RandomAttempt at surviving a season

RandomGuy.

Fourth (?) career thread. Never managed Saints for a full season yet, is this the one, the fabled Saints career thread that is a actually a Saints career?

Probably not tbh, but hopefully I can find a Ron Drewett and leave him rotting in the reserves for his entire dreadful fucking life

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First Team Squad

Heres the honest bunch of lads who'll spend my three months in charge crying about lack of game time and stabbing me in the back

Goalkeepers

Untitled.png.6ad697db2ff8edcf9bcd92f2944dabc6.png

Decent options. Mannus is better at the moment, but I'll probably have Clark as my first choice to start with. Will be looking to get another option over the first season for Mannus' inevitable retirement.

Defenders

Untitled.png.3ea177dcb713ce7df79988c007cf7919.png

No depth, at all. First choices are all solid, but most are ageing. Shaughnessy will hopefully be a linchpin in there, if I can keep hold of him. Not sure what to do with the rest, tbh, already written Page and Gordon off, and I'm not convinced by Gilchrist either. Will hunt for players who can step in after the first season.

Midfielders

Untitled.png.5c2fcec132c8d835c99605bde97d1e1b.png

Much better. Probably plumping for a five man midfield, so the only problem will be the left wing. Craig capable of playing as a deep left winger, O'Halloran as a more advanced. Not ideal though. Tommy Wrights a fucking idiot leaving me without one. Already written McClean and Thomson off as no hopers, suppose I shouldn't be that biased though. The high amount of "Leaders" is surely a good sign, just a shame we dont have a "quivering shitebag" option for Alston.

Strikers

Untitled.png.99cf11ad9933d45a44bcc39a71e1f8ae.png

As a couple of wise men once said, "Oh dear oh dear". A truly disgusting bunch, apart from Steven MacLean, who stands out like a beautiful fountain amongst the sludge. 

Notable players out on loan

Untitled.png.c483b81ad4eb7d0a49eca29b7aaa2b73.png

The only two players loaned out who like they'll be even close to useful, both to Queen of the South. Both due to return in January, and wouldn't be shocked if I end giving both a chance in the second half of the season, depending on how things are going.

Untitled.png.6cca40efb17f490a71c9251d0ea53df4.png

The targets I'll fail to reach. Not sure why the Betfred Cup hasn't shown, but I'm expected to reach the Quarter Finals in that too.

Heres my Europa League Qualifying draw..

Untitled.png.b232bb64f211a36ba2d1a175f076c4a8.png

Bala Town of Wales first, uber-diddies I should be brushing aside with ease. 

Heres the second round draw since its done at the same time, and I'm so confident of progression.

Untitled.png.b91700bad7ed4b7d87d4a29ca59d83b7.png

Trakai? TRAKAI!? IS this some form of joke SI?

There we go, the three options to pump me out are Welsh farmers, Icelandic farmers or Lithuanian c***s

Europa League Qualifiers

Untitled.thumb.png.01207f854086a8841fcb3312088e53dd.png

Bala Town were brushed aside without much of a fuss, tbh. KR were tougher. Murray Davidson and Scougall were injured for the first leg, so I was forced to try something different. It didnt work. Went more normal in the second leg. Was a close game, and was 2-2, until Craig spunked one into the top corner from 30 yards. A glut of late goals makes it look infinitely more impressive than it actually was. 

Next up?

5573.gif

So yeah, thats my Europa League campaign over.

Untitled.thumb.png.cb29efaa22ebf91c55c663af38bcb406.png

August

Untitled.thumb.png.075ec42e59fedc7785b8fc33273ed591.png

Excellent start. My shitehawk strikers are causing me a severe fucking headache. Against Motherwell and Partick we had a combined 30 (THIRTY) shots from within 16 yards, and only four were on target, and not one ended up in a goal. Absolutely vile stuff.  Genuinely utterly seething at how bad they are, Cummins alone has missed three chances from within six yards, while MacLean, with his 16 Finishing, hasn't hit the target with six shots from inside the box.

We've given away three penalties in the league aswell, as my defenders take turns to randomly lunge in on someone for no reason, I dont even have any hard tackling as an instruction. 

Celtic game was hilarious. We scored an own goal two minutes in, gave away a penalty ten minutes later, then finally got a grip of things and Ricky Foster randomly lunged in two footed to get himself sent off.

Untitled.png.27fe40faec06cad5ded0fd6d12aaf77f.png

Urgh. Suspect I'll struggle to make it to November at this rate.

Need a striker before the window shuts.

Summer Transfers

Deadline day was when it all happened. Graham Cummins was driven to Dundee by a group of Saints fans after a £130k offer was accepted for him, personally I'd rather have fired him into the Sun, but I needed the money.

£100k was spunked on a lad called Danny Rose from Mansfield. Full on panic signing stuff, but he might turn out to be decent, while I know my current batch are shite.

Untitled.thumb.png.be4247fd06e061520179ddc6d9d906c4.png

Doesn't look overwhelmingly great, but he'd already bagged six in four for Mansfield, and I like strikers in form.

Signed this guy on a free, aswell..

Untitled.thumb.png.5a1b0c835a6b5d186df7957ff87fc960.png

Julien Toudic, another centre forward. Has a 1 in 3 average in the French second tier, cant imagine he'll be a worse third choice option than Denny Johnstone, who still sucks a wage from the club. Fingers crossed he breaks a leg or something so I can cancel his loan.

Untitled.thumb.png.cc4d054a950973016b3a41cdc6bc5984.png

He didnt even hit the target from this. This is what I'm up against. Absolutely awful stuff. Thats him with "Exceptional" morale because he'd already scored (he beat three men then slotted it in)

77725b0b5eaa4012af41403f9d9ac177.jpg

Here's a screenshot from my latest interview, I've disclosed tactical details of how I'm going to turn this slump around.

[emoji38]
Oh Random. How on earth has Cummins value plummeted so much in your game? I got something north of £600k for him and he was worth about double that!
Your FM threads are amazing.

He was worth £1.1m when I sold him, would've happily sold him for a fiver though, the useless p***k.

I have to say, you don't seem to be very good at this game.

Far too early to judge me, as Ian Cathro once said "a season is played over 38 games, not two months".

Just wait until you see Septembers results, I suspect you'll get a surprise.

27 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

You're right. I am surprised. September is over and you seem to still be in a job.

Think this is my longest attempt so far

11 minutes ago, Finch road said:

A Paul Paton double. Check computer for virus

One was an absolute screamer from thirty yards. Some boi

October

Untitled.thumb.png.87705c17db52c6faf21fc14a2ab23144.png

DANNY! DANNY ROSE! DANNY! DANNY ROSE!

What a fucking man. 4-4-2 comes up top trumps. Steven Anderson got injured early on v Hearts so I'm now reliant on my huddy back ups to keep the goals out.  Makes good reading, until I reveal that I was 1-0 up against nine man Partick and still failed to win. 

Danny Rose though.

Untitled.png.73a9dc7bc0f9beec39f24e492e1b0ba9.png

Much nicer reading. that. Powering our way up the table towards our natural place. This Danny Rose Juggernaut is unstoppable, unbeatable, unconquerable!

Celtic up next..

November

Untitled.thumb.png.083b5c72727556bf85c60554740006d8.png

Glorious, this 4-4-2 with  Rose and O'Halloran up top is absolutely perfect. I'm merely enjoying it whilst I can, as O'Halloran returns to Rangers in January and they won't accept anything less than £1.5m for him (probably should've taken more for Cummins, in hindsight). Might start giving Toudic minutes beside Rose in the next month to see how viable that is, else I'll be giving Chris Kane a run in January, as hes got six goals for QOS in the Championship so far. 

Untitled.png.194b86ae1dc3fc5d0fe654f056fb2090.png

Europe is back on, somehow. Celtic are fucking obscene though, absolutely mental team, poor Killie got pumped 7-2 at some point this month.

Neil McCann is the first casualty of the season, no replacement yet, so Jimmy Boyle is their manager. Literally just noticed Graham Cummins has four goals in seven goals for them. Fucking c**t.

December

Untitled.thumb.png.11ec8a8848ea97b7103284d2e030898c.png

Back to reality. Odd month, really. We had more chances than Hamilton, who scored three from outside the box, we also had more chances than Aberdeen, but Steven Anderson twice set up Ryan Christie. We were 2-1 down against Rangers and building momentum with twenty minutes left, then Liam Craig got himself sent off, Rangers switched to the game breaking narrow 4-3-3 and pumped us. Hearts had Rory Currie score on the turn from twenty yards, and then Jim O'Brien scored a thirty yard free kick for County. 

Feel sort of hard done by tbh. O'Halloran was awful, just awful, he won Player of the Month in November and seems to have chucked it since he knows hes away, shitebag. Chris Kane has ten goals for QOS and is returning, and I'll try and get another, MacLean is shite.

Untitled.png.c87385b3312e38d6d212fd1b9a89a38b.png

Only a run of games from the top six, that GD is a fucking killer though.

Unsurprisingly the board have gotten all pissy, so I've to get seven points from my next five games or I'll be punted.

Untitled.png.3132105bf10b7f4a23f7cee59f86955f.png

Dundee replaced McCann with Mark McGhee

Archived