Local Council c***s

NorthernLights

Just now, welshbairn said:

Hopefully there's some inconsequential bill that the SNP could abstain on to push universal delivery charges through while the DNP still matter.

If (and that's a big if) the Tories introduce such a measure, why would the SNP abstain? They've pushed for it for years.

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

If (and that's a big if) the Tories introduce such a measure, why would the SNP abstain? They've pushed for it for years.

I meant if the SNP could block or assist another bill in return for forcing through universal delivery charges. Politics.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I meant if the SNP could block or assist another bill in return for forcing through universal delivery charges. Politics.

This is Westminster we're talking about. If the Tories & DUP decide to support a government bill, it doesn't matter a toss what the SNP decide to do.

As I suggest above, I think it's unlikely that the DUP/Conservative agreement will last long enough to push this through, and that the Tories will parrot the 'we have no parliamentary time due to Brexit" line for as long as they can. 

As soon as they are either out of power or in a position where they don't need DUP votes, they will forget all about this.

Was it not the previous SNP administration that brought in the bin charge ?

Councils of various hues now seem to spend most of their time 'rubber stamping' policies of council officers.

It's about time some of these councillors grew a pair and stood up for the electorate now and again.
Yup. It's been quite funny seeing our Tory councillors using the seethe over that to get elected in several wards, and then not only doing nothing about it, but actually introducing even greater cuts to the recycling service.

Parcel costs will be all down  to Douglas Ross the part time mp and full time assistant ref,which the tories will trumpet in westminster of course.......In much the same way the police vat bill was down the the scots tories and in no way connected to various regions in England about to do the same with there forces ;)

7 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Nice. A fire exit. Great to see H&S is paramount in Fife. I certainly don't want to see anyone on fire and neither do Fifers. 

Tell that to the various villagers currently assembling giant Wicker Men

34 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
37 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:
And what does a deputy lieutenant actually do?

Deputise?

For somebody who's renting a toilet?

Edit: That is possibly the worst 'joke' in the history of P&B. I should be ashamed of myself. 

Edited by Suspect Device

56 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

And what does a deputy lieutenant actually do?

He'll be going round on behalf of the queen congratulating folk on reaching 100 or reaching their Diamond Wedding anniversary.

I wish I was reaching either of the above just in the hope he'd turn up so I could tell him to f*ck off.

1 hour ago, gkneil said:

He'll be going round on behalf of the queen congratulating folk on reaching 100 or reaching their Diamond Wedding anniversary.

I wish I was reaching either of the above just in the hope he'd turn up so I could tell him to f*ck off.

There's got to be a racket somewhere with these c***s. £500 expenses when he puts his hat on?

On 15/12/2017 at 18:05, Granny Danger said:

Aberdeen have a Provost called Barney Crockett?  Minter.  :lol:

It not just great names it their backgrounds too.

Prior to Barney the city had Len Ironside, now ex-councillor and ex-wrestler, more Mick McManus than Hulk Hogan.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/1078723/aberdeens-longest-serving-councillor-to-stand-down-in-may/

• 2 weeks later...

Aberdeen City Council have been criticised after giving Uber a licence to operate in Aberdeen after what could be described as a less then thorough public consultation.  They said there were no objections so it didn't need to go to a committee.  The only public notice of the application was place at the bottom of an office window.

_99510499_ubernotice2976.jpg

_99507994_ubernotice2.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-42606973

I've used Uber before in Glasgow and prefer it to the normal taxis so getting the option to use them in Aberdeen is something I'm open to but this doesn't make either Uber or Aberdeen CC look good.

4 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Aberdeen City Council have been criticised after giving Uber a licence to operate in Aberdeen after what could be described as a less then thorough public consultation.  They said there were no objections so it didn't need to go to a committee.  The only public notice of the application was place at the bottom of an office window.

_99510499_ubernotice2976.jpg

_99507994_ubernotice2.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-42606973

I've used Uber before in Glasgow and prefer it to the normal taxis so getting the option to use them in Aberdeen is something I'm open to but this doesn't make either Uber or Aberdeen CC look good.

No it doesnt but i took a taxi in the toon today  just to hear the whiiiiiinnnggggeeee

Can’t sympathise too much with Aberdonian taxi drivers. Used to come off the rigs where you would be picked up sometimes in a bloody 7 series, their rates were far higher than I was used too and then they started to plead poverty when the oil price slumped. Probably shouldn't have spunked it on a high end BMW lease when a skoda would have sufficed. 

Edited by gannonball