EOS Grounds for Optimism

1 hour ago, sponsorsladdie said:

With the disabled facilities completed at the Rose the other week they should have no issue meeting entry level license requirements.

The Rose already have one...

25 minutes ago, guinness said:
2 hours ago, Ginaro said:
Was at Burntisland's Recreation Park ground recently, didn't realise how much of a slope there was on the pitch!
Also saw that NLS has new pictures of Ormiston's ground: http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/ormiston.htm

Is there any shelter or terracing?

Going by the pictures no - but they've said they want to get a licence so I assume it's on their to do list.

30 minutes ago, guinness said:
2 hours ago, Ginaro said:
Was at Burntisland's Recreation Park ground recently, didn't realise how much of a slope there was on the pitch!
Also saw that NLS has new pictures of Ormiston's ground: http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/ormiston.htm

Is there any shelter or terracing?

Just now, Ginaro said:

Going by the pictures no - but they've said they want to get a licence so I assume it's on their to do list.

There is a small covered standing area.

Following on from news of Tweedmouth Rangers not in actual fact moving to Shielfield Park it's more bad news as work at Bo'ness is delayed for 1 year due to a disused mineshaft under their pitch. Work will now begin at the end of the coming season meaning they'll play 2018-19 without the expected 3G pitch and floodlights.

https://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/sport/football/bo-ness-united-s-3g-pitch-plan-is-ruined-by-mine-shaft-discovery-1-4764580

Bo'ness United's 3G pitch plan is ruined by mine shaft discovery

Bo’ness United’s long-laid plan to play on a new 3G surface at Newtown Park next season is over, after the discovery of an underground mine entry/shaft at the ground. At the club AGM on Wednesday night, it was announced that the project – involving digging up the existing grass pitch before laying the artificial one – has been shelved and won’t now start until May 2019.

BUs coach Keith Hogg told the Bo’ness Journal: “This is a setback in relation to how we want to progress as a community club. “I feel sorry for all the people involved in the hard work which has taken place between the club and the community to get to this stage, which has been phenomenal.

“They have worked tirelessly to get the funding in place. “Finding a mine shaft in a village like Bo’ness was always a possibility. “It would have been fantastic to play on this new pitch as we enter the East of Scotland League at the start of next season, but we will progress as we are. “The players started training on the grass pitch last Thursday and are happy enough to keep playing on it.

“Hopefully, we can get the pitch up to the standard it has been in years gone by. “We are really looking forward to the start of the new season. It will be a new challenge in a new league.” As reported previously in this newspaper, the mine entry/shaft – closed pre-1920 – was found during a visit by inspectors earlier this summer. The timing of the discovery could hardly have been worse for the BUs, as they prepare for life as a newly-registered Conference B side after quitting the junior ranks at the end of last season.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Does this make it impossible for them to be licensed next season?

Not necessarily - you don't need floodlights. However, there may be other ground improvements required that may not be feasible until the new pitch is in. Maybe someone in the know can tell us if there's anything else needed at the ground.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Does this make it impossible for them to be licensed next season?

No chance of us being licensed until hub built.  It was a great venue back in the day but it's a dump now.

On 7/5/2018 at 18:51, Cyclizine said:

Not necessarily - you don't need floodlights. However, there may be other ground improvements required that may not be feasible until the new pitch is in. Maybe someone in the know can tell us if there's anything else needed at the ground.

No issues with cover for 100 and the ground being fully enclosed with no way to see in from outside, so it all depends on dressing rooms and toilet blocks. Did Tynieness not claim to have a licensing application prepared and ready to go before he resigned?

• 2 weeks later...

Tweedmouth saying they'll need to do work to comply with EoS ground criteria this season - does anyone know the exact requirements? Thinking about what other East Juniors and perhaps amateurs would need to do.

Suppose Inverkeithing's ground can give us an idea of the requirements - railing around the pitch:

12 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Tweedmouth saying they'll need to do work to comply with EoS ground criteria this season - does anyone know the exact requirements? Thinking about what other East Juniors and perhaps amateurs would need to do.

Suppose Inverkeithing's ground can give us an idea of the requirements - railing around the pitch:

Good initiative from Tweedmouth.  Their problem I believe is that they have no facilties at their ground and players need to change in the main stand at Shielfield, and that is also where toilets etc are to be found.  They'll need to put in changing facilties and I guess toilets as well.  It was probably the reason they wanted to share with Berwick Rangers but this fell through.