Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Did a wee bit of research and could only find one Airdrie player from the 90s( I know you are referring to McDonald's Beastie Boys and I understand your views) who went on to play for a season at Cappielow was Peter Duffield. I presume he was ok? Thinking of Morton "horrors" I can only pin point Tommy Turner for the list.

None of them were ok. The worst team of cheating, depraved cloggers you will never see again. To be fair the were good at what they done

Just now, Finch road said:

None of them were ok. The worst team of cheating, depraved cloggers you will never see again. To be fair the were good at what they done

I was just taking you at your initial word that it was any player from the 1990s who played with Airdrie. Duffield was not part of that "cloggers" side. I do agree that the Mcdonald side were good at that aspect of the game and I only wish we could have some of that now. Many Dumfermline fans would also have had high regard for Andy Smith from that team for his part in their 90s success. I also don't think Alan Lawrence was ever a "clogger" but that is what debate is all about.

I don't mind Imrie so much but I find it a bit weird that him pretty much killing someone on the field of play is overlooked, especially gives it was an Accies player.
edit: I get folk will say "it was an accident" but it's pretty hard to tackle someone's studs with your windpipe I'd imagine

Imrie was an arrogant d**k of the highest order when he played in Juniors.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I was just taking you at your initial word that it was any player from the 1990s who played with Airdrie. Duffield was not part of that "cloggers" side. I do agree that the Mcdonald side were good at that aspect of the game and I only wish we could have some of that now. Many Dumfermline fans would also have had high regard for Andy Smith from that team for his part in their 90s success. I also don't think Alan Lawrence was ever a "clogger" but that is what debate is all about.

Who knew, a sensible Airdrie fan!

I've a vague recollection of Walter Kidd who didn't seem to have a heart.

As far as I can recall, his speciality was putting left wingers "up in the air".

Putting wingers up in the air seems to me to be an art of times past.

Doug Rougvie pines for more violent times.

Doug Rougvie drew blood during a testimonial and that base mentalism probably goes some way to explaining why he failed to manage at Strathbogie.

1 hour ago, ancientnoise said:

Like most folk I can't be arsed with a thread that needs a PM top ten (or fifty, I can give you 50 right off the bat), when a well thought out vote could be so much simpler.  This is going to end up with some statfest of "most hated that PM'd me" with a meaningless table.

Still, surprised by the lack of votes for this man:

joeysmug.jpeg.8b02de75254240f01d437087cb10729b.jpeg

He ripped the p*sh out of Sevco and got money for doing it - as much as a tosspot as he is, that puts his reputation up in my books