Ludo*1

Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

I know my list is already in but just remembered and had to mention Hugh Burns, horrible torn faced wee *** b*****d from the 1980's who ended up floating around the lower leagues and I also recall seeing  him play v Stirling Albion on occasion. 
Think of a less talented John bomber Broon if thats possible but equally as vile and ...ahem 'staunch'. The type of cretin who would disown his own daughter for dating anyone with a suspiciously timmy sounding name. And he was a dirty b*****d on the pitch too, his sole talent was booting opposing wingers onto the track. c**t !

The only bit of time I've ever had to give Alex Macdonald is that he apparently punched Hugh Burns for refusing to share a bath with John Colquhoun at Hearts.

On 07/12/2017 at 10:28, RawB93 said:

a3c2d2aea95a05d96d67e5179c4c668b.jpg

I was in with the Bolton fans at Anfield a few years back. What a great mob. 

It was the time of the resurrection of the Sedaka/Christie song "Is this the way to Amarillo?",  inspired by their own son Peter Kay.  Here's the chorus:

na na na na na na na nuh

na na na na na na na nuh

na na na na na na na nuh

EL HADJI DIOUF WILL SPIT ON YOU

Peter Silky Hetherston? Wat??

Fucking disgusting Airdrie knob. Would love to smash his pus off a brick

Thanks for all the votes. I will get tallying the numbers and have the first results up by the end of the week. Hopefully I can get a couple up before then, we'll see!

There are slightly more than 50 names to present as there are a few ties, particularly lower down the list, so bear with me this will take some time, but to get us started:

=48. Mixu Paatelainen - 16 points.

image.png.d9f0fafd75883870905d6211ece2ab1f.png

Fairly inoffensive as a player, bit of a maverick as a manager. Will go down in history as the man who coined the phrase, 'What's the fucking point?'

It was sad to see the man have a bit of a breakdown whilst at Dundee United, but he was never a particular figure of 'hate' whilst at Tannadice as a player or manager. Indeed, his stint as manager at United seems to have killed him off as a manager as he's not had a job since.

His greatest moment:

Edited by Ludo*1

=48. Derek Lyle - 16 points.

1290323.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=280&h

Perma-tanned Derek Lyle. Here's just a few examples of why he's made this list: Link.    And another.

His time at my own club is fondly remembered as he signed a PCA with our fellow title challengers Hamilton, then 'fell through a table' so he was injured for weeks after (There was a few rumours of unsavory nature as to how this incident occurred at the time) before finally realising he wasn't getting on as a sub in the final day game against Hamilton (Which was just a Hamilton celebration), which led to him telling the Dundee bench to f**k off, running over to the Hamilton support, giving them a clap before fucking off down the tunnel. Classic tangoman.

I can only talk from my own experiences of Lyle, but I'm sure there's many that have other experiences as it wasn't just Dundee fans that voted for this one!

There's another 3 to come in this spot, but I'll leave it at that for the timebeing!

Other than being a junkie f**k, I never really understood the hate for Lyle. Mixu is a guy I genuinely liked. Buckled under pressure as a manager, but all that means is that he's human and wasn't cut out for it.

This list better improve.

Other than being a junkie f**k, I never really understood the hate for Lyle. Mixu is a guy I genuinely liked. Buckled under pressure as a manager, but all that means is that he's human and wasn't cut out for it.

Nobody gives a single f**k

14 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

“This list, of which I had an equal vote in, had better start accurately reflecting my, and only my, perception or I’ll log off in a huff” 

aye ok DomDom

Aw, crap.

Did I miss out on nominating Gary Caldwell for wrecking Fernandez's  knee?

What about Henrik Larsson for deliberately trying to break Gus MacPherson's leg?

Did anyone vote for Hately for being a cheating c**t?

Or Gazza for......far too many reasons to list here? 

=48. Jamie Hamill - 16 points.

6912092.jpg

Does a face scream 'Wannabe hard man?' more than Jamie Hamill's? I've personally never had a problem with Hamill, but the collective of P&B obviously have done. He's never performed against Dundee often enough for him to be noticed really. I was actually shocked to find out that he's still plugging away with Stranraer these days. He's only 31 FFS.

Hamill's best moment? Unquestionably:

=48. Peter Grant - 16 points.

14883-zoom.jpg

I can't remember too much about Peter Grant Snr. He was just leaving Celtic as I was just getting into football. As a coach - his high points are probably appointing Jim Duffy as assistant at Norwich, and getting sacked. And getting sacked whilst first team coach to Mowbray's Celtic. Can't say much more, so will leave it to the guys that voted for him to comment on why he's so despicable.

I've no greatest moment of Peter Grant, so here's a picture of him with a sledgehammer.

GW507H567

Thank you.

(1 more to come in this spot, will be posted tomorrow).

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

=48. Derek Lyle - 16 points.

1290323.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=280&h

Perma-tanned Derek Lyle. Here's just a few examples of why he's made this list: Link.    And another.

His time at my own club is fondly remembered as he signed a PCA with our fellow title challengers Hamilton, then 'fell through a table' so he was injured for weeks after (There was a few rumours of unsavory nature as to how this incident occurred at the time) before finally realising he wasn't getting on as a sub in the final day game against Hamilton (Which was just a Hamilton celebration), which led to him telling the Dundee bench to f**k off, running over to the Hamilton support, giving them a clap before fucking off down the tunnel. Classic tangoman.

I can only talk from my own experiences of Lyle, but I'm sure there's many that have other experiences as it wasn't just Dundee fans that voted for this one!

I can remember when Morton had Ian Clinging. Now it looks like they also had A Klingon

klingon.jpg.61aaf7a0d7912cfcfad326767a951e2c.jpg

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

I can remember when Morton had Ian Clinging. Now it looks like they also had A Klingon

klingon.jpg.61aaf7a0d7912cfcfad326767a951e2c.jpg

Lyle always reminded me of this guy:

MV5BMTcwNTQwNDM5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkz

8 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Where did I say I'd log off? Or is that you doing your usual overreacting to every little thing?

You're always arguing with someone, learn to get along with people better.