Things that infuriate football fans, but not you.

J_Stewart

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
an exciting illustration of "them" and "us":
rooney scores for everton against man city:
096955d92559c5219b5105b5cbcacc19
seven x two-finger salutes and one w****r sign - one happy. smiling face, a sad hipster and a munch scream...

There was a great picture in the paper to go along with this that showed this picture of Rooney scoring for Everton against City alongside one from a good few years earlier when he scored against them for Man U. The people in both pics doing the same seethe reaction but looking a lot younger [emoji23]

On 28/11/2017 at 16:19, smpar said:

Stealing yards at a throw-in always gets the mouth-breathers incandescent with rage and so should be actively encouraged because of the reactions it gets. 

I'll own up to frothing at the mouth on occasion with this tbh - typically defensive throw ins right by the corner flag where a fly player will manage to take the throw about 15-20 feet further upfield than where the ball went out by shimmying forward then taking a huge run-up to taking the throw.

Rationally it should't bother me because Thistle do the exact same thing but nope.

On 28/11/2017 at 16:19, smpar said:

Stealing yards at a throw-in always gets the mouth-breathers incandescent with rage and so should be actively encouraged because of the reactions it gets. 

^^^ this. Also the same with indirect free kicks. If a guy can kick the ball 50m he can probably kick it 55m anyway.

There seems to be a new breed of fans who think they should be refunded when their side lose away from home.  For example the two bel

If you support a football team, you know there is a chance of them getting beat. If clubs did start refunding fans because of a heavy loss, what happens when you win 4-0. Do you have to pay more? 

The offside rule, correctly applied.

The majority of the Cowshed howl and yell every time the linesman puts the flag up against us, without realising the call is usually the right one. The fact that the referee is having a stinker means that his assistant must clearly be in on the conspiracy.....

On 29/11/2017 at 12:56, DA Baracus said:

When footballers are seen to be smiling or even laughing and joking when walking off the pitch after a defeat. Folk seem to go mental over this, as it somehow shows that the players don't care. On a similar note, when players are seen out in town having a good time after a defeat. Some fans go fucking nuts over that, again thinking it somehow shows that the players don't care. 

Players doing either are absolutely fine with me.

Funny I should read this. I’ve just seen a few of our players posting on Instagram after today’s defeat at Cappielow. The “lads” are away on a trip to Belfast and appear to be having a good time. Kinda annoyed me a bit... :o 

Something that has crept in recently that infuriates me is the distinct lack of good crossing, either from open play or set plays, absolutely does my head in.

Another is the inability of modern players to take a legal throw-in, and the fact that the ref will very rarely give a foul throw.

Not sure if these gripes annoy anyone else.

Ask and you shall receive.

FB_IMG_1511976495460.jpg.0a4b6804b4e01b5fbf86706a639ddd42.jpg

Check the fucking nick of this [emoji23][emoji23]

It's like one of them mock nativity plays that you see at bus stops on social media where Maw , paw and the weans are out in force looking like jakeys .

Archived