EOS Grounds for Optimism

3 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

With them being an Amatuer club do you think there was a bit more leniency awarded to Inverkeithing than to the likes of Thornton

Probably more to do with timing - at that point the numbers were low and the league probably quite happy to accept new members.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

+ some just absolutely love a moan, and object just cos it’s not how things have always been.

Aye.

Best Fife one I saw was in St Andrew's, an oldie neighbour raged, "Golf and Students have RUINED this town".

Ok then.

On 19/04/2020 at 14:10, Ginaro said:

Yes, the normal mesh fencing boundary around the track can't just be turned into a large view-blocking fence, as that's where the highland games spectators sit. (Well, unless they remove it for one week in August.)

So if the Swifts wanted to add a permanent fence it would need to be set so far back it would basically include the whole park (to allow all the highland games spectators, shows, stalls, vans to fit inside it).

At least the current fence allows them to take a gate, and if there's a decent crowd your view is going to be restricted standing 15m away if you don't pay to get in.

With Thornton you can just wander up to the railing around the pitch and watch the game for free.

56189857_2221373227938988_1935862324334166016_o.jpg

My friend Carole F4cking Baskin told me they have plans for a new fence and shelter. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see Edinburgh South are going to initially play at Dalkeith. They moved into Dugshite Park, sorry, Fernieside after Tynecastle moved out but I take it the facilities aren't quite up to modern EOSL standards.

I think there's scope to improve Fernieside though- there's enough room for a shelter and a fence round the pitch as the pavilion is quite good. Also need to stop the locals using it as a dug toilet.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I see Edinburgh South are going to initially play at Dalkeith. They moved into Dugshite Park, sorry, Fernieside after Tynecastle moved out but I take it the facilities aren't quite up to modern EOSL standards.

I think there's scope to improve Fernieside though- there's enough room for a shelter and a fence round the pitch as the pavilion is quite good. Also need to stop the locals using it as a dug toilet.

They use Inch Park.

Fernieside is a totally different venue than what your on about. 

5 hours ago, junglehenry said:

They use Inch Park.

Totally not in the know. But, they tend to use inch park for the younger sides.  U16's and above tend to use jack kane (grass or 3g) and the ams used fernieside, which they have for years.  Before that it was double hedges park.

Inch park is really susceptible to flooding and off whenever it rains.  It would be very very expensive (i reckon) to upgrade to EOS standards.  

Fernieside on the other hand, just needs a fence really.  Clubhouse is recently built,  modern and right at the ptichside.  Playing surface is flat, huge, well maintained and there is loads of grass area around it for development going forward. 

Its actually a pretty decent facility.  A negative is probably parking and access as you have to drive through the housing estate to get to it.

It definitely an option. 20 grand max and its ready (for EOS to tier 6), assuming the council allow it of course!

10 hours ago, junglehenry said:

They use Inch Park.

That's why the pavilion at Fernieside has a sign saying "Edinburgh South FC" on it then.

Some industrious vandals in that area 

14 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

That's why the pavilion at Fernieside has a sign saying "Edinburgh South FC" on it then.

Craigour actually 💅😉

Think there’s always been planning issues there with the locals and access though (where else would their dugs go to shit?!), hence why Tynecastle/Tollcross had to move away.

Edited by Spyro

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Fernieside, have their own pavilion and a completely different entity to Edinburgh South.

16 hours ago, oldandround said:

Totally not in the know. But, they tend to use inch park for the younger sides.  U16's and above tend to use jack kane (grass or 3g) and the ams used fernieside, which they have for years.  Before that it was double hedges park.

Inch park is really susceptible to flooding and off whenever it rains.  It would be very very expensive (i reckon) to upgrade to EOS standards.  

Fernieside on the other hand, just needs a fence really.  Clubhouse is recently built,  modern and right at the ptichside.  Playing surface is flat, huge, well maintained and there is loads of grass area around it for development going forward. 

Its actually a pretty decent facility.  A negative is probably parking and access as you have to drive through the housing estate to get to it.

It definitely an option. 20 grand max and its ready (for EOS to tier 6), assuming the council allow it of course!

There was work done to Inch Park a couple years ago, I mind running about and it was lined 3inches into ground with pebbles/stones. I presume this may have been for drainage? 

On 04/05/2020 at 01:18, junglehenry said:

Fernieside, have their own pavilion and a completely different entity to Edinburgh South.

Fernieside no longer exists they were 'absorbed' into the Edinburgh South set-up.

Edited by uptheslope

3 hours ago, uptheslope said:

Fernieside no longer exists they were 'absorbed' into the Edinburgh South set-up.

They still had an amateur side up until season ending? Scott Walker, Scotland amateur keeper was still there I believe.