NorthernLights

Local Council c***s

6 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

And what does a deputy lieutenant actually do?

I imagine being paid will be high on the agenda.

On 15/12/2017 at 18:05, Granny Danger said:

Aberdeen have a Provost called Barney Crockett?  Minter.  :lol:

It not just great names it their backgrounds too.

Prior to Barney the city had Len Ironside, now ex-councillor and ex-wrestler, more Mick McManus than Hulk Hogan.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/1078723/aberdeens-longest-serving-councillor-to-stand-down-in-may/

Aberdeen City Council have been criticised after giving Uber a licence to operate in Aberdeen after what could be described as a less then thorough public consultation.  They said there were no objections so it didn't need to go to a committee.  The only public notice of the application was place at the bottom of an office window.

_99510499_ubernotice2976.jpg

_99507994_ubernotice2.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-42606973

I've used Uber before in Glasgow and prefer it to the normal taxis so getting the option to use them in Aberdeen is something I'm open to but this doesn't make either Uber or Aberdeen CC look good.

4 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Aberdeen City Council have been criticised after giving Uber a licence to operate in Aberdeen after what could be described as a less then thorough public consultation.  They said there were no objections so it didn't need to go to a committee.  The only public notice of the application was place at the bottom of an office window.

_99510499_ubernotice2976.jpg

_99507994_ubernotice2.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-42606973

I've used Uber before in Glasgow and prefer it to the normal taxis so getting the option to use them in Aberdeen is something I'm open to but this doesn't make either Uber or Aberdeen CC look good.

No it doesnt but i took a taxi in the toon today  just to hear the whiiiiiinnnggggeeee

Tbf in the list of shit that Uber or Aberdeen CC has done this is way way down at the bottom.

Can’t sympathise too much with Aberdonian taxi drivers. Used to come off the rigs where you would be picked up sometimes in a bloody 7 series, their rates were far higher than I was used too and then they started to plead poverty when the oil price slumped. Probably shouldn't have spunked it on a high end BMW lease when a skoda would have sufficed. 

Edited by gannonball

40 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Appreciate this isn't local to many P&Bers and isn't *technically* a local council rather an elected Mayor but - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-42626014

Valuable use of public resources IMO.

Bizarrely, this is local to me and I was going to post this myself. I'd argue there's bigger things to worry about in the city rather than a transfer of the team you support.

So...the head of our local councils dead.

Be interesting to see what happens now,

Call it a hunch but I reckon a funeral service followed by soup and sandwiches at a nearby hotel.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

So...the head of our local councils dead.

Be interesting to see what happens now,

There will be a by election. The Tories will win. Carry on as usual.

Progress for SNP would be, as in Perth City South, winning most 1st preferences.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-43518679

I remember a long time ago arriving in Munich, fresh off the train and trying to get my bearings.  A taxi driver asked if he could help, and then when he heard my accent (and terrible attempt at German) where I was from.  Turns out he had been part of a group that had come to Aberdeen for the Youth Festival, and had nothing but nice things to say about it.  He gave us a free lift to the best hostel in the city.  

Guess we don't need that anymore :(

On 1/10/2018 at 22:33, gannonball said:

Can’t sympathise too much with Aberdonian taxi drivers. Used to come off the rigs where you would be picked up sometimes in a bloody 7 series, their rates were far higher than I was used too and then they started to plead poverty when the oil price slumped. Probably shouldn't have spunked it on a high end BMW lease when a skoda would have sufficed. 

Got charged £6.70 for a taxi (during snow of 2010/11 winter admittedly, but not the worst of it) fae the train station to Schoolhill - for those not versed in distances of Aberdeen, imagine St Enoch Centre to slightly past Cowcaddens subway.

Needed a taxi as ma case had a hole in it, before anyone asks.

Edited by Sunrise

Aberdeen CC are partly pedestrianising Broad Street, right outside their HQ and their Marshial Square development.    

From March 2017...

Aberdeen’s Broad Street to close until October

Now it won't open till July (maybe)

Aberdeen’s Broad Street to remain shut for two more months

Midlothian Council want to fine me for parking near my gaff, the c***s.

I called them up just now, and was put through to The Conservative Group - WTF? :blink:

On 5/7/2018 at 13:17, NorthernLights said:

The state of that response from the Labour Councillor :lol: Nothing about apologising for the ongoing delay but make sure to get a wee jab in at the SNP. Pathetic.