EOS Grounds for Optimism

On 26/07/2020 at 16:11, Jeek said:

Couldn't think of a better place to put it, the Haws ground looking lovely from up here!20200726_160924.jpeg

Just reminded me, I was up the Braid Hills the other night, and was looking down on East Peffermill, Edinburgh Uni.

I know, LL forum for this pish...

7J1A7833.thumb.jpg.6a57b10348369a30e54660cbd6953b56.jpg

22 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I have no idea what this even means but good grief! 

Was a reaction to the graffiti at one of the clubs of the male truncheon ! Childish drawing by whoever did it, followed by my Victorian Dad attitude to crime and punishment ! Go back a few pages on this thread to find the picture.

21 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Was a reaction to the graffiti at one of the clubs of the male truncheon ! Childish drawing by whoever did it, followed by my Victorian Dad attitude to crime and punishment ! Go back a few pages on this thread to find the picture.

“male truncheon” 😂

Was it the one I posted here?

If so it wasn’t at a football club thankfully, just a derelict building at one of my work’s sites. 

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

So you did that ! Bet you've done it in subways etc, like a young Banksy at work !  Looking forward to the new season, haven't been to many EOS grounds yet, depends on if I can get there via trains and buses. 

Haha, unfortunately I cannot claim the honour of being the artist who drew that big chubby. 

• 3 weeks later...

...and a wide array of sockpuppets/sycophants ready to shout down anybody that dares deviate even slightly from the Sendero Luminoso of the EoS where the pyramid is concerned. Now the WoS is in place albeit mostly with SJFA memberships retained and there is zero chance of the east region ever getting in now that the PWG meetings have ended that's settled largely but not entirely in their favour, so maybe there's no agenda left for them to push on here. The Battle Royale of the blazers that raged over the last few years has run its course with the woodpile dude being put out to pasture in the west and Tom Johnston exiting stage right to start his retirement in November. Hopefully we'll start seeing lots of banter filled threads about the fitba that's happening once the season finally gets underway.  Mon the BUs or Blantir Vics depending on which side of the Castlecary viaduct I happen to be standing on.

Probably not the right thread for this but with improvements to grounds being made all over the place, it’s really disheartening to see Camelon are the latest club to have been victim to the local tinks having little better to do than be scummy little fire-raising vermin. 

Anybody here have an up-to-date list for what clubs have got lights in the East of Scotland now? Will make a BIG difference next season if games have to be played during the week to. Not long ago you could be waiting all season for one junior game under lights.

1 hour ago, Burmah Oil said:

Anybody here have an up-to-date list for what clubs have got lights in the East of Scotland now? Will make a BIG difference next season if games have to be played during the week to. Not long ago you could be waiting all season for one junior game under lights.

Non League Scotland has details for individuals clubs https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/ while Wikipedia lists the all the clubs together https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_East_of_Scotland_Football_League

21 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Non League Scotland has details for individuals clubs https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/ while Wikipedia lists the all the clubs together https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_East_of_Scotland_Football_League

Did not know of this website Genaro, so thank you for giving a link to it.

Just to say that Musselburgh do now have floodlights. They were installed a couple of months ago as part of the initiative to gain our SFA licence in 2020-21.