West Region fixtures "to March"

glensmad

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No complaints here , the guy had 4 league fixtures arranged for us in advance if our cup game on Saturday was on , nothing the guy can do about mental weather , Scottish cup continues to be the big obstacle in December; January and February if the poor weather hits for a few weeks

I wondered when this old chestnut would raise its head again. No bad it must have been a couple of weeks it hasn't been mentioned even though we have come at the subject from different angle[emoji42]Very ingenious OP.I wonder how we will raise the subject in future. Answers in a SAE to Scott Robertson c/o SJFA

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

No fixtures issued. 

The exact wording from the amendment to the constitution that was voted in by a landslide in the summer was:

“A Fixture List shall be prepared by the Regional Secretary and issued to clubs at the AGM detailing scheduled league matches from the commencement of the season until the end of the calendar year. A subsequent fixture list shall be issued no later than 30th November each year detailing scheduled league fixtures from the New Year to the end of the season.

Re-scheduled fixtures due to postponements or cup ties shall be arranged for the earliest feasible date.”

Insert new regulation 23 (b)  

“For season 2017/18 the Regional Secretary shall produce a fixture list, by no later than 31st August for the period October to December; by no later than 30th November for the period January to March; and by no later than 28th February for the period April to the end of the season.”

Very disappointing this time frame has been missed yet again.

Surely it is more than 'disappointing'. Is there nothing in the constitution that provides for disciplinary action to be taken if he does not abide by a democratically passed motion?

If there isn't, then voting on motions is pointless if he can just disregard them.

Anyone who fails to do what there paid to do get sacked except for this nutter. It's an indictment of just how poorly run it is and the contempt shown by him is just unbelievable. Expect the fixtures to be out Monday wouldn't surprise me if there already done but he's holding onto them as f**k you I, ll decide when I release them.

To be fair, perhaps he is waiting for the outcome of this weekend's re-scheduled Scottish Junior Cup games to see which teams make it to round 4.

Had the games gone ahead as scheduled last week he would already have that knowledge and been able to publish fixtures which wouldn't need tweaking.

We'll see what arrives in the early part of next week, if not before.

Archived