Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

On 2/4/2018 at 17:47, Ludo*1 said:

=28. Aiden McGeady - 32 points.

Aiden-McGeady-Ireland-847901.jpg

It's because he picked RoI over Scotland, isn't it?

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

=28. Aiden McGeady - 32 points.

64%20SPORT%20GettyImages_634740028.jpg

It's purely because he chose Ireland over Scotland based on the PM's I got.  It's pretty much that.

Happy returns folks.

Is everyone that scunnered with Ludo they haven't realised this is the second time he's posted the same player?

Guess you're bound to forget after a month.

Is everyone that scunnered with Ludo they haven't realised this is the second time he's posted the same player?
Guess you're bound to forget after a month.

I chose a better picture tbf.

As good as he was I could never warm to him. For all his pace and sublime skill he just didn't have that vision to pick a defence splitting pass. Strachan saw this two and made him more of an out and out winger and got him to tank up a bit and use his pace rather than try a bit of skill when it wasnt required. In the end he was a far more affective player for it.
I can remember an ex team mate (think it was Hartson) saying he could start a fight in an empty room.

18 hours ago, gannonball said:

As good as he was I could never warm to him. For all his pace and sublime skill he just didn't have that vision to pick a defence splitting pass. Strachan saw this two and made him more of an out and out winger and got him to tank up a bit and use his pace rather than try a bit of skill when it wasnt required. In the end he was a far more affective player for it.
I can remember an ex team mate (think it was Hartson) saying he could start a fight in an empty room.

As a Falkirk fan watching Mcgeady play for Celtic against us he was always the danger man in Celtic's team. When he ran with the ball he put the fear of god into me and I thought he was a much more effective player than Nakamura. His career has faded out but he was a genuinely exciting player on his day.  Maybe being touted as a big star from the age of 12 ruined his ego but he is one of the better players I've seen in Scottish football. 

He was an extremely talented guy but knew it and, as many have mentioned his ego and attitude were the main downfall in his career which slowly fizzled out after his big money move to Russia.

The millions we banked for him enabled us to buy Hooper, Izaguire, Ki and Ledley so definetely a case of the right move at the right time for the right price from Celtic's point of view.

Hit his peak IMO during the second half of 07/08 season when we came back from miles behind to snatch the league title on an emotional Thursday night at Tannadice just after Tommy Burns passed away, he was unplayable during those few months and I will always hold him in high regard based on that alone if nothing else.

He did have a tendency to sulk and hide when things weren't going his way but on a whole more good than bad, he was, strangely and ammusingly booed relentlessly at the pre season friendly down at Sunderland last summer for some reason, Ralston nutmegging him brought the loudest cheer of the day.

• 2 weeks later...