EOS Grounds for Optimism

18 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Yes the plan got rejected after consolation. The group looking to take it on accepted there was significant local rejection. I’m don’t know why people objected but I’m sure petty local politics was part of it.  

At least they were nice about it.

10 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Really looking forward to seeing Kennoway SH competing in the EOSFL. Good to see the maintenance work in progress.

Treaton Park feels like something out of the film "Field of Dreams" to me. And just for that I have a soft spot for the place!

Swifts seem to be making some improvements to the pitchside fence. Would be nice if they enclosed the ground properly but I'm sure I've read the Highland Games committee isn't too keen on a permanent fence. 

Swifts.jpg

40 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Swifts seem to be making some improvements to the pitchside fence. Would be nice if they enclosed the ground properly but I'm sure I've read the Highland Games committee isn't too keen on a permanent fence.

Well of course, as you can't just put a tall fence when their current mesh fence is, since it would block the view of the highland games spectator who are all outside the running track. Unless of course you can remove it for one day a year in August!

Hopefully they can add some cover, especially if they are going to play in the Premier Division next season with more spectators.

28 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Well of course, as you can't just put a tall fence when their current mesh fence is, since it would block the view of the highland games spectator who are all outside the running track. Unless of course you can remove it for one day a year in August!

Hopefully they can add some cover, especially if they are going to play in the Premier Division next season with more spectators.

Just remove the highland games

• 3 weeks later...

I've been helping to tart up New Countess Park, Dunbar the last two Tuesdays along with some other volunteers.

Amazing what a lick of paint does but still lots more work to do. The place should look no bad once it's done though 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Swifty said:

How come grassroots football can return on 15th July but seniors can't? Surely expectation would be the other way about! 

Relaxation of restrictions on live events in line with public health advice doesn't kick in until phase 4 and I reckon that's when 11 v 11 non Premiership Fitbaw may get started.  I am guessing that 17 October when the Championship starts will be when tiers 5.6.7 and 8 would hope to get started.  

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Relaxation of restrictions on live events in line with public health advice doesn't kick in until phase 4 and I reckon that's when 11 v 11 non Premiership Fitbaw may get started.  I am guessing that 17 October when the Championship starts will be when tiers 5.6.7 and 8 would hope to get started.  

That day can’t come effing quick enough. 😤