Congratualtions Harry & Meghan

Romeo

1 hour ago, HTG said:

These comparison pieces hit the nail on the head for me. I've got zero interest in the wider shitshow but this sort of media bullying is something we see on repeat in this country.

Fjge-9HXoAAvFuD.jpeg.jpgFjge-9CWYAMb7ql.jpeg.jpg

Fjge-9HWYAAd28y.jpeg.jpg

That Meghan avocado headline is sensational and I had to google it to make sure it wasn’t a fake. The opening paragraph of the article is just as good.

“The pregnant Duchess of Sussex and so-called “avocado on toast whisperer” is wolfing down a fruit linked to water shortages, illegal deforestation and all round general environmental devastation.”

1 minute ago, ArabGaz said:

That Meghan avocado headline is sensational and I had to google it to make sure it wasn’t a fake. The opening paragraph of the article is just as good.

“The pregnant Duchess of Sussex and so-called “avocado on toast whisperer” is wolfing down a fruit linked to water shortages, illegal deforestation and all round general environmental devastation.”

Imagine having to write this kind of stuff for a living. 

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah that’s where I am as well I think. I haven’t paid much attention in general but to start with felt really sorry for Meghan getting so much abuse and being the subject of a lot of racist abuse and the disgusting attention of Piers Morgan.

That’s kind of waned since they had the option to go and live the quiet life they talked about wanting but now seem to spend their time earning money by bitching about the Royal family. So now it’s kind of an “Everyone’s a c**t here” situation. 

The only way is Sussex!

I haven't watched it and don't plan to but the seethe they've created among the Royal loving Gammons and nonse enablers is fantastic.

They are the ones I'd keep as Royals, the rest can f**k off.

5 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah that’s where I am as well I think. I haven’t paid much attention in general but to start with felt really sorry for Meghan getting so much abuse and being the subject of a lot of racist abuse and the disgusting attention of Piers Morgan.

That’s kind of waned since they had the option to go and live the quiet life they talked about wanting but now seem to spend their time earning money by bitching about the Royal family. So now it’s kind of an “Everyone’s a c**t here” situation. 

That's sums up where I'm at too. I don't get what's to be gained any more. 

I said this in the monarchy thread as well, but the Tories must be fucking loving this

The whole thing is ideal for a corrupt, incompetent government though, as the media and plebs take their eye off the cuntery of the Tories to complain that that American infiltrator didn't just sit there and take the racist abuse like she should have

Apparently there’s a theory that the media first turned against her as a way to distract from the rumours about Baldy Prince Billy getting pegged by the horsey wumman and they just ran with it from there. I’m with everyone else tho, the amount of seethe she induces is magnificent and if I’m ever in LA she won’t need to buy a beer all night. 

Anything that is bad for the royal family is pretty much good for society as a whole, so bring on any scandal or disastrous headline. Trust me, there is plenty that doesn't make it to the public.

That said, without being Prince, Harry would be a complete nobody who cheated at an art exam. Everything he gets now is solely because of the institution he thinks is bullying him and his wife (he cares when it happens to them, not the fact they have been robbing the country blind for centuries).

So f**k em both. But the royal family especially.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Anything that is bad for the royal family is pretty much good for society as a whole, so bring on any scandal or disastrous headline. Trust me, there is plenty that doesn't make it to the public.

That said, without being Prince, Harry would be a complete nobody who cheated at an art exam. Everything he gets now is solely because of the institution he thinks is bullying him and his wife (he cares when it happens to them, not the fact they have been robbing the country blind for centuries).

So f**k em both. But the royal family especially.

I almost agree with all of that, except I'd take the word "especially" out of that last sentence.

I just don't get it folk white knighting Harry when he is a part of the institution that is so hated by them. It's not like he has had some kind of ephiphany and wants to take them down because of what they stand for - they've both been fighting tooth and nail to remain as part of "the firm" (fucking embarrassing name in itself) and to retain their privilege yet, as I say, some would have the pair as the good guys in the scenario. There are no good guys in this story.  

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I almost agree with all of that, except I'd take the word "especially" out of that last sentence.

I just don't get it folk white knighting Harry when he is a part of the institution that is so hated by them. It's not like he has had some kind of ephiphany and wants to take them down because of what they stand for - they've both been fighting tooth and nail to remain as part of "the firm" (fucking embarrassing name in itself) and to retain their privilege yet, as I say, some would have the pair as the good guys in the scenario. There are no good guys in this story.  

Fair, the reason they hate Meghan Markle is that she has actually achieved something in her life that wasn't being born, or getting married to someone who was born into fame.

Must really hurt them.

Harry would have been a complete nobody who wouldn't have a shot with her were he not royalty. The exact kind of public school idiot there are plenty of around, with extra racism thrown in.