Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

I like this game... but seriously - Lustig??  in the “Most hated”??  Really?  An utter irrelevance in the grand scheme of the years of tossers we have loathed... ‘f’rinstance; 
1. Dave Bowman. Happy to stick in despicable off the ball/studs up tackles against “diddy” teams, but nowhere to be seen when against the big boys. A cheat and a coward, in true playground bully fashion. 
2. John Potter. Dreadful “hard man” swagger , per above. Why tackle fairly when you can hurt someone illegally & get away with it. 
3. Noel Hunt.  Cockney rhyming slang, obviously. 
4. Nick Cusack. Part of the infamous Motherwell “gang of three”,  but really led the way in GBH without remorse or censure.  These days,  makes Andy Carroll look like a legit option.
5. Barry Ferguson.  The national side really, really reached a nadir when this disgrace of a supposed figurehead was made captain.  His shockingly limited MO of safe, square ball passing was bad enough, but the puffed up, deluded sense of self importance was entirely counter- productive to the cause & meant we were practically a man short before we started a game.  Ineffective wee nyaff. 

Barry Ferguson was a great player for Scotland IMO. We were much worse without him and post Vogts, I'd say he was pretty much the most effective player we had at international level. Slowing a game down and knowing when to foul sounds simple but is a huge issue Scotland have had at international level.

On 28/11/2017 at 23:45, RussellAnderson said:

10. Kyle Lafferty

Diving *** dick who got under my skin massively in his Rangers days. Time heals wounds, however, and I enjoyed him mugging off Hibs (and  Neil Lennon) this summer, so low down on the list. 

9. Stephen Hughes

One of the most infuriating players to have played for the Dons in recent years. I hated the guy. Probably not a dickhead, but gets on the list because I'm petty. 

8. Fernando Ricksen

The earliest player I can remember hating. I feel for the guy because that illness looks like hell. He gets on the list because he would want to be here. He loved being a dick on the pitch, and it's appropriate that he's still honoured thus. 

7. Mikael Lustig

This guy epitomises the smugness of the post-Armageddon Celtic. Shite hair, shite tattoos, shite Atomic Kitten song, arrogant w****r player adored by the perennial winners. His smug aura mocks me, and I'd like for his injuries to return asap, if only to get his ugly grinning mug off my tv. 

6, 5. Gary McDonald, Mark Kerr

AKA the Gruesome Twosome AKA the Ghost and the Zombie AKA the worst midfield duo I've seen play together for Aberdeen. "Kerrso" is the worst Dons captain we've had. And we had Ricky Foster as captain. Mark Kerr managed to get himself battered in town, and missed the last few games of the season. Gary McDonald was nowhere to be seen, as fucking usual. (In all honesty he's unlucky to be so high, but the two are inseparable in my mind. 

4. Scott Brown 

Not much more needs said. He's a total bellend. 

3. Kris Commons

Fake Scottish, fat, Celtic, always scored against Aberdeen, nowhere near as good as we made him look in those games. His punditry recently also has me rattled, along with Kris Boyd, who would probably be on this list, if he wasn't so utterly un-threatening on the football pitch anymore. 

2. Ryan  Jack

He's a snake, and he mugged off Derek McInnes. Nobody lies to my Derek. Praying him and the rest of the **** get a solid doing this week. 

1. James Forrest

I have an utterly irrational hatred of this little no-necked f**k. It's based in the fact that for great lengths of his career he was incredibly overrated, and generally shite. He should have been nowhere near Scotland squads, let alone starting. This season I've disliked him even more, because he's become quite good, thus making me wrong, thus making me really mad. He's supposed to be shite. Why hasn't he got a neck??! Apparently he gets his wee tadger out in nightclubs, which is beast behaviour too. 

Offffft that was a good vent for my rage.

Nobody on the planet hates anything more than you hate James Forrest.

Mo Johnston ‘ Judas b*****d ‘ Barry Ferguson ‘ utter p***k ‘ El Hadj Diouf ‘ clatty b*****d and utter p***k ‘ John Brown ‘ utter c**t ‘ Fernando Ricksen ‘ pure knob of a player ‘ Kenny Miller ‘ fake tanned p***k ‘ Nacho Novo ‘ horrible wife thieving wee w****r ‘ Kris Boyd ‘ fat monster munch eating knob ‘ Neil McCann ‘ dour faced wee p***k ‘ and finally last but not least Graeme Souness ‘ utter p***k ‘

1. Scott Brown - an absolute w**k stain who spends most of his time trying to act billy big baws when in fact he is a fucking nobody with no talent and no ambition.

2. Barry Ferguson - a thick wee ned.

3. Shinsuke Nakamura - a cheating, diving p***k.

4. Scott Severin - This is perhaps unfair, but he did f**k all in a Killie strip and he came to mind in an instant. In fact - just replace this twat with Kyle Lafferty - a dirty, cheating, diving p***k.

5. Aiden McGeady - a dirty, cheating, diving, traitorous p***k.

6. Andy Walker - for that goal, being an A*r p***k, and talking nonsense.

7. Gary Caldwell - a dirty, talentless thug.

8. Craig Samson - an imposter of the highest order

9. Neil Lennon - a greeting faced w****r who will blame anyone bar himself.

10. James Forrest - an imposter of the highest order

I'm sure they are all perfectly decent people, apart from numbers 1-7, and 10.

1.  Mark Millar - Hate everything about him. Has all the talent in the world but can't be bothered. Lazy headcase who blamed everyone else for his failings who of course Queens tried to build around for some reason. Also dyed his hair blonde.

2. Kevin Muscat - Just a disgusting thug of a footballer.

3.  Nacho Novo - A very unpleasant individual

4. Neil Lennon 

5. John Baird - A right irritating shite of a striker. Baird looked to be a shrewd signing but failed to break into the team before snaking off to playoff rivals Falkirk midseason. Small man syndrome personified.

6.  Bob Malcolm - Bigot and attacked Stephen Dobbie mid game, as his coach.

7. James Grady - Managed to be my least favourite Gretna player which is some achievement

8.  Dougie Imrie 

9.   Kevin James - Just a sprawling mess of arms legs, elbows and getting into the referees face.

10. Rory Loy - Just don't like his face tbh.

I remember the first game when Swankie crossed the Tayside divide being at McDiarmid. He absolutely shat it with the abuse and ended up getting hooked at half time.

He was potentially a decent top flight player but just no real drive him him. Any time you had a bit of rain or the team was against it - he was useless.

Nothing worse than players with good ability that are shitebags. Scott Brown to his credit has made a good career from little.

He scored an absolute screamer for you lot against us at Dens, sure it was a last minute equaliser. Was hyped to f**k when we signed him.

Same with Willie McLaren, ripped us apart at will then done absolutely nothing for us, chasing a game once and he was left back on his own when we had a corner, ball dropped to him forty yards from goal and he ended up kicking it backwards, and barely ran back to prevent their striker being clean through on goal. Wish I'd included him now

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Even if that were true, it would not affect the fact the leagues were altered for your benefit in 1988, O'Neill and Cusack in separate incidents got away with horrendous stuff v us, YOU GOT A VOTE IN 2003 AT ALL, and Martindale-gate.

FTW.

It's not our fault that your board arranged to rent a stadium, but made the arrangements with the people who used it rather than the people who owned it. One quick, early question asked by your club and you'd have been promoted.

Funny thing is that the majority of these players will be reading this.

[emoji1]

I'd be loving it if I were a player and included on the list. Odious or not - it shows they've had a longstanding effect on some.

1 hour ago, nicolkenny0 said:

Mo Johnston ‘ Judas b*****d ‘ Barry Ferguson ‘ utter p***k ‘ El Hadj Diouf ‘ clatty b*****d and utter p***k ‘ John Brown ‘ utter c**t ‘ Fernando Ricksen ‘ pure knob of a player ‘ Kenny Miller ‘ fake tanned p***k ‘ Nacho Novo ‘ horrible wife thieving wee w****r ‘ Kris Boyd ‘ fat monster munch eating knob ‘ Neil McCann ‘ dour faced wee p***k ‘ and finally last but not least Graeme Souness ‘ utter p***k ‘

Oh my. Welcome to P&B. You're going to get on swimmingly. 

Edited by The Other Foot

Bit surprised no one mentioned Stevie May as of yet, just find him annoying and he's a long haired wee tadger tbh. Can't be the only one surely? 

d26ab1f3c98cc1f8ebd16701d04f0f5b.jpg

5 hours ago, Richie said:

Genuinely never heard of this "gang of 3" either.

Cusack didnt seem a particularly dirty player, although I was about 11 when he was playing. Thinking about it, he may have been an 'elbows' type.

Colin "Psycho" ONeil... Fair enough emoji23.png

Cusack would probably be seen as a dirty player now - but he was basically a late 80's/early-90's model centre forward who needed to be able to look after themselves considering what centre halfs were still allowed to get away with at that point. He was no Mark Hateley.

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Bit surprised no one mentioned Stevie May as of yet, just find him annoying and he's a long haired wee tadger tbh. Can't be the only one surely? 

He does have terrible hair but I feel more pity more than annoyance for him.
He's one bad season away from the arse completely falling out his career and having to sign for Clyde.

1 hour ago, Finch road said:

If true

Any of the Airdrie team of the 90s read this I hope you all have a horrific, painful and slow demise. And piles!

Did a wee bit of research and could only find one Airdrie player from the 90s( I know you are referring to McDonald's Beastie Boys and I understand your views) who went on to play for a season at Cappielow was Peter Duffield. I presume he was ok? Thinking of Morton "horrors" I can only pin point Tommy Turner for the list.