EOS Grounds for Optimism

Forgot about this thread.

Actually a remarkable amount of work happening among existing EOSL clubs.

As noted Heriot-Watt University recently completed installation of 3 double-sided grandstands plus enclosing the ground. LTHV has built a small covered terrace; also installed catering and toilet blocks. Ormiston should finally move into their new park in the new season. I passed Peebles recently and considerable work has been done there as they go about railing and enclosing the park. Leith will be spending another season at Peffermill 3G while the rebuild of Meadowbank Stadium and its associated sport complex gets underway. After development of a pavilion for Old Shielfield collapsed SPFL2 sub-forum posts suggest Tweedmouth Rangers may be moving onto Shielfield Park.

After a bumpy (and soggy) 3 years Tynecastle are relocating to Meggetland Rugby Stadium:

screen-shot-2014-03-28-at-12-13-30.png

Copy+%25282%2529+of+scan0002+Stitch.jpg

meggetland.jpg

Dunipace's upcoming work is discussed on another thread as they put down 3G and floodlights over the closed season. Similar works planned at Bo'ness United albeit I see the start has been delayed for a fortnight by the Coal Board after an old mineshaft under the pitch was discovered by inspectors :unsure: (Skippy bush kangaroo?). Fencing resurfacing and other work is apparently starting at Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts.

No doubt a good few of the new clubs will be planning work large or small to move towards their licences. However, for the moment, what other works are in the pipelines at clubs old and new?

Edited by HibeeJibee

29 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I can confirm that Dalkeith Thistle have began to grow a big hedge to replace the trees which were chopped down as a result of their mediocrity.

Finishing 3rd bottom was disappointing but taking it out on the trees is pretty harsh, tbh.

18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Forgot about this thread.

Actually a remarkable amount of work happening among existing EOSL clubs.

As noted Heriot-Watt University recently completed installation of 3 double-sided grandstands plus enclosing the ground. LTHV has built a small covered terrace; also installed catering and toilet blocks. Ormiston should finally move into their new park in the new season. I passed Peebles recently and considerable work has been done there as they go about railing and enclosing the park. Leith will be spending another season at Peffermill 3G while the rebuild of Meadowbank Stadium and its associated sport complex gets underway. After development of a pavilion for Old Shielfield collapsed SPFL2 sub-forum posts suggest Tweedmouth Rangers may be moving onto Shielfield Park.

After a bumpy (and soggy) 3 years Tynecastle are relocating to Meggetland Rugby Stadium:

screen-shot-2014-03-28-at-12-13-30.png

Copy+%25282%2529+of+scan0002+Stitch.jpg

meggetland.jpg

Dunipace's upcoming work is discussed on another thread as they put down 3G and floodlights over the closed season. Similar works planned at Bo'ness United albeit I see the start has been delayed for a fortnight by the Coal Board after an old mineshaft under the pitch was discovered by inspectors :unsure: (Skippy bush kangaroo?). Fencing resurfacing and other work is apparently starting at Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts.

No doubt a good few of the new clubs will be planning work large or small to move towards their licences. However, for the moment, what other works are in the pipelines at clubs old and new?

I'm going to have to take in a Tynecastle game at Meggetland looks a cracking ground, Edinburgh City missed a trick not trying to get in there.

On 12/5/2017 at 21:03, Burnie_man said:

Sugar daddy digging deep. Seems a bit overkill at the moment but if somebody wants to shell that amount of cash in then why not.

You should get your sugar mummy to build you a seated stand Greame lol

• 2 weeks later...

Heriot-Watt Uni has finished enclosing their John Brydson Arena ahead of the new season with the help of an EOS League ground development grant.

With the new pitch and floodlights, seated stands and access, they have transformed Riccarton into a proper little stadium:

Went past Coldstream recently and they were busy installing hardstanding and an awning along the front of the pavilion to provide additional cover and disabled spaces.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Re Heriot Watt, I'm guessing that in order to get a Licence they'd need to build changing facilities next to the pitch and that the current arrangements (inside the main building) don't meet requirements?   Never been, so not exactly sure of the layout.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 19:14, 8MileBU said:

Hopefully progress will be made soon. I’ve heard it’s just a miner concern....

This mineshaft filled or what? Thread becoming a bit of a bore.

Extensive works at Saughton Enclosure:

sep1-1024x576.jpg