Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

12 hours ago, madmitch said:

Happy to share mine

1 Paul Hartley

2 Alex McDonald both as a player and as a manager of hammerthrowers . I would like to make the whole Airdrie side under his management my number 2 (number 2 how appropriate).

3 Ross Tokeley

4  Neil Lennon

5  Dave Bowman

6  Stevie Archibald

7 Nacho Novo

8 Chris Boyd

9 George O'Boyle

10  John Robertson

Weird one.

11 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

Fernando Ricksen would be pretty high up my list pre-illness but know I'm not really sure.

He was a c**t. His horrible illness doesn't change that.

You'll never heard of him but niggly wee shite Donal Henretty of Spartans would be on my list. I could take the disdain of other Spartans players like Keith McLeod as they were good but Henretty was deeply ordinary.

Surprised there's been no mention of Darren Jackson yet- I didn't mind him but he seems to have been a figure of hate when he played.

Maybe I should start a "Top 50 Bellends of Chairmen/ Directors" thread as there's been a few in Scottish football over the years- Charles Green, Willie Harkness, Bill "Blobby" Hunter, Michael Kelly etc.  

4 hours ago, Estragon said:

Typical Celtic dewy eyed romanticism. Irrespective of post career tragedy he was a horrible, cynical player.

See Lennon, N. for more details. I've had the pleasure of meeting him twice and found him a really nice chap. He is, however, squarely inside my top ten for being a thoroughly unpleasant oik on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, Darren said:

Weird one.

He was a c**t. His horrible illness doesn't change that.

Aye, that's a fair point. 

Just now, peternapper said:

Folk that know me know that two names that made my blood boil were Fakenham as a player & Steven Finnie as allegedly a ref

What did Falkingham actually do wrong at those two red cards? 

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Gregor Stevens.....made Souness' "tackles" look pretty tame.
Fairly sure he broke the legs of at least two opponents whilst wearing Rangers colours. Absolute arse of a man on a football pitch.

Correct - He broke Albert Morrison's leg in a friendly at Rugby Park, with an appalling and needless tackle.   I clearly heard the crack when the leg broke from the other side of the pitch.

Disgusting person.

And the Daily Ranger then staged a photo of him with Albert Morrison in the hospital the next day. 

Kyle Lafferty doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet, which surprises me a bit given the Rivaldoesque debacle and the stupid fucking goal celebrations he did.

Edit: continuing the theme, David Weir got away with fouling to John Terry levels of farce

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely
David Weir. Ugh.

37 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You'll never heard of him but niggly wee shite Donal Henretty of Spartans would be on my list. I could take the disdain of other Spartans players like Keith McLeod as they were good but Henretty was deeply ordinary.

Surprised there's been no mention of Darren Jackson yet- I didn't mind him but he seems to have been a figure of hate when he played.

Maybe I should start a "Top 50 Bellends of Chairmen/ Directors" thread as there's been a few in Scottish football over the years- Charles Green, Willie Harkness, Bill "Blobby" Hunter, Michael Kelly etc.  

Hugh Scott!

Correct - He broke Albert Morrison's leg in a friendly at Rugby Park, with an appalling and needless tackle.   I clearly heard the crack when the leg broke from the other side of the pitch.
Disgusting person.
 And the Daily Ranger then staged a photo of him with Albert Morrison in the hospital the next day. 

Aye, I remember that now. I think the fact he did it in a friendly was what made it stick in my mind.
He was neither hard nor dirty football player, just nasty.

12 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Edit: continuing the theme, David Weir got away with fouling to John Terry levels of farce

Aw God aye. Used his status as elder statesman to throw his hands up in the air every time he was caught in possession (which was often, being in his late 70s) and glance imperiously at the referee as if to say, "Mr Weir will have his free kick now." Worked every time. 

Only reason the auld dick managed to prolong his career as long as he did. 

43 minutes ago, smpar said:

What did Falkingham actually do wrong at those two red cards? 

Think he was well know for histrionics before his time at East End his powers of recovery after his near death experiences on the field were remarkable. Needless to say I would not trust him to tar my drive if he turned up in the area in his caravan.

Some from the lower divisions as well

Josh Falkingham - utterly detestable little git

Mark Gilhaney - see above but little ability and no stranger to hiding in a game

Rory McAllister - detested by all

Kevin Fotheringham - p***k but was he guilty of racial abuse? - perhaps a degree of sympathy had he not been a total shit

Ian Black - imposter of the 1st degree and only capped because of who he played for.

Kyle Lafferty - oops hold my face and put on a show

Neil Lennon -  others have said it all

Barry Ferguson - See above

Fernado Rickson  utterly dispicable

Scott Sinclair - must be proud of himself after yesterday

Kirk Broadfoot - see Ian Black

Greame Fucking Souness and his 1988-89 title winning team of mercenary no mark arseholes. These b*****ds and more importantly, the c***s hiring them, made sure our league became the money dominated one horse race it is today. 

Hate is not too strong a word. I fucking hate Greame Souness. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I very much enjoyed the reign of Charles Green and his various interviews, particularly the one from his hospital bed.