EOS Grounds for Optimism

I've just driven by Olivebank and it looks like Musselburgh have made further improvement's to the ground with improving the fencing. I understand they were quoted something daft (£120k+) for putting floodlights in. Hopefully the council are able to help them out a bit

Civil Service and Coldstream now have submitted plans for installing floodlights.

I could be putting 2+2 together the wrong way but both Girvan and Burntisland have had meetings with the SFP about facilities in the last 12 months too. Other than floodlights I can't think what other facilities they would be meeting about

18 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Civil Service and Coldstream now have submitted plans for installing floodlights.

CSS: https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=POO389EWIT200

Coldstream: https://eplanning.scotborders.gov.uk/online-applications/caseDetails.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=POLOUCNTG3400 

Both meet entry lux levels, presumably getting approval won't be as much of a problem as Bonnyrigg with the houses further away.

Coldstream faced real issues getting planning permission to enclose the ground and erect an enclosure a few years ago. Many objections were lodged and a raucous public meeting ensued.

Eventually went to a postal plebiscite of every household in the community council area - result was 51% in favour, 49% against.

Hopefully the good citizens are more enlightened on lighting.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Here's a couple of photos I took of Old Shielfield when I was at the Berwick v Cove game on Saturday. Tweedmouth are certainly investing a fair bit in facilities. The ground is looking much improved from a year or so ago when I was last there.

2Lap7QX.jpg

nEHH9Gz.jpg

Tweedmouth are a great club, an example that the team on the pitch is just a small part of what makes a brilliant club.

Part of me is still gutted they couldn’t get their old pitch at Ord Road under the viaduct up to scratch, good memories from there... 8)

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Coldstream faced real issues getting planning permission to enclose the ground and erect an enclosure a few years ago. Many objections were lodged and a raucous public meeting ensued.

Eventually went to a postal plebiscite of every household in the community council area - result was 51% in favour, 49% against.

Hopefully the good citizens are more enlightened on lighting.

It should be more straightforward this time round, hopefully. There are already lights on the neighbouring full-size training pitch and some of them have been removed because they were actually too close to the touchline on the main pitch. Overall, there will be fewer pylons but in a different location if this goes ahead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 16:16, Ginaro said:

CSS: https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=POO389EWIT200

Coldstream: https://eplanning.scotborders.gov.uk/online-applications/caseDetails.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=POLOUCNTG3400 

Both meet entry lux levels, presumably getting approval won't be as much of a problem as Bonnyrigg with the houses further away.

Both have been approved. Suppose that leaves VoL, WW, Burntisland, Golspie, Wigtown, and Girvan as the only SFA members without plans in place for floodlights?

It will be interesting to see if the likes of Wigtown and Golspie have the resource and inclination to get lit. Obviously it's a matter of pride and heritage to be SFA members and play in Scottish Cup, and you get a couple of thousand £ prizemoney and some annual payments off SFA; equally nowadays such sides almost invariably lose in the prelims and lights cost tens of thousands of £, and neither seems to have any ambitions of moving up the pyramid (indeed Golspie aren't even in it).

Edited by HibeeJibee

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Both have been approved. Suppose that leaves VoL, WW, Burntisland, Golspie, Wigtown, and Girvan as the only SFA members without plans in place for floodlights?

Heard WWFC got their hands on some lights several weeks ago so would imagine they plan to use them!

I haven't visited all the grounds but so far as I can see Tranent and Linlithgow come out top in terms of the viewing area for disabled people. A few of the grounds have set aside an area but anyone in a wheelchair might struggle to see the whole of the pitch, particularly when people are close to the barrier between the terrace and the pitch. 

13 minutes ago, John S said:

I haven't visited all the grounds but so far as I can see Tranent and Linlithgow come out top in terms of the viewing area for disabled people. A few of the grounds have set aside an area but anyone in a wheelchair might struggle to see the whole of the pitch, particularly when people are close to the barrier between the terrace and the pitch. 

WW have a wheelchair shelter area behind the goals to your right as you enter the ground.. Good view of whole pitch and despite it being grass banked, it's at the top and there is a path to take you there.

Anyone got some shots of Jeanfield's lights?
That's the far side. That's off one light on each. There is 2 other lights on each pole facing the other direction which we use for training. These will be turned round.

20181213_192224.jpg

20 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

WW have a wheelchair shelter area behind the goals to your right as you enter the ground.. Good view of whole pitch and despite it being grass banked, it's at the top and there is a path to take you there.

Coldstream have space beside there pavilion.