Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

I know my list is already in but just remembered and had to mention Hugh Burns, horrible torn faced wee *** b*****d from the 1980's who ended up floating around the lower leagues and I also recall seeing  him play v Stirling Albion on occasion. 

Think of a less talented John bomber Broon if thats possible but equally as vile and ...ahem 'staunch'. The type of cretin who would disown his own daughter for dating anyone with a suspiciously timmy sounding name. And he was a dirty b*****d on the pitch too, his sole talent was booting opposing wingers onto the track. c**t !

Edited by Flybhoy

Guest Moomintroll
I know my list is already in but just remembered and had to mention Hugh Burns, horrible torn faced wee *** b*****d from the 1980's who ended up floating around the lower leagues and I also recall seeing  him play v Stirling Albion on occasion. 
Think of a less talented John bomber Broon if thats possible but equally as vile and ...ahem 'staunch'. The type of cretin who would disown his own daughter for dating anyone with a suspiciously timmy sounding name. And he was a dirty b*****d on the pitch too, his sole talent was booting opposing wingers onto the track. c**t !

Did hear about his "staunchness" back then but was a really good player under Tommy Burns for Killie. Given that this was during the Fleeting years I'm pretty sure if he was as bad as he was painted to be then he wouldn't have accepted two layers of Kafflick management, not to mention the huge amount of ex Celts we had playing for us at the time.

Och, may as well...

- Souness. The c**t's c**t.  Nasty, sneaky c**t on and off the pitch. Basically, the biggest c**t of all time. Radicalised blue bigot who is indoctrinated with the 'only the Old Firm matter' lie and openly promotes it in the media.
- McCoist. Wore the OF Cloak of Overratedness as a player and has since proved himself to be a bile spouting, dangerous bigot of the highest order. Radicalised blue bigot who is indoctrinated with the 'only the Old Firm matter' lie and openly promotes it in the media.
- Gordon Must Score Smith. Known worldwide for an embarrassing miss. Known in Scotland for being  a bigot who unbelievably reached high office simply because he was a Rangers man, proving what every non-OF fan knows about how the Scottish game works. Radicalised blue bigot who is indoctrinated with the 'only the Old Firm matter' lie and openly promotes it in the media.
- Mark Hately.  Major bully that wore the OF Cloak of Referee Blindness to get away with murder because of who he played for.  Thought he was God.  Bigot promoter who had a stupid haircut and was also ugly. Could have been David Carradine's love child. Radicalised blue bigot who is indoctrinated with the 'only the Old Firm matter' lie and openly promotes it in the media.
- Terry Butcher.  Dirty b*****d that wore the OF Cloak of Referee Blindness to get away with murder because of who he played for. His managerial record is a major embarrassment to the Scottish game. Radicalised blue bigot who is indoctrinated with the 'only the Old Firm matter' lie and openly promotes it in the media.
- Joey Barton. Absolute low life scum. A person who once stubbed a cigar out in a team mates eye, never forget. Classic blue bigot material. Despite his short time in Scottish football he is a radicalised blue bigot who is indoctrinated with the 'only the Old Firm matter' lie and openly promotes it in the media.
- Scott Brown. Wears the dual OF Cloak of Overratedness and Referee Blindness to get away with murder because of who he plays for.  His media position is yet to start.
- Davie Provan.  Makes a living out of talking down Scottish football. Radicalised green bigot who is indoctrinated with the 'only the Old Firm matter' lie and openly promotes it in the media.
- Charlie Nicholas. Makes a living out of talking down Scottish football. Radicalised green bigot who is indoctrinated with the 'only the Old Firm matter' lie and openly promotes it in the media.
- Andy Walker. Makes a living out of talking down Scottish football. Radicalised green bigot who is indoctrinated with the 'only the Old Firm matter' lie and openly promotes it in the media.

As others have said, cutting this down to 10 has not been easy.

Peter kjaer

Jared hodgkiss

Johnny Hayes

Josh walker

Ryan jack

Ash Taylor

Fernando ricksen

John brown

David Robertson

Mark Hateley

Piere van hooijdonk

Andres thom

Cammy Smith

Craig storie

Colin hendry

Steve Fulton

Frank sauze

Shivuti (Motherwell)

Pat mcginly

Chic charnley

Andreas Mayer

Calvin Zola

Dundee utd 2010-2015

Josh magennis

Zander diamond

I can understand most of these but Eliphas Shivute? I really can't think of anything remotely controversial or contentious he did in his short spell with Motherwell.

On 06/12/2017 at 21:47, Ludo*1 said:

4 days to go to get your votes in via PM lads.

Thanking you.

To clarify, is the final deadline 23:59 on Sunday or earlier in the day? Just so I know if I can safely spend Sunday cutting down my very long list to 10 names.

To clarify, is the final deadline 23:59 on Sunday or earlier in the day? Just so I know if I can safely spend Sunday cutting down my very long list to 10 names.

You would have all day Sunday to trim your list, 23:59 Sunday.

On 07/12/2017 at 10:28, RawB93 said:

a3c2d2aea95a05d96d67e5179c4c668b.jpg

I thought this must have been photoshopped then I googled the story. Jesus fucking Christ. A father thought it was a good idea to let his kid black up. I'm not offended and it looks like the players weren't either but what kind of parent thinks 'that is a good idea there won't be any comeback on that'

The only bit of time I've ever had to give Alex Macdonald is that he apparently punched Hugh Burns for refusing to share a bath with John Colquhoun at Hearts.

There are slightly more than 50 names to present as there are a few ties, particularly lower down the list, so bear with me this will take some time, but to get us started:

=48. Mixu Paatelainen - 16 points.

image.png.d9f0fafd75883870905d6211ece2ab1f.png

Fairly inoffensive as a player, bit of a maverick as a manager. Will go down in history as the man who coined the phrase, 'What's the fucking point?'

It was sad to see the man have a bit of a breakdown whilst at Dundee United, but he was never a particular figure of 'hate' whilst at Tannadice as a player or manager. Indeed, his stint as manager at United seems to have killed him off as a manager as he's not had a job since.

His greatest moment:

Edited by Ludo*1

=48. Derek Lyle - 16 points.

1290323.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=280&h

Perma-tanned Derek Lyle. Here's just a few examples of why he's made this list: Link.    And another.

His time at my own club is fondly remembered as he signed a PCA with our fellow title challengers Hamilton, then 'fell through a table' so he was injured for weeks after (There was a few rumours of unsavory nature as to how this incident occurred at the time) before finally realising he wasn't getting on as a sub in the final day game against Hamilton (Which was just a Hamilton celebration), which led to him telling the Dundee bench to f**k off, running over to the Hamilton support, giving them a clap before fucking off down the tunnel. Classic tangoman.

I can only talk from my own experiences of Lyle, but I'm sure there's many that have other experiences as it wasn't just Dundee fans that voted for this one!