EOS Grounds for Optimism

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I am guessing that 17 October when the Championship starts will be when tiers 5.6.7 and 8 would hope to get started.  

34 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

That day can’t come effing quick enough. 😤

Obviously if these dates are set in mind its gonnae create a bit of a backlog for the Scottish Cup. 

15 hours ago, Swifty said:

How come grassroots football can return on 15th July but seniors can't? Surely expectation would be the other way about! 

It’s only youth football that’s got the go-ahead so far. There’s been a bit of confusion over it but amateur football, as well as EoS, LL etc, isn’t allowed to start on the 15th.

Edited by Ormi

9 hours ago, Ormi said:

It’s only youth football that’s got the go-ahead so far. There’s been a bit of confusion over it but amateur football, as well as EoS, LL etc, isn’t allowed to start on the 15th.

I don't understand what the difference is?

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

Maybe it's about children having a much reduced risk of catching and transmitting Covid-19?

I would of figured that, schools are also closed just now which is the main place you would expect them to spread it around. There's also typically a lack of a crowd that goes along with youth football.

Whereas semi professional football comes with crowds. Players/staff also have other jobs that would be put on hold if there was ever a football related breakout that lead to people going into quarantine.

5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Only problem with putting up floodlights in the summer is that you've got to wait a while until it's dark enough to see if everything's working properly!

If you had just waited a couple of hours, you could have posted a screenshot of the lights working. They were tested around 10-10:30pm and all good! 💙

• 2 weeks later...

Some tink(s) decided to spray paint the wall at New Countess Park after the hard work that Dunbar fans have put in to renovating the ground.

It's not even very good graffiti, just an illiterate looking scrawl and a wavy line 

Personally when caught I'd tie the miscreants to a goalpost and have Michael Wojtowycz and Andy Hogg fire free kicks at their genitalia. I'm sure they could still hit a good free kick.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

That near Mosmorran they probably don't even need floodlights...

Somebody once told me that Mossmorran caused a microclimate over Lochgelly which was like Lochgelly Albert having undersoil heating and they could get matches played when other places in Fife were frozen!

On 22/07/2020 at 10:31, tamthebam said:

Some tink(s) decided to spray paint the wall at New Countess Park after the hard work that Dunbar fans have put in to renovating the ground.

It's not even very good graffiti, just an illiterate looking scrawl and a wavy line 

Personally when caught I'd tie the miscreants to a goalpost and have Michael Wojtowycz and Andy Hogg fire free kicks at their genitalia. I'm sure they could still hit a good free kick.

“genitalia” 😄

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.0e4de6be48bb9302472b779438176710.jpeg
You know it’s crap graffiti if there’s no a fat cock-n-baws.

Edited by 8MileBU