Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Playing for Rangers when they overspent isn't reason enough. If that's truly what got him in the list then people are simply bitter wanks.

It's an absolutely appalling shout.

I want to see what comments were made to justify him.

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's an absolutely appalling shout.

I want to see what comments were made to justify him.

It is an intriguing one.

Playing for Rangers is of course, in and of itself, a pretty decent reason to hate a player, but by that logic, hundreds of others, most of whom are far more detestable than Trevor Steven, have represented them over the last three decades. 

He does not spring to mind as the best example of the genre, even for those of us old enough to remember him.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

It is an intriguing one.
Playing for Rangers is of course, in and of itself, a pretty decent reason to hate a player, but by that logic, hundreds of others, most of whom are far more detestable than Trevor Steven, have represented them over the last three decades. 
He does not spring to mind as the best example of the genre, even for those of us old enough to remember him.

Being called “Trevor” must be worth something but given that he was in the same team as a Nigel and a Terry that still shouldn’t be enough

Trevor Steven a strange one.

Good footballer and decent guy by all accounts, plenty much more detestable scumbags played for the **** in that era, none moreso than Bomber Broon and Ian Ferguson who will obviously figure high up, also Goram, Hateley, Durrant, Hurlock, Cooper* and Souness himself for example should surely and, hopefully score much higher than the fairly inoffensive TS.

*Before I get accused of speaking ill of the dead just google Davie Cooper & Tony Fitzpatrick for an explanation of why, the admittedly talented Mr Cooper was actually a cretin of the lowest order.

Edited by Flybhoy

43.  Gary Caldwell. - 18 points.

Gary%20Caldwell.jpg

Shite manager, not the greatest of CH's, but for his ability, he didn't half make a decent career for himself.  He's always struck me as a bit of an arse in the media. For example, this year alone he had a pop at Tony Mowbray being unable to handle the pressure at Celtic whilst he was getting sacked by Chesterfield. He had a pop at Hibs in a game that Hibs kept a clean sheet against Celtic for being too 'negative'.

By and large though - As a Dundee fan, I generally missed his career in Scotland. He was average for the national team and always seemed slightly arrogant, but a worthy contender for the list? I don't know. There are plenty coming up though that I know are thundercunts - be rest assured of that.

Best moment? Can there be any other?

Good Stirling lad Gary Caldwell, one time when he was injured and on crutches we came back after a game at Ibrox and he was in our pub and bought a drink for the boys on our bus, good guy IMO, but then again id say that about anyone who bought me a drink 8)

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Gary Caldwell?! Utterly inoffensive player

Snapped David Fernandez's cruciate against Killie with a very deliberate "hard man" challenge.

I'm not saying he meant to do his ACL, but he certainly went out to nail Fernandez, who had mugged him off a couple of times already.

A p***k of the highest order and I'm disappointed he's not higher up this list.

Gary Caldwell?! Utterly inoffensive player

I'd be surprised if the majority of his votes didn't come from Hibbies tbh. Absolute shitebag of a player, and never took responsibility for anything. If he was remotely as good as he thought he was he'd have been at Real Madrid. Comfortably in the top 3 most hated Hibs players of all time with me.