Local Council c***s

NorthernLights

Suspended north-east Tory’s 16th Century castle repossessed

A definite local council c**t.  He owed thousands in unpaid council tax.  He claimed he was on the "go slow" with it as a protest over corruption in the banking sector.  What Aberdeenshire council has to do with banking corruption I do not know.

Missed council tax Conservative councillor suspended by party for a year

32 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Suspended north-east Tory’s 16th Century castle repossessed

A definite local council c**t.  He owed thousands in unpaid council tax.  He claimed he was on the "go slow" with it as a protest over corruption in the banking sector.  What Aberdeenshire council has to do with banking corruption I do not know.

Missed council tax Conservative councillor suspended by party for a year

ygritte from game of thrones da I think. 

Tories, what are they like ?! 

Aberdeen Art Gallery was closed in 2015 for refurbishment.  As per usual for Aberdeen City Council the project is massively behind schedule and one suspects over budget too.

It was originally meant to reopen in late 2017, that changed to late 2018/early 2019 and today that has become late 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-45680202

Meanwhile they are getting so desperate for funds that staff are holding raffles to make money for it.

Aberdeen art gallery work delayed for a year- and staff sell raffle tickets to fund revamp

In the time we've spent trying to refurbish an art gallery, Dundee has build a brand new modern museum in less time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

It was hilarious tbh. There was little disruption apart from a few colleagues having to take earlier lunches on Flexi. The Council even coned off a nice wee route for the protest to follow :lol:

This has been quite a big deal in Angus though, featuring the full spectrum of utter fuckwittery from the population. My favourites so far being:

• "The banks will soon cotton on to the cashless system and start charging for transactions under £5!!!!1111"
  • "I'm disgusted at the impact this will have on local shops"
  • "As a protest I'm going to go to Dundee for my shopping. I'm not giving Angus Council a penny"  (Same person as previous comment)
  • "Older folk don't know how to use debit cards"

Voters are morons. Which is why we now have several Tory Councillors, none of whom campaigned on local issues. 

On the other hand Angus Council have, totally predictably, implemented the scheme in shambolic fashion. 

On a similar theme the Inverness Courier gives full backing to any Tory accountant who full blown lies on Facebook about how central arts project funding could be spent on filling pot holes or stopping babies dying instead. 

• 3 months later...

Perth Council have confirmed the following:

School crossing services to be axed.
Primary School swimming lessons to be axed.
Private music tuition costs to increase from £295 per year to £895 per annum.
All grit services outwith the city centre to be reduced.
3 recycling centres to close
Free dog poo bags to be axed.
Gritting in rural communities and roads to be reduced by 20%.

Vote Tory get Tory I guess.
Fucking stupid council.

Just now, mizfit said:

Perth Council have confirmed the following:

School crossing services to be axed.
Primary School swimming lessons to be axed.
Private music tuition costs to increase from £295 per year to £895 per annum.
All grit services outwith the city centre to be reduced.
3 recycling centres to close
Free dog poo bags to be axed.
Gritting in rural communities and roads to be reduced by 20%.

Vote Tory get Tory I guess.
Fucking stupid council.

Are you sure you've not in Angus? Our clusterfuck of a Tory/"Independent" Council are just as bad :lol:

Are you sure you've not in Angus? Our clusterfuck of a Tory/"Independent" Council are just as bad :lol:

One of the councillors has said in private to my girlfriends mother that “footfall in suburban areas clears snow as well as grit does.”

I don’t know how the f**k these people end up in positions of power.

Well indeed. Its like when councils introduce car parking charges to generate revenue then everyone stops using their car parks. We really do elect our best and brightest to local government.
Exactly this has happened in Angus. The incompetence is hilarious. Introducing cashless parking meters in an area with a high percentage of OAPs was one absolute doozy.

• 1 month later...