Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

It's quite good fun when utter losers like this guy ask these questions, presumably to get a reaction so they can moan about "lefties" and "snowflakes"

"Tin hat is fastened" 😂

I don’t know anything about "lefties" or "snowflakes".

This place has taught me who the mewling, whining little bitches are though.

10 minutes ago, supermik said:

I don’t know anything about "lefties" or "snowflakes".

This place has taught me who the mewling, whining little bitches are though.

Aye, it's usually right-wing perma-losers giving off serious divorced da' energy. At least you're self-aware though 😂

I always wonder what pish they folk are spaffing when they talk about the queen having a great sense of humour or the like.

She comes across as stunningly dull and utterly lacking in any personality.  She must be the least charismatic head of state around, the daft old Tory c**t.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I always wonder what pish they folk are spaffing when they talk about the queen having a great sense of humour or the like.

She comes across as stunningly dull and utterly lacking in any personality.  She must be the least charismatic head of state around, the daft old Tory c**t.

They heard she’s an absolute hoot and wonderful at impressions (and down to earth and VERY funny) from someone who knows someone who once knew someone who heard it from a source very close to a palace insider.

Also you can tell just from that heart-melting smile just what a glorious, warm and loving great-grandmother she is; you can just tell what she’s thinking and it’s always noble, golden, and fluffy (unless she’s meeting someone objectionable, like those monstrous dictators who somehow keep getting invited to her dos - in which case you can tell she secretly hates them because she’s great).

They heard she’s an absolute hoot and wonderful at impressions (and down to earth and VERY funny) from someone who knows someone who once knew someone who heard it from a source very close to a palace insider.
Also you can tell just from that heart-melting smile just what a glorious, warm and loving great-grandmother she is; you can just tell what she’s thinking and it’s always noble, golden, and fluffy (unless she’s meeting someone objectionable, like those monstrous dictators who somehow keep getting invited to her dos - in which case you can tell she secretly hates them because she’s great).
Or speaking to her black grandchild

Out of interest, I came across a (quite long) quote recently from someone - I think an early twentieth century Scottish thinker/politician/possible trade unionist. It went on at length about how, throughout the centuries, monarchs have managed to contribute nothing to society - the system has produced no great artists or scientists or engineers or physicians, and monarchs have been responsible for spearheading no great political reforms or advances in the field of governance. Monarchs - particularly our constitutional brand - had been, it pointed out, utterly useless takers who managed to give nothing worthwhile to society whilst demonstrating no particular talents or abilities in any field.

It’s a long shot, given I can’t remember the writer’s name, but has anyone come across a quote/text to do with this?

f**k the Royals and all they stand for. Off with their heads. It's hark back to medieval times that has no place in a modern forward thinking society 

In the past their seemed to be a mysticism surrounding them but more recently they have been shown for what they are, a dysfunctional mess.

If they didn't have the privilege that is our hard earned tax.

You could see them on a rough estate with a jungle for a front garden, an old Sierra rusting to bits, with an old fridge and a cooker as garden features.

Not forgetting by now being hounded out said estate and house boarded up as their sons a paedo.

I abhor the line trotted out about her service, hard work and dedication. She's had a gold plated life and hasn't worked a day in her life. I'm sure I and many others would enjoy this "service".

I boak every time I hear these royalists sticking their tongue up the royal arse.

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

On the Christmas messages she does seem genuinely religious. I actually prefer the idea that she is a nutter who takes the 'divine right' nonsense totally seriously rather than just a sponging chancer. 

3 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Out of interest, I came across a (quite long) quote recently from someone - I think an early twentieth century Scottish thinker/politician/possible trade unionist. It went on at length about how, throughout the centuries, monarchs have managed to contribute nothing to society - the system has produced no great artists or scientists or engineers or physicians, and monarchs have been responsible for spearheading no great political reforms or advances in the field of governance.

It's not really true is it?

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I, for one, never thought Stacey Solomon would be the voice of reason

I opened it expecting her to have not understood the gorilla joke(casual rwcisim) 🙈

Never been a Royalist\Monarchist by any stretch, it’s always felt a little strange that a group of people could be held in such ‘high esteem’ by so many, with an exalted status achieved by nothing more than accident of birth. The fascination with the Royals, through the media and the general public is baffling sometimes, it’s easy to see how visitors to this country also find the whole melodrama just bizarre if not oddly intriguing.
That said, I do have an historical interest in a 1100 year old line of succession, and it’s impact on the modern history of these islands. Their influence on the political, social and economic development of this tiny country on the World Map has been immense over that timeline.
Their longevity is unique but becoming increasingly outdated for many these days however. So much has changed across the Commonwealth over the last 70 years. The Royal Family’s link to our colonial past doesn’t sit comfortably or have any relevance today.
Once the Queen passes on, perhaps it is time for a rethink with regards to the role of the Monarchy and certainly without the funds and support of the public purse. Surely they’ve got enough stashed away now, to pay for the next few generations.
With regards to events this weekend, hope all those that wish to celebrate genuinely have a good time. Whether its the Olympics, The Queen’s Jubilee or even the Eurovision Song Contest[emoji846], anything that brings groups of people together (families, friends, neighbours & complete strangers) can only be a good thing. There’s enough shite going on in the world at the moment, if it means a weekend of the pubs being full, people organising street parties or enjoying a picnic in the park together, I’m all for it.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Thank you, I remember that investigation. As I recall, not a single other paper, or broadcast media chose to pick up

that story, or run it.  The so-called royals are the relics of the days of the robber barons. The finery, titles,  patronages just

put a gloss on it. They should all be swept away.

Edited by beefybake