EOS Grounds for Optimism

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

The 'gates have done so well since turning senior.  A wee bit of cover should be next on the agenda.

They raised the money by the end of September so there might've been plans for it to go in over the summer?

On 03/05/2020 at 08:19, oldandround said:

Fernieside on the other hand, just needs a fence really.  Clubhouse is recently built,  modern and right at the ptichside.  Playing surface is flat, huge, well maintained and there is loads of grass area around it for development going forward. 

Its actually a pretty decent facility.  A negative is probably parking and access as you have to drive through the housing estate to get to it.

It definitely an option. 20 grand max and its ready (for EOS to tier 6), assuming the council allow it of course!

Here's the changing room details from the planning application - might fall short on the criteria about changing area size, toilets for each team in the changing area, size of the officials changing area.

Screenshot_2020-05-03 07_00080_CEC-PLAN_AND_ELEVATIONS__02_-472742 pdf.png

One of the positives across senior football out of this Covid19 crisis is that those clubs who play on grass will have some cracking healthy pitches once things start up again, presuming they haven't been allowed to turn into hay meadows. The grass could have gone 6 months or more maybe with no one on them even for training by the time things get back to normal.......Maybe someone should start a Beachgrove Garden P&B thread. 

Edited by morley

46 minutes ago, morley said:

One of the positives across senior football out of this Covid19 crisis is that those clubs who play on grass will have some cracking healthy pitches once things start up again, presuming they haven't been allowed to turn into hay meadows. The grass could have gone 6 months or more maybe with no one on them even for training by the time things get back to normal.......Maybe someone should start a Beachgrove Garden P&B thread. 

St Mark’s park as always in outstanding condition the other day. 

E4F83FA7-22CD-47FB-B413-4E998AC3D6E1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Not EOS, but might as well pop it here...

Linton Hotspur erecting a wee shed at their very scenic wee ground. They've also put up some new spectator barriers over the lockdown, and the playing surface is looking magic.

In the foreground, their goalkeeper is feeding up for the new season. IMG_20200520_185011.jpegIMG_20200520_184916.jpeg

9 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Park looking great well done to everyone concerned , have you got or are you going for the license 

Licensing for crossgates is certainly the long term goal.

The new portocabin is being converted to meet some of the criteria (such as a first aid room),  funding also was in place to build a covered terrace which will be the 2nd biggest thing before floodlights.

Theres a lot of other small scale things, the boundary wall is certainly not 2m right the way round. But as always needs said the club is running things the right way and then I think they’ll get to where they want(and will deserve) to achieve.

On 07/05/2020 at 16:19, junglehenry said:

They still had an amateur side up until season ending? Scott Walker, Scotland amateur keeper was still there I believe.

I played amateurs with Scott about 11/12 years ago. Best goalkeeper I’ve played with.

On 22/05/2020 at 17:35, parsforlife said:

Theres a lot of other small scale things, the boundary wall is certainly not 2m right the way round. But as always needs said the club is running things the right way and then I think they’ll get to where they want(and will deserve) to achieve.

Someone asked about the pitch size in reply on twitter, looking at google maps the width is fine but the length seems close to the minimum of 90m. Wonder if they would get away with moving the north wall if they have to increase its height anyway, and if those houses at the south will cause problems for floodlights.

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Someone asked about the pitch size in reply on twitter, looking at google maps the width is fine but the length seems close to the minimum of 90m. Wonder if they would get away with moving the north wall if they have to increase its height anyway, and if those houses at the south will cause problems for floodlights.

Looks like it might be easier turning the pitch round 90 degrees from the google map view

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

Looks like it might be easier turning the pitch round 90 degrees from the google map view

Funnily enough... ;)

The Ground

The pitch currently lies on North/South orientation, however, this wasn't always the case. Dunfermline Athletic changed the alignment from East/West when under their ownership. A grandstand once stood to the south but there is no evidence of it today - probably as a result of the re-alignment  and the housing development just behind the ground. The grass terracing is a later development.

https://www.crossgatesprimrosejfc.com/about-us/humbug-park/

Suppose it could be done and there'd be no issued with neighbours about floodlights. Might lose a few more balls onto the main road though!

Screenshot_2020-05-23 Google Maps.jpg

I don’t know the current length but it is a pretty small , something that might be further reduced  if the goalpost design is changed to the current more modern  ‘square’ requirement instead of the old school ‘triangle’ design.

I hope the pitch does meet licensing but if it didn’t I would think it would need rotated back 90° to what it was before dunfermline took it on as a training ground(the 60s I believe), the south side is houses and the north isn’t far from the road.  

Humbug Park is the public park that includes the ground anyway with the club using just a portion (I don’t know the exact detail of the arrangement but there was a public construction on a community group taking on the park from the council that included leasing to the football club) It will be far easier to extent to the west, tho that would still be a shitty and reasonably expensive job. 

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t know the current length but it is a pretty small , something that might be further reduced  if the goalpost design is changed to the current more modern  ‘square’ requirement instead of the old school ‘triangle’ design.

I hope the pitch does meet licensing but if it didn’t I would think it would need rotated back 90° to what it was before dunfermline took it on as a training ground(the 60s I believe), the south side is houses and the north isn’t far from the road.  

Humbug Park is the public park that includes the ground anyway with the club using just a portion (I don’t know the exact detail of the arrangement but there was a public construction on a community group taking on the park from the council that included leasing to the football club) It will be far easier to extent to the west, tho that would still be a shitty and reasonably expensive job. 

Distance from the south railing to the north wall is 98m on google maps, take off a few metres between the pitch and rail then it gets a bit tight to the 90m.

If the community don't want any changes to the public park I doubt they'd allow the trees on the west side to be cut down!

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Distance from the south railing to the north wall is 98m on google maps, take off a few metres between the pitch and rail then it gets a bit tight to the 90m.

If the community don't want any changes to the public park I doubt they'd allow the trees on the west side to be cut down!

Pitch should be ok then,  there’s no barrier at the north side currently and as far I can see the requirements for a run off area doesn’t kick in until silver.  You need about 2m behind the goal line to pitch the the nets.  Absolute worse case would be needing to put a 2nd entry point in to allow access to the west side.