You will be after this week's episode of Soap.