Local Council c***s

NorthernLights

3 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Nothing, anywhere will beat this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-11664558

_49737261_6c013a10-1f3f-4b34-82ac-41fc2d

An enclosed play area for a teenage pupil with learning difficulties and autism, which was described as a "cage" by his MSP, has been removed. The 18-year-old's parents raised funds for a safe play area at the Nicolson Institute in Stornoway, on Lewis.
Western Isles Council - Comhairle nan Eilean Siar - said it wanted to apologise unreservedly to the family.

I mean, at some point there must have been a meeting where they agreed that that was a good idea.

Holy f*ck that’s  hillarious as it is harrowing.  Not suprised its Lewis though.

21 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Angus switched to Tory control in May. Absolute shambles so far emoji38.png They've managed to f**k up the recycling centres and close numerous other services, including help for the deaf and potentially a dementia day care service. Three of them were elected on "No to a second referendum" with literally no other policies and now genuinely have no idea what they're doing.

One must also add that our new MP is airheaded fuckwit Kirstene Hair.

Tremendous emoji38.png

Our new Tory administration are doing same in Perthshire.

I hope they push it through before realising land fill tax and loss of grants for hitting recycling targets massively outweighs any savings.

6 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Some students in conjunction with the uni are trying to get planning permission to renovate a derilct property into a student pub on the High St. It looks like it's going to get rejected due to some of the shite the NIMBYs have put on the the Council website.

"The University students will probably take up vandalism." was my personal favourite, considering the sentence previous was "It would mean that the St Machar Bar would lose customers"

Those two statements completely contradict one another.

https://publicaccess.aberdeencity.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=ORJ7SEBZLKH00

Aberdeen City Council are a shower of shite.

To be fair, it's a poorly thought through idea - it's a listed granite building right opposite King's College between the catholic chaplaincy (with resident priests) and a private house. It's not derelict, but for some reason the university stopped renting it out years ago. Considering the Student Hub is just around the corner, they could just reopen the bar in there or even in the  sports pavilion. I'm an Aberdeen graduate and still think it's not a workable plan. The worst thing the students association did was closing the Gallowgate union years ago, even that's still mostly abandoned.

10 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

To be fair, it's a poorly thought through idea - it's a listed granite building right opposite King's College between the catholic chaplaincy (with resident priests) and a private house. It's not derelict, but for some reason the university stopped renting it out years ago. Considering the Student Hub is just around the corner, they could just reopen the bar in there or even in the  sports pavilion. I'm an Aberdeen graduate and still think it's not a workable plan. The worst thing the students association did was closing the Gallowgate union years ago, even that's still mostly abandoned.

I never saw the point of having a union that was miles away from the main campus or halls of residence to be honest. Once you've trekked in all the way from Hillhead, there's plenty of other places in town to go to which are more appealing. 

37 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I never saw the point of having a union that was miles away from the main campus or halls of residence to be honest. Once you've trekked in all the way from Hillhead, there's plenty of other places in town to go to which are more appealing. 

I may have slightly addled memories of the union, given the cheapness of the drink, but it was always rammed in my early student days. Used to get some good acts in the Loft, spin-the-wheel night in Sivells (with the fantastic murals) was awesome. The rot set in when (this is just my opinion) the Students' Association stopped holding event there because (allegedly) they got backhanders from Liquid nighclub and other places. It then started to be randomly closed during the week, so you'd never know if you'd get in. Numbers just tailed off after that and it was shut within a year. There was that brief attempt at opening the place on Littlejohn Street, but that died a death as well. There's the old Central Refectory in Old Aberdeen that got done up into the Student Hub, apparently it has a bar, but it shuts at six!

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Our new Tory administration are doing same in Perthshire.

I hope they push it through before realising land fill tax and loss of grants for hitting recycling targets massively outweighs any savings.

Our lot sound even less organised. We've still got 3.5 years left of this farce :lol:

Are you in the Carse of Gowrie ward? I seem to remember ripping the pish out of the local Tory Councillor in the Courier a while back. He was an utterly duplicitous c**t. 

10 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

I may have slightly addled memories of the union, given the cheapness of the drink, but it was always rammed in my early student days. Used to get some good acts in the Loft, spin-the-wheel night in Sivells (with the fantastic murals) was awesome. The rot set in when (this is just my opinion) the Students' Association stopped holding event there because (allegedly) they got backhanders from Liquid nighclub and other places. It then started to be randomly closed during the week, so you'd never know if you'd get in. Numbers just tailed off after that and it was shut within a year. There was that brief attempt at opening the place on Littlejohn Street, but that died a death as well. There's the old Central Refectory in Old Aberdeen that got done up into the Student Hub, apparently it has a bar, but it shuts at six!

The Wheel of Booze - memories! :lol: I had many a drunken night in the old union on both Friday and Saturday nights many years ago. Was gutted when it closed in 2004. I can still remember the sticky floors of the factory and the fantastic decoration inside Sivells. I think they really suffered when more and more folk started pre drinking and just went straight into town to go to a club and bypassed the union. Crazy that the building remains empty over 13 years after it closed.

12 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Tbf you wouldn't think it's even a bar, it's where students get coffee, In the two years here I've not seen one person order a pint from "Union Brew". Atm the Bobbin is acting as the unofficial union.

Edited by Marr1

Tbf you wouldn't think it's even a bar, it's where students get coffee, In the two years here I've not seen one person order a pint from "Union Brew". Atm the Bobbin is acting as the unofficial union.

The Bobbin has always been the "union"

15 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Angus switched to Tory control in May. Absolute shambles so far emoji38.png They've managed to f**k up the recycling centres and close numerous other services, including help for the deaf and potentially a dementia day care service. Three of them were elected on "No to a second referendum" with literally no other policies and now genuinely have no idea what they're doing.

One must also add that our new MP is airheaded fuckwit Kirstene Hair.

Tremendous emoji38.png

She is a fuckwit  of an MP, thick as shite and basically got in on the 'NO means NO' vote, and Mike Weir - whilst of course some won't agree with his party, he was a genuinely good MP who saw behind party lines.

TBH, I couldn't give a shit about the council, its quite funny though seeing them fucking up things. The No Surrender Angus types voted for this, so let them have their cake. I feel for the ones who didn't vote for them, but maybe in 3 and a bit years, they'll vote them out.

I mind of the 'Angus Alliance' crisis, and they took down the Saltires for the Angus flag.  :lol:

Edited by Kejan

She is a fuckwit and they are making a pig's ear of it running the council.
TBH, I couldn't give a shit. The No Surrender Angus types voted for this, so let them have their cake. I feel for the ones who didn't vote for them, but maybe in 3 and a bit years, they'll vote them out.
I mind of the 'Angus Alliance' crisis, and they took down the Saltires for the Angus flag.  [emoji4]

Aye that was a total primary School level shambles. The Rainbow Alliance set about binning everything the previous council had done pretty much out of spite.

15 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Nothing, anywhere will beat this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-11664558

_49737261_6c013a10-1f3f-4b34-82ac-41fc2d

An enclosed play area for a teenage pupil with learning difficulties and autism, which was described as a "cage" by his MSP, has been removed. The 18-year-old's parents raised funds for a safe play area at the Nicolson Institute in Stornoway, on Lewis.
Western Isles Council - Comhairle nan Eilean Siar - said it wanted to apologise unreservedly to the family.

I mean, at some point there must have been a meeting where they agreed that that was a good idea.

You could get a great game of 1 on 1  fitba in that...

Didn't someone die in the old Aberdeen Union and that was why it got closed?

I don't remember that. My experience was it was mismanaged by the students' association, started to close during the day and mid week and then shut altogether.

Even RGU union is shut now. It's a farce that there's no student union in a city with as many students as Aberdeen. With Aberdeen Uni, RGU and the College there must be at least 30,000 students.

I don't understand why the Central Refectory hasn't been upgraded into a proper union, if the students are complaining of a lack of 'student' pubs around Old Aberdeen. Although the fact there's the Bobbin, St Machar Bar and Red Lion within a couple of hundred metres of King's College says to me there's not a lack of drinking provision...

2 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I don't remember that. My experience was it was mismanaged by the students' association, started to close during the day and mid week and then shut altogether.

Even RGU union is shut now. It's a farce that there's no student union in a city with as many students as Aberdeen. With Aberdeen Uni, RGU and the College there must be at least 30,000 students.

I don't understand why the Central Refectory hasn't been upgraded into a proper union, if the students are complaining of a lack of 'student' pubs around Old Aberdeen. Although the fact there's the Bobbin, St Machar Bar and Red Lion within a couple of hundred metres of King's College says to me there's not a lack of drinking provision...

Someone died in Exodus many years ago I remember that.