Tail of the Bank v The Hedge

Well aware of that. We have a fantastic opportunity if we do the right things we could remain in this league which would be fantastic for our club. So many games up till now have been decided by the odd goal. This leads me to think if we can tick most of the boxes we could have that opportunity. We are a part time club grasping at straws at the mo. We don’t need extra alcohol, most will do some every week anyway

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does enjoying a Christmas team weekend away constitute behaving like amateurs? You really are a fucking idiot. They are semi professional footballers, they have other jobs and priorities outside of football and are perfectly entitled to enjoy a drink every now and again.
Every other club will have similar, and many will come immediately after a defeat or a disappointing season to date.

I’m the idiot?? think about it san. if you can

1 hour ago, gm_1982 said:

How does enjoying a Christmas team weekend away constitute behaving like amateurs? You really are a fucking idiot. They are semi professional footballers, they have other jobs and priorities outside of football and are perfectly entitled to enjoy a drink every now and again.

Every other club will have similar, and many will come immediately after a defeat or a disappointing season to date.

Ach here was I all set to cancel my works night out  then along comes you with a sensible post to bring me back to reality !!  ;)  

Cheers . 

Bloody hell what a pallava.Good on the players going away bonding . As for CDH I noticed he never commented on last week's excellent efforts v Utd

Are you serious as a supporter?? Good on them going away?? do you really realise where Brechin are in football terms. Obviously not. 2nd tier of Scottish football hello.it’s sad that your aspirations are 1st/2nd division.

Are you serious as a supporter?? Good on them going away?? do you really realise where Brechin are in football terms. Obviously not. 2nd tier of Scottish football hello.it’s sad that your aspirations are 1st/2nd division.

What the f**k are you talking about? Every club in Scotland has a night out/weekend away this time of year. Really don't understand what you are getting so worked up about.

On 12/2/2017 at 20:53, TONTROOPER said:

Were my ears playing tricks on me or were some stand punters actually attempting to sing today? Surely not.

That was our wee group in hospitality. Free bar etc etc...

16 hours ago, theycallmetrinity said:

The break will do the players good. A team that drinks together, plays together.

Yes, because that philosophy really worked out well for the Scotland World Cup squad in 1978, or the Morton 'Spectacular Collapse' team of 2003/04. 

The Famous will need to play much better in our next few games to get decent results, as it was very laboured stuff for about the middle sixty minutes of the game. I'm concerned that Duffy will now use the failed mantra of 'we can't change a winning team', when a lineup that can sword Falkirk and Brechin isn't necessarily equipped to turn over Dundee United this weekend. If we give better opposition the same time and space that we have been affording them in recent weeks then we'll get punished. I'd switch to a 3-5-2 to play all our available central defenders in their proper positions and allow us to bring Tidser into the midfield.  

Brechin were woeful: somehow worse than Falkirk and down there with Edinburgh City as the worst rabble I've seen this season. Given that they couldn't even pull off their traditional, 0-2 shanfest at Cappielow - and looked completely demoralised  in the closing stages after back to back shoeings - I can't see them winning a league game for the rest of the season. 

19 hours ago, slangs said:

Bang on but it’s a 2 day bender.these are ment to b professional footballers no matter if they are part time.we are in the 2nd top league in Scotland and behaving like amateurs. If you are happy with that fair enough but I’m not.

Could you give someone a phone at Dumbarton and let them know this is amateur? We've been surviving in this league whilst having Christmas nights out for the last 6 years but if the club were aware of what could be achieved without having Christmas nights out I'm sure they'd be glad to hear.

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

Yes, because that philosophy really worked out well for the Scotland World Cup squad in 1978, or the Morton 'Spectacular Collapse' team of 2003/04. 

The Famous will need to play much better in our next few games to get decent results, as it was very laboured stuff for about the middle sixty minutes of the game. I'm concerned that Duffy will now use the failed mantra of 'we can't change a winning team', when a lineup that can sword Falkirk and Brechin isn't necessarily equipped to turn over Dundee United this weekend. If we give better opposition the same time and space that we have been affording them in recent weeks then we'll get punished. I'd switch to a 3-5-2 to play all our available central defenders in their proper positions and allow us to bring Tidser into the midfield.  

Brechin were woeful: somehow worse than Falkirk and down there with Edinburgh City as the worst rabble I've seen this season. Given that they couldn't even pull off their traditional, 0-2 shanfest at Cappielow - and looked completely demoralised  in the closing stages after back to back shoeings - I can't see them winning a league game for the rest of the season. 

If the said Scotland World Cup squad just stuck to alcohol then it might not have been so bad.  Willie Johnstone was the unfortunate "patsy"  , taking one for the squad alledgedly.   As for the Morton collapse , was that not down to a set of corrupt b*****d players  trying to make a fortune at their own team's expense ?  

Archived