Livi lions v Lambs to the slaughter

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I do have a shite memory tbh, but I know I didn't see the league game. I can't recall whether I watched the league cup game on FTV or not. I have the vaguest inkling that I maybe did, and this is leading me towards the memory repression theory.

The cup game was pretty even till we got to ET, then it looked like Falkirk were blowing out their arses and Livi ran all over them. The league game was a fairly comfortable win for us, but I still wont take Falkirk lightly, seen it too many times to be taken in by the 'we're so shite you'll win easily' posts from opposition fans, then we get rolled over. It's a lose lose situation for Livi, all the expectation is on us, if we win it is expected so big deal, draw and lose and we're called out for being shit not being able to beat a crap Falkirk team.  

We were one of the 3 teams that drew with Brechin this season, so not taking anything for granted in league positions or form.

I'd take a scrappy as feck 1-0 win here, just want the points and to put last night's defeat behind us.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I do have a shite memory tbh, but I know I didn't see the league game. I can't recall whether I watched the league cup game on FTV or not. I have the vaguest inkling that I maybe did, and this is leading me towards the memory repression theory.

The LC game was the start of the rot really. St Mirren had beaten us on the Saturday before but we had done some good things in that match and I think most folk probably expected us to bounce back. We were pish (although so were Livi) and, as we've come to accept now, were beaten by a more physical and committed side.

We've been utterly crap ever since!

33 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The cup game was pretty even till we got to ET, then it looked like Falkirk were blowing out their arses and Livi ran all over them. The league game was a fairly comfortable win for us, but I still wont take Falkirk lightly, seen it too many times to be taken in by the 'we're so shite you'll win easily' posts from opposition fans, then we get rolled over. It's a lose lose situation for Livi, all the expectation is on us, if we win it is expected so big deal, draw and lose and we're called out for being shit not being able to beat a crap Falkirk team.  

We were one of the 3 teams that drew with Brechin this season, so not taking anything for granted in league positions or form.

I'd take a scrappy as feck 1-0 win here, just want the points and to put last night's defeat behind us.

So were we.

We're dreadful. Home win; simple as that.

34 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The LC game was the start of the rot really. St Mirren had beaten us on the Saturday before but we had done some good things in that match and I think most folk probably expected us to bounce back. We were pish (although so were Livi) and, as we've come to accept now, were beaten by a more physical and committed side.

We've been utterly crap ever since!

Half time at St Mirren was when the arse fell out of our season.

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Half time at St Mirren was when the arse fell out of our season.

Aye, I don't completely disagree because, you're right, we were very poor that day however St Mirren beating us wasn't a total shock as they were also expected to do well.

Livi were expected to be in the lower half, maybe even bottom two, and I think the lack of fight and poor performance in that game has defined our season to date more than the Saints game.

32 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I don't completely disagree because, you're right, we were very poor that day however St Mirren beating us wasn't a total shock as they were also expected to do well.

Livi were expected to be in the lower half, maybe even bottom two, and I think the lack of fight and poor performance in that game has defined our season to date more than the Saints game.

I get where you are coming from but we started very well at Paisley and could have been out of sight before they equalised.

Second half we were dire and it has carried on from there.

Told myself I wouldn’t be going to this last Saturday but somehow I’ll end up at it.

Not confident in the slightest. The glimmer of hope I have is that Taiwo and Sibbs come back and hit the ground running and we can scrape a draw. There’s not one team I can see us beating in this league apart from Brechin. We’re in some state lol.

fully expect us to lose by at least two goals and if we're not careful there is a real hammering around the corner somewhere.

went to this fixture last season but not this time until I know we have a team putting a decent shift in. concern is that there's 5 weeks till the window opens and we could conceivably be relying on players who know they are moving on for results. difficult times

It's concerning if Hartley can't put together a team of 11 players who he thinks will try on the basis that they either know they have a future here, or at least think they should fight for one. 
It would seem at this moment that it's total resignation from all concerned. That canny be right.

exactly I fear from what I've seen recently that they've given up already. it's everywhere now that we are clearing out. I'm not saying it's not the right thing to do but wonder about how it's been communicated and whenn. this could be a very long 5 weeks and that's if we ship in and out on January 1s could be 8-9 weeks if end January

See those meaningless games at the end of the season where they come out with crap like "They'll play to win - they're professionals" or "They're playing for their pride", those games? The ones where you go and the players walk around the pitch chatting to each other and not giving a shit? That's where we are just now.

livvi are 19/1 to win by 4 or more goals I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they score first.

our only chance is to score first and I'm struggling to see where our goals are going to come from.

who's our top league scorer this season and with how many. the old programme was easy to tell in a table not the new one

20 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

livvi are 19/1 to win by 4 or more goals I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they score first.

our only chance is to score first and I'm struggling to see where our goals are going to come from.

who's our top league scorer this season and with how many. the old programme was easy to tell in a table not the new one

That's because big Gordy's not running the show now!

Our top league scorers are McKee & McGhee with two each. Austin, Hippo, Tawio, Harris & Luca have one each. Makes fukin depressing reading!

That's because big Gordy's not running the show now!
Our top league scorers are McKee & McGhee with two each. Austin, Hippo, Tawio, Harris & Luca have one each. Makes fukin depressing reading!

it's nearly Xmas and our top scorer has 2! #ourtime

I reckon if some posters on p&b had played the first 14 games we could have scored more than that by just poaching at corners and free kicks!

Archived