EOS Grounds for Optimism

Random question regarding EoS grounds - can anybody recall when (roughly) Sauchie moved from Fairfield Park to Beechwood Park?  I know Beechwood was drastically done up around 2003 but I was wondering when it was first used by the Juniors?  Cheers.

Random question regarding EoS grounds - can anybody recall when (roughly) Sauchie moved from Fairfield Park to Beechwood Park?  I know Beechwood was drastically done up around 2003 but I was wondering when it was first used by the Juniors?  Cheers.
They've been at Beechwood for as long as I can remember, wasn't even aware they played elsewhere in the Juniors.

Can remember Beechwood being there from as far back as the mid-70s, so probably the early 1960s for when it was built. Sauchie became a junior team at that point. They were a juvenile club before that and I don't think Fairfield Park would ever have been acceptable for the east region juniors as it isn't enclosed. Different story if they had been in the Fife league as its standards were much more lax.

Newtongrange Star's New Victoria Park looks good. They have fundraised over £2000 for their licence application so can't be far away from meeting the entry level ground criteria - from their facebook page they said "We need to fully enclose the ground so you can’t see in from the inside. Make sure the ground is safe. Make a separate medical room"

• 2 weeks later...

Following tonight's draw Dunipace have announced their ground will reopen 1 week earlier than was planned, the curtainraiser being their Alex Jack Cup QF v Broxburn Athletic on Saturday 22nd September.

According to their Development Association FB page Newtown Park in Bo'ness will shut from April 1st, with work continuing till late August and reopening early September 2019.

Following tonight's draw Dunipace have announced their ground will reopen 1 week earlier than was planned, the curtainraiser being their Alex Jack Cup QF v Broxburn Athletic on Saturday 22nd September.

According to their Development Association FB page Newtown Park in Bo'ness will shut from April 1st, with work continuing till late August and reopening early September 2019.
Westfield is getting there. Latest photo from late last week, contractors expecting to be complete in the next week or so.FB_IMG_1536129136212.jpg

Looks a bit Benburby - no cover or terracing on the other three sides?
That will come, old terracing on far side was knocked down and the land graded up to get rid of the spoil. This is only the first phase, there's more to come all around, including covered terrace (hopefully before end of the season). Most important was the park and surrounds for now, with the new portakabins also providing toilets does matchdays.

Park is bigger than Benburb as well, in terms of dimensions. [emoji106]

On 18/08/2018 at 12:59, LongTimeLurker said:

Can remember Beechwood being there from as far back as the mid-70s, so probably the early 1960s for when it was built. Sauchie became a junior team at that point. They were a juvenile club before that and I don't think Fairfield Park would ever have been acceptable for the east region juniors as it isn't enclosed. Different story if they had been in the Fife league as its standards were much more lax.

Boness united played sauchie 1969-1970 or1970-1971 not sure ,boness won 4-1pitch was like a public pitch dressing rooms were behind the goals,near a scheme best I can remember.

Don't doubt what you are saying, so that would probably place when Beechwood started to be used in the early 70s rather than the early 60s.  Guess the only way to find out for sure if the guy who brought this topic up is still interested in finding out more would be going through old copies of the Alloa Advertiser in a library somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/09/2018 at 12:22, LongTimeLurker said:

Don't doubt what you are saying, so that would probably place when Beechwood started to be used in the early 70s rather than the early 60s.  Guess the only way to find out for sure if the guy who brought this topic up is still interested in finding out more would be going through old copies of the Alloa Advertiser in a library somewhere.

Thanks for the responses folks!  I was after the info for the history article in the St Andrews United v Sauchie programme last week but I'll look again before we next meet - hopefully in the Premier League next season! 

• 2 weeks later...

According to an interview in today's EEN upcoming works at Tranent include disabled toilets, disabled viewing area, and floodlights.

Dunbar + Preston are currently the only East Lothian sides with illumination:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/kayne-paterson-wants-tranent-to-keep-producing-cup-shocks-1-4813768

“I’m not sure if it’s just because when we play the bigger sort of teams we can get ourselves up for it better and when we played the so-called lesser teams, we sort of maybe go through the motions some weeks, but I think this year that has changed. We are going out every week now and we’re just concentrating on what is in front of us. We’ve been going out and thrashing most teams, doing really well and been scoring goals.

“The whole club is just buzzing at the moment. Everything [at the ground] looks brilliant, the committee have done a great job at the boys are just thriving off it. We’re playing some good stuff, and bar the Bonnyrigg game – where they destroyed us – since then everyone has been brilliant and we’ve just all been playing for each other and been flying.

To when I signed two seasons ago to now, it’s like a completely different. The work they have done is just amazing, the place looks unbelievable. They are now putting in disabled toilets and disabled viewing and floodlights are getting installed too, it’s just a great place to be. The committee are up working there most nights after their own work. It’s all towards getting our licence and getting into the Scottish Cup, which is the big aim for the club.”

Edited by HibeeJibee

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

According to an interview in today's EEN upcoming works at Tranent include disabled toilets, disabled viewing area, and floodlights.

Dunbar + Preston are currently the only East Lothian sides with illumination:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/kayne-paterson-wants-tranent-to-keep-producing-cup-shocks-1-4813768

Could be a cracking cup tie tomorrow against a Linlithgow Rose side that have found their attacking mojo, scoring 24 in the past three games.