Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

Fernando Ricksen would be pretty high up my list pre-illness but know I'm not really sure.

Typical Celtic dewy eyed romanticism. Irrespective of post career tragedy he was a horrible, cynical player.

See Lennon, N. for more details. I've had the pleasure of meeting him twice and found him a really nice chap. He is, however, squarely inside my top ten for being a thoroughly unpleasant oik on the pitch.

Nacho Novo: a demonstrably dreadful human being in every single respect.

Vladimir Weiss: I seem to remember him being absolutely delighted to revel in sectarianism. Awful c**t.

Paul Paton: Completely classless, a thug and an absolutely appalling footballer. Was a horrific right back and not much better as a holding midfielder, it’s an absolute embarrassment that this utter fucking c**t captained Thistle.

Callum Paterson: something about him really, really fucking irritated me. Probably his fucking moustache. That an he had a nasty habit of waltzing through our defence at will.

Dougie Imrie: self explanatory.

Neil Lennon: an angry wee Ned, thug on and off the pitch.

Kris Boyd: arsehole. Thick as shit and said it was too hot to play football in fucking Scotland once. Also refused to play for the national team because he thought he was significantly better than he was and should be starting every game. w**k.

Joe Cardle: a one trick pony who nevertheless scored a fucking hat trick against us from the bench. And he has shite hair and a punchable face.

Robbie Keane: Everything about him screams “I’m a total p***k”

Derek Adams: this is cheating slightly as I have no memory of him as a player, but just a massive, massive bellend. Likely has no pals.

Won't be included as I'm on Ludos blocked list, 

Terry Hurlock - talentless, horrible player.

Neil Lennon - as above.

Willie Miller - respected him as a player, but his biased and shallow punditry skills seals his place on this list.

Paul McGowan - a barely sufferable human.

John Brown - devoid of any talent and a complete bellend

(Paul Gascoigne, Davie Cooper, Henrik Larsson & Lubo Moravcik) -

These guys make the list for just being so ridiculously talented and not because of their personal traits.

19 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Derek Adams: this is cheating slightly as I have no memory of him as a player, but just a massive, massive bellend. Likely has no pals.

During one of our less successful seasons he was utter gash week in, week out, yet inexplicably never seemed to get dropped.

Neil Lennon

Keith Lasley

Ross Tokely

Steven Pressley

Terry Hurlock

Mark Hately

Roy Aitken

Paul Hartley

Hugh Burns

Paul Sturrock

Peter Grant

Jim Goodwin

Willie Johnston

Derek Johnstone

Fernando Ricksen (still feel sorry for the poor guy now but doesn't change my opinion of him as a player)

Lee McCulloch

Gregor Stevens.....made Souness' "tackles" look pretty tame.
Fairly sure he broke the legs of at least two opponents whilst wearing Rangers colours. Absolute arse of a man on a football pitch.
Noted that he played a fair amount of games for Motherwell and Brechin, was he a leg breaker there too?

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Just waiting on the lower league posters to catch on to this thread and watch the dozens of votes for Josh Falkingham come in.

It's a shame Josh's heyday for us was so far down the leagues, off the radar of most posters. The day Peterhead turned up to try and lynch him on the pitch was exceptional. Once it got to three sendings off the ref just clammed up and looked at his watch for 45 minutes, waiting for the nightmare to be over.  Game as ever, Josh said he'd have been proud of some of the tackles the Peterhead boys launched at him.

It's a shame Josh's heyday for us was so far down the leagues, off the radar of most posters. The day Peterhead turned up to try and lynch him on the pitch was exceptional. Once it got to three sendings off the ref just clammed up and looked at his watch for 45 minutes, waiting for the nightmare to be over.  Game as ever, Josh said he'd have been proud of some of the tackles the Peterhead boys launched at him.

Did any of the red card tackles actually touch him before he fell over?