Livi lions v Lambs to the slaughter

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On better news, results more or less went our way today, St Mirren lost to Dumbarton, QoS drew with ICT, and Dunfermline lost to Utd. Pity we didn't play today but if it is going to be played on Tues we've now got an extra incentive to win and take advantage of knowing todays results, we can move further away from Dunfermline and QoS, and get 2 points closer to St Mirren.

Just back from Hospitality, good day regardless of no game being played but was told by one of the directors that Falkirk where desperate for the game to be called off, apparantly the players are away to Dublin on a Xmas night out, maybe someone from falkirk can confirm ? 

Jimmy Nichol was at the ground at 10:30 this morning in the refs ear and again at 1:30, apparantly rearranged for 19th of December now. 

Whether it’s true or not who knows, just passing on what I’ve been told. 

1 minute ago, andylivi1 said:

Just back from Hospitality, good day regardless of no game being played but was told by one of the directors that Falkirk where desperate for the game to be called off, apparantly the players are away to Dublin on a Xmas night out, maybe someone from falkirk can confirm ? 

Jimmy Nichol was at the ground at 10:30 this morning in the refs ear and again at 1:30. 

The players are not away to Dublin on a night out tonight. The idea that we'd want a game postponed because of this is just a little silly, tbh. 

Jimmy was at the ground this morning to witness the first pitch inspection. He wasn't "in the refs ear" at the second one.

The FFC team bus arrived just before 1330 and everybody walked out to have a look at the goalmouth to the right of the main stand. The ref and his assistants were already there and I saw a few folk from both sides talking to him, probably asking for his opinion. He then went back in to get changed and he and his two assistants ran about the goalmouth & touchline for a few minutes with a ball. Nobody else was anywhere near him and nobody had any input into his decision.

I doubt we were desperate for the game to be called off, given that it'll probably be played before Christmas as the SFA will want to avoid a fixture pile up. We won't have any new players in then so what difference will a fortnight or so make?

I walked on the pitch before the ref called it off. The area around the goalmouth was far harder than the grass in the centre circle, so possibly the ref was correct in his decision.

18 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The players are not away to Dublin on a night out tonight. The idea that we'd want a game postponed because of this is just a little silly, tbh. 

Jimmy was at the ground this morning to witness the first pitch inspection. He wasn't "in the refs ear" at the second one.

The FFC team bus arrived just before 1330 and everybody walked out to have a look at the goalmouth to the right of the main stand. The ref and his assistants were already there and I saw a few folk from both sides talking to him, probably asking for his opinion. He then went back in to get changed and he and his two assistants ran about the goalmouth & touchline for a few minutes with a ball. Nobody else was anywhere near him and nobody had any input into his decision.

I doubt we were desperate for the game to be called off, given that it'll probably be played before Christmas as the SFA will want to avoid a fixture pile up. We won't have any new players in then so what difference will a fortnight or so make?

I walked on the pitch before the ref called it off. The area around the goalmouth was far harder than the grass in the centre circle, so possibly the ref was correct in his decision.

As I say it’s not my story I’m just passing on what I was told, did find it a little strange which is why I wanted clarification from someone with a Falkirk persuasion. 

As you say the game will likely be rearranged for before Xmas, which I’m told is going to be the 19th so makes very little difference. 

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Jimmy Nichol was at the ground at 10:30 this morning in the refs ear and again at 1:30, apparantly rearranged for 19th of December now. 

Nae bother lasagne dick 

48 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Nae bother lasagne dick 

Ladies and gentlemen, what we see here is true pain. The Falkirk fan in question is lashing out in anger to those around him, this could also be attributed to denial. Denial that Falkirk are, and will be beyond January, shite.

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Ladies and gentlemen, what we see here is true pain. The Falkirk fan in question is lashing out in anger to those around him, this could also be attributed to denial. Denial that Falkirk are, and will be beyond January, shite.

Such a shite post man.

1 hour ago, JinkyBairn said:

Such a shite post man.

Ladies and gentlemen, what we see here is someone just talking shite.....

End.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Ladies and gentlemen, what we see here is someone just talking shite.....

End.

Archived