Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, here's his 242 goals for Celtic

It's only 241 goals as a last minute winner he was given at McDiarmid clearly didn't cross the line.

Edited by 7-2

12 minutes ago, smpar said:

Wasn't it Lee Mair who (claimed he) gave away Tony Kroos' jersey because he didn't know who he was?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/lee-mair-tells-moment-gave-away-toni-kroos-shirt-dons-2008-uefa-cup-defeat/

Indeed.

On 13/12/2017 at 06:28, Ludo*1 said:

=48. Peter Grant - 16 points.

14883-zoom.jpg

I can't remember too much about Peter Grant Snr. He was just leaving Celtic as I was just getting into football. As a coach - his high points are probably appointing Jim Duffy as assistant at Norwich, and getting sacked. And getting sacked whilst first team coach to Mowbray's Celtic. Can't say much more, so will leave it to the guys that voted for him to comment on why he's so despicable.

I've no greatest moment of Peter Grant, so here's a picture of him with a sledgehammer.

GW507H567

Thank you.

(1 more to come in this spot, will be posted tomorrow).

Easily the worst consistently picked footballer I have ever seen in a Celtic jersey. I remember Tommy Burns saying he wished he had "11 Peter Grant's."  So did the rest of the league as he was a snarling wee nonentity of a player. 

The only Celtic player I remember being more repugnant was Roy Aitken, but at least he brought something to the team. 

26 minutes ago, WellView said:

Easily the worst consistently picked footballer I have ever seen in a Celtic jersey. I remember Tommy Burns saying he wished he had "11 Peter Grant's."  So did the rest of the league as he was a snarling wee nonentity of a player. 

The only Celtic player I remember being more repugnant was Roy Aitken, but at least he brought something to the team. 

Did well with Led Zeppelin Tbf.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

=44. Lee Mair - 17 points.

celtics-henrik-larsson-holds-off-dundees

One of the few times that Mair will be able to be considered Larsson's equal is in this poll.  The 8 pointer, Jim Duffy absolutely hated Lee Mair at one point. See more here: Link. And is now well hated by the Dundee faithful. I'd imagine he's hated by most of his other club's fans as well due to being a piss poor CH.

Best moment?

Lee Mair teaches a "Football Studies" class at my old high school. 

I've no idea either. 

This is gonna be a slow process, I won't lie, especially at this time of year. Anyways:

=44. Trevor Steven. - 17 points.

94371040244f84098a917082583aadbd.jpg

Described as the 'David Beckham of his day' in one article, Steven was one of the influx of English talent that Rangers purchased in the 80s/90s. I never seen him play so I've no idea why he was hated.

Best moment?

Probably slaying Celtic