Tail of the Bank v The Hedge

To be honest it could have been a lot more than 4 goals for us. Keeper made a few good saves and we had a stramash  with couple of goal line clearances.

Harkins easily MotM again :wub:  

Young Tiffs coming onto a game as well to give us pace out wide that we have desperately needed all season. 

Hard fought game despite the scoreline, which really wasn't in doubt

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the worst teams I’ve ever seen at this level. More worried about kick our players off the park instead of playing football. Was worried at 1-1 we’d do our usual and fail to break a side down that sits in against us but thankfully players had their shooting boots on for a change. 

Pleasing to see Tiffoney do well again. We’ve been crying out for pace out wide and thankfully he’s been up to required standard. 

If O’Ware could stop fannying about with the ball in the box that’d be really good. Punished again for making a mistake today. 

That's Darrens tactics defend all first half then try and attack 2nd half . Why's Fusco dropped ? Why's Sinclair dropped ? Watty and Smithy are nt match fit. Can't speak about today's game as was nt there .Just an observation

From what I can gather goal number 2 was had by way of a fluke, No.3 a pen and the fourth by a pish back pass.
Were we gash or unlucky?
Where was all our subs;  Love, McLennan etc...

If your auntie had balls she would be your uncle.(were we unlucky) [emoji23]

52 minutes ago, Scosha said:

If O’Ware could stop fannying about with the ball in the box that’d be really good. Punished again for making a mistake today. 

It was Lamie that let the ball go over his head and fail to put a challenge in. 

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

They were both shocking

I think so too. Jist find it strange to just blame O'Ware for not sorting the problem Lamie gave him.

Another poor attempt at playing football. Mr Dods n co don’t seem to have a clue. Play a defensive game and we can’t defend wtf.He needs to start dropping his favourites. I heard most of the squad are off to Dublin?? That’s all they need a W/end on the swally

First half was a bit of a slog but ultimately it was a comfortable win. It was always nervous when there was one goal in it but as soon as it was 3-1 Brechin chucked it, we settled down and it was a matter of how many. It could easily have ended up six or seven if it wasn't for some excellent goalkeeping from Smith.

On that note I didn't think the penalty we were awarded was even borderline, I couldn't see anything remotely resembling a foul, but it made up for the absolute stonewall penalty and red card which should have been given in the first half when Smith wiped Thomson out. I could understand Brechin feeling aggrieved about the penalty that was given when they were still well in the game at 2-1 but ultimately if the referee had correctly given that penalty when we were 1-0 up and Smith was off the final score could have been even worse for them.

Job done, much tougher challenge next week.

25 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

On that note I didn't think the penalty we were awarded was even borderline, I couldn't see anything remotely resembling a foul, but it made up for the absolute stonewall penalty and red card which should have been given in the first half when Smith wiped Thomson out.

The defender clipped Oliver's heel. He didn't fall over, but he did lose his stride and he immediately appealed. Clear penalty, although I had expected the referee to wave play on.

1 hour ago, slangs said:

Another poor attempt at playing football. Mr Dods n co don’t seem to have a clue. Play a defensive game and we can’t defend wtf.He needs to start dropping his favourites. I heard most of the squad are off to Dublin?? That’s all they need a W/end on the swally

Me thinks they started on the bus to Greenock.

No way Tiffs goal was lucky. A knee jerk reaction maybe plus a high degree of skill alla Rooney on Wednesday.

Archived