EOS Grounds for Optimism

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

Drove by Penicuik park this afternoon and it looks to now be fully enclosed with smart blue screening.

I don't know if anything has been done with the toilets or wheelchair accessible shelter yet

Everything in place magnificent work done since the turn of the year well done to everyone involved 

I have no idea when the inspection will be for the license fingers crossed all is ok

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Anyone any idea which clubs are planning on being Licenced in time for promotion/Scottish?

Blackburn's application is in for next months meeting, so fingers crossed.

Would it be announced publicy following next month? There's was obviously the LTHV situation last year where it was known they had their license during their games against Kelty. However there was no public presentation until some time in the summer if I remember correctly.

Would it be announced publicy following next month? There's was obviously the LTHV situation last year where it was known they had their license during their games against Kelty. However there was no public presentation until some time in the summer if I remember correctly.
Well to be eligible for promotion the Licence needs ratified at first the Licence committee meeting and then SFA board meeting both of which take place mid-Feb. I believe the next Licence meeting is in June which would be too late for promotion but still gets you into Scottish.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Well to be eligible for promotion the Licence needs ratified at first the Licence committee meeting and then SFA board meeting both of which take place mid-Feb. I believe the next Licence meeting is in June which would be too late for promotion but still gets you into Scottish.

If a glut of clubs start getting licensed in mid-February it'd probably kick off again.

It has been easy to mock the EoS this year with Conferences and 'Diddy Cups'. That changes for those on the outside seeing the prospect of say Kelty + 2 other ex East Super League Juniors in the Lowland League, the EoS Premier and Scottish Cup entry in 2019-20. If they don't move this summer, they're just going to get stuck behind even further.

57 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Everything in place magnificent work done since the turn of the year well done to everyone involved 

I have no idea when the inspection will be for the license fingers crossed all is ok

The Penicuik manager was on Radio Saltire last Monday, mentioned trying to get up to the LL next season, sure I remember him saying it was being checked in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Blackburn's application is in for next months meeting, so fingers crossed.

I assume the audit went well and everything else is order so there's no reason why your application for full membership should be declined?

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I assume the audit went well and everything else is order so there's no reason why your application for full membership should be declined?

That's about the long and the short of it I believe so fingers crossed.  Hopefully we're not the only ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a shame as it was the most elevated part of Old Shielfield, but Tweedmouth dug out their west bank today, making space for their new permanent pavilion.

More skill and probably more entertainment on show there, this afternoon, than next door...

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 01/12/2018 at 22:48, tamthebam said:

passed the half demolished remains of Meadowbank today. 

There's a perfectly good, and EOSFL acceptable set, of floodlights by the 3G pitch that Leith Athletic used- it's a shame no one at the Council thought to reuse them elsewhere for the good of football in Edinburgh. 

My thought was they could be re-erected at the Council owned ground at Paties Road. 

Decided to email the council about this - got a reply saying they plan to recycle the floodlights on a separate project within the city. (assume that means all the floodlights as I didn't mention the 3G ones versus the big ones)

Edited by Ginaro