EOS Grounds for Optimism

3 hours ago, Burmah Oil said:

Shippy got midweek games in the fixtures in the new year so must be getting there lights ready for then. Plenty of time to go.

Two midweek games in March, with other games at 2:30pm from January.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Maybe Wigtown & Bladnoch?

Ah yes, forgot about them...

• 2 weeks later...

St Andrews United now with Planning Permission and  Glenrothes have said that they will be going for a Club Licence. Any news of progress with getting Lit-up there?

Any news about the remaining Licenced Clubs without Lights i.e. Girvan, Wigton & Bladnoch and Burntisland Shipyard? There was a mention on P&B that Burnisland may have started work on theirs.

Darvel is saying that they will be applying to planning permission and Irvine Meadow are tweeting that they are within £250 of reaching their fund raising target towards getting Flood Lit. I believe that I read that Gartcairn's up-grade to their ground includes Flood-Lights.

Golspie Sutherland from the NCL now with Lights.

If only clubs could have the chance to get back to normal and be able to use their Flood-Lights in front of fans without the threat of covid.

Todays agm is huge should the clubs wait for the phase 4 announcement from government or just start the season
Any update?

Is the season starting or not.

Personally see no point at this level without punters.

Or proper facilities for players changing etc.

18 minutes ago, the tin man said:

Season starts no fans no changing rooms. Hopefully she relaxes it on 15th October

You want restrictions relaxed when this is happening? Our death rate right now is where it was the day lockdown was imposed, on 23 March. Three weeks later the death rate was 17 times higher. Cases are 30 times higher than they were two months ago, and 10 times higher than they were 5 weeks ago, though testing has increased in that time.

I want the pubs and everything else non-essential closed before we go into the winter with a disaster all-but guaranteed. We're living in a world of denial right now.

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 20.43.01.png

You want restrictions relaxed when this is happening? Our death rate right now is where it was the day lockdown was imposed, on 23 March. Three weeks later the death rate was 17 times higher. Cases are 30 times higher than they were two months ago, and 10 times higher than they were 5 weeks ago, though testing has increased in that time.
I want the pubs and everything else non-essential closed before we go into the winter with a disaster all-but guaranteed. We're living in a world of denial right now.
2130463758_Screenshot2020-10-04at20_43_01.thumb.png.390a87e65bed23cc8eb775c65cc00d8a.png
Am just back fi haggerston wi the bairns. If u follow the guidelines feel really safe. Scan the covid app at every entry point sanitise your hands. Remain socially distant. In the pool u arrived wi swim suit on under clothes on entry to pool u dipped ur hands umder shower. After the hpur session no showers u went to locker room got changed n left immediately. Football crowds around our parks can be socially distant no problem whatsoever

20 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 20.43.01.png

You stay in the hoose, let the rest of us get on with our lives