EOS Grounds for Optimism

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Decided to email the council about this - got a reply saying they plan to recycle the floodlights on a separate project within the city. (assume that means all the floodlights as I didn't mention the 3G ones versus the big ones)

I didn't know hotels/student accomodation needed a set of football floodlights.... :rolleyes:

I always thought Whitehill should buy and re-erect a couple of the big ones to put Fergie Park on the map. In your face Bonnyrigg scum! 

Not sure where to post this as there are a number of threads covering similar topics but good luck to all the clubs this week who have applied for licences.  The more licenced clubs, the better as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure lots of people have put in work at various clubs and hopefully they are rewarded with a licence.

Edited by stanley

• 2 weeks later...

Todays Herald, real not Weegie, covers Little Kerse putting in planning permission for the building of a stand - mention of Syngenta looking to move there but nothing concrete.

6 hours ago, drs said:

Todays Herald, real not Weegie, covers Little Kerse putting in planning permission for the building of a stand - mention of Syngenta looking to move there but nothing concrete.

I’m sure there were plans unveiled for little kerse in partnership with East Stirlingshire a few years back. Good news if they are going to be improving the facility there and a statement of intent from syngenta going forward?

Article mentions the Shires plans but effectively says that their move to TFS has ruled out their plans - also makes play of the fact that current Junior, EoS and SPFL clubs use it as a training facility.

3 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

I’m sure there were plans unveiled for little kerse in partnership with East Stirlingshire a few years back. Good news if they are going to be improving the facility there and a statement of intent from syngenta going forward?

Nothing to do with syngenta, more likely pennies will use it in the juniors at some point 

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Not EOS but over in the SOS at Lochmaben (they currently groundshare with Mid-Annandale):

Love the tiling. Looks a much more attractive and atmospheric place than the 3G cage in Lockerbie.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JamesGroundHopping said:

Loads of great work going on at Tweedmouth, looks like they are benefiting greatly from joining the EOSFL. 

No disputing vision off the park and a few good lads on it but if you don't match the vision of your gaffer and give them what you said they would get they wont get to that next level.

13 hours ago, Hertz1874 said:

No disputing vision off the park and a few good lads on it but if you don't match the vision of your gaffer and give them what you said they would get they wont get to that next level.

Interesting comment.

What gaffer (claims he) was let down - there's been a few.......