Tail of the Bank v The Hedge

Well aware of the situation. A run out ? 10 mins is Not what he needs for it to do him any good. It does change the shape of the team tho therefore changes the game

He's been out for months you can't expect him to come straight back and play 45mins he needs to be eased in. Yes it dose change the shape but I think the intention was just to give him a bit of game time

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, slangs said:

I’m not expecting anyone who has been put a while to get that length of time neither do I expect any player to get ten minutes in a game we are trying to get something out of.

We spoke to Jacko at half time and the game plan was for him to come on and add a bit of spice to the attack if we were still in the hunt.  The dodgy penalty knocked the stuffing out of the team and finished the game as a contest. ............ otherwise I think he would have been on earlier. 

If management thought he was fit enough then he should have been on earlier so there was a chance to get back into it . Taking off a player that is of form and overweight. I’m at a loss to understand Dods n co.s tactics.Maybe I’m right about the favourites in the team

1 hour ago, slangs said:

If management thought he was fit enough then he should have been on earlier so there was a chance to get back into it . Taking off a player that is of form and overweight. I’m at a loss to understand Dods n co.s tactics.Maybe I’m right about the favourites in the team

All about opinion I suppose.   Regarding favourites , Darren could possibly  say the same about you. :whistle

39 minutes ago, slangs said:

I’m not 100% sure but heard the bulk of the squad are away to Dublin on the lash. After shipping 8 goals in 2 games I’m sure it’s not the best thing to do. Wonder what the manager thinks of that

Mr Dodds giving the players a reward for playing well.

Another heavy defeat,tactics shite,management not a clue.Surely Mr Dodds is on a sticky wicket yet again and before the mafia start their shite I was at the match.We were totally outplayed,I just hope that we don't go through the whole season without winning a league game but with Mr Dodds in charge that looks highly likely.Maybe better with Ken Dodds in charge.

Another heavy defeat,tactics shite,management not a clue.Surely Mr Dodds is on a sticky wicket yet again and before the mafia start their shite I was at the match.We were totally outplayed,I just hope that we don't go through the whole season without winning a league game but with Mr Dodds in charge that looks highly likely.Maybe better with Ken Dodds in charge.

Don’t think Dods job will be anywhere near being on the line. The club would probably sorted financially by getting promoted but with the game against Celtic will make it even better so as far as the money side of it’s concerned jobs done. Therefore the matter of winning and losing is more a matter for the support on saying that I’m not for 1 minute suggesting Dods doesn’t want to win,it’s how he is going about it that is the problem

1 hour ago, slangs said:

I’m not 100% sure but heard the bulk of the squad are away to Dublin on the lash. After shipping 8 goals in 2 games I’m sure it’s not the best thing to do. Wonder what the manager thinks of that

What a bizarre comment. The Christmas night out has probably been organised for months, do you want them to cancel it and go and sulk at home over the performance? The players will have been as disappointed as anyone at the result yesterday - I'm sure they'd have rather gone for their break away on the back of a win.

Ffs for a start they r probably going to be doing their selfs a lot more harm than good. That’s not the 1st poor performance either. The bizarre thing is you can’t see it. I’m well aware that most of the players use the club as extra pocket money which is good for them but we do have younger players I would like to think are trying to make it in football

6 minutes ago, slangs said:

Ffs for a start they r probably going to be doing their selfs a lot more harm than good. That’s not the 1st poor performance either. The bizarre thing is you can’t see it. I’m well aware that most of the players use the club as extra pocket money which is good for them but we do have younger players I would like to think are trying to make it in football

Settle down. They are having a couple of days in Dublin no a two week bender in Magaluf. :lol:

Bang on but it’s a 2 day bender.these are ment to b professional footballers no matter if they are part time.we are in the 2nd top league in Scotland and behaving like amateurs. If you are happy with that fair enough but I’m not.

4 minutes ago, slangs said:

Bang on but it’s a 2 day bender.these are ment to b professional footballers no matter if they are part time.we are in the 2nd top league in Scotland and behaving like amateurs. If you are happy with that fair enough but I’m not.

If you think your players are behaving like amateurs for going on their break then players of every club from the Premiership down must be classed the same as almost every team has a player's weekend away around now. 

6 minutes ago, slangs said:

How does enjoying a Christmas team weekend away constitute behaving like amateurs? You really are a fucking idiot. They are semi professional footballers, they have other jobs and priorities outside of football and are perfectly entitled to enjoy a drink every now and again.

Every other club will have similar, and many will come immediately after a defeat or a disappointing season to date.

Archived