• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
NorthernLights

Local Council c***s

Just now, shuggz said:

Lack of flexibility...new housing estates and the like being built post war could have bus transport almost instantly,without any major infrastructure having to be built,Also operational problems with older tram networks using "middle of the carriageway"stopping,causing a lot of congestion as other traffic could not pass a stopped tram.Breakdowns in a tram system will result in a whole line(or system)having to be closed,whereas a bus broken down causes very little congestion in the grand scheme, as other traffic can normally get by,and buses can be rerouted when required,trams cannot.

So why are they being reintroduced?

23 hours ago, shuggz said:

Vanity,basically.

Probably. I couldn't think of any practical reason for their reintroduction, just wondered if there was one.

The off road line to the west of Haymarket could have been guided busway for a fraction of the cost...but that doesn't look so good.

Edinburgh to ban cars from yet to be selected roads on selected days. The war on the motorist continues.

1 minute ago, capybara said:

Edinburgh to ban cars from yet to be selected roads on selected days. The war on the motorist continues.

I detest Edinburgh City Council.  A bigger shower of inept, money wasting c***s anywhere would be hard too find.

Its on selected Sundays id read the same as Paris.Basically its only in the city centre

1 hour ago, capybara said:

I had a lovely tete a tete with a cyclist in the middle of Edinburgh yesterday. The poor millennial had to pull over and do that fanning you face with two hands at one point. Lol.

Suspended north-east Tory’s 16th Century castle repossessed

A definite local council c**t.  He owed thousands in unpaid council tax.  He claimed he was on the "go slow" with it as a protest over corruption in the banking sector.  What Aberdeenshire council has to do with banking corruption I do not know.

Missed council tax Conservative councillor suspended by party for a year

32 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Suspended north-east Tory’s 16th Century castle repossessed

A definite local council c**t.  He owed thousands in unpaid council tax.  He claimed he was on the "go slow" with it as a protest over corruption in the banking sector.  What Aberdeenshire council has to do with banking corruption I do not know.

Missed council tax Conservative councillor suspended by party for a year

ygritte from game of thrones da I think. 

Tories, what are they like ?! 

Aberdeen Art Gallery was closed in 2015 for refurbishment.  As per usual for Aberdeen City Council the project is massively behind schedule and one suspects over budget too.

It was originally meant to reopen in late 2017, that changed to late 2018/early 2019 and today that has become late 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-45680202

Meanwhile they are getting so desperate for funds that staff are holding raffles to make money for it.

Aberdeen art gallery work delayed for a year- and staff sell raffle tickets to fund revamp

In the time we've spent trying to refurbish an art gallery, Dundee has build a brand new modern museum in less time.

On 21/09/2018 at 12:47, GTG_03 said:

ygritte from game of thrones da I think. 

Tories, what are they like ?! 

Hopefully a dragon will burn down his castle then he will get overrun by white walkers.

6 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

It was hilarious tbh. There was little disruption apart from a few colleagues having to take earlier lunches on Flexi. The Council even coned off a nice wee route for the protest to follow :lol:

This has been quite a big deal in Angus though, featuring the full spectrum of utter fuckwittery from the population. My favourites so far being:

• "The banks will soon cotton on to the cashless system and start charging for transactions under £5!!!!1111"
  • "I'm disgusted at the impact this will have on local shops"
  • "As a protest I'm going to go to Dundee for my shopping. I'm not giving Angus Council a penny"  (Same person as previous comment)
  • "Older folk don't know how to use debit cards"

Voters are morons. Which is why we now have several Tory Councillors, none of whom campaigned on local issues. 

On the other hand Angus Council have, totally predictably, implemented the scheme in shambolic fashion. 

On a similar theme the Inverness Courier gives full backing to any Tory accountant who full blown lies on Facebook about how central arts project funding could be spent on filling pot holes or stopping babies dying instead.