Congratualtions Harry & Meghan

Romeo

47 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

My preference when Scotland is Independent would be a republic.

However I would be tempted to invite Harry and Megan as our Head of State just to see the ‘heads gone’ reaction from Mail and Express readers! 😂

All hail the ginger one.

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

However I would be tempted to invite Harry and Megan as our Head of State just to see the ‘heads gone’ reaction from Mail and Express readers! 😂

Don't think I can curtsy.

I think we're finally hitting the endgame with H&M pointing to the fact that their official leaving statement didn't mention privacy - it was always about control and the amount of money that would entail and they seem to be doing well keeping their brand profile/income high.

As Oscar Wilde said "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about".

27 minutes ago, btb said:

I think we're finally hitting the endgame with H&M pointing to the fact that their official leaving statement didn't mention privacy - it was always about control and the amount of money that would entail and they seem to be doing well keeping their brand profile/income high.

As Oscar Wilde said "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about".

That's plenty Piers

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

That's plenty Piers

Completely the opposite I salute them, unlike Michelle Mone they've hurt no-one, but let's not pretend it's not about the money even I'm Piers will be getting well paid.

I'm ambivalent towards these 2 people but on the basis that folk might find them hard to like it's useful to look at who's feeling very upset by them. 

When you see that the "upset group" includes Piers Moron, the right wing media, Tory MPs and a host of OFTWs, I think that on balance, they're ok. 

3 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

"And as The Sons win the League title for ten in a row people are beginning to wonder if the Scottish Head of State, the Duke of Dumbarton, is having an undue influence..."

1 hour ago, btb said:

I think they must know their time in the spotlight is limited and they're cashing in while they can, the Netflix. book and podcast deals could be netting them £200 million. That will fund their private jet lifestyle and security cost for a good while.

A despicable pair of money grubbing/hypocritical/parasites these two are. Ginger nut probably knows the truth about who his father is, hence the reason he's not giving a f**k about throwing them under the bus. That and the 200 million.

tumblr_mmupjeSpLr1s5e5bko1_500.gif

On 10/12/2022 at 18:39, Satoshi said:

Fair, the reason they hate Meghan Markle is that she has actually achieved something in her life that wasn't being born, or getting married to someone who was born into fame.

Must really hurt them.

Harry would have been a complete nobody who wouldn't have a shot with her were he not royalty. The exact kind of public school idiot there are plenty of around, with extra racism thrown in.

I don't really think there is any envy of her, just plain and simple bemusement that she doesn't understand the "system" and accept it and work within it and enjoy the boundless privileges it brings .  They simply do not get it that she and Harry are challenging the untouchable that is the Royal Family. 

My wife put this on yesterday. Watched the first episode and that was enough.

Not the couple per se, but the whole premise of the documentary. if you showed it to someone who had never been to the UK, you'd get some impression of the place. White nationalist marches everywhere, feral newspapers racially attacking everyone, riots. They took a grain of truth and exaggerated and inflated it.

The wife said "they aren't coming across well here", and that is something of an understatement.

On 10/12/2022 at 11:58, btb said:

It’s weird that they’d probably have less attention and media intrusion if they’d stayed within the Royal Family and just asked the Queen if they could go on some low-key overseas duties or something. Most of the rest of the royals now tend to have a lot less coverage and you barely hear about the likes of Princess Anne’s kids, or Prince Edward and his family at all. 

I think it’s fairly obvious it’s not got that much to do with privacy from the media or any of that. maybe they just see it as an angle to cash in on.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

It’s weird that they’d probably have less attention and media intrusion if they’d stayed within the Royal Family and just asked the Queen if they could go on some low-key overseas duties or something. Most of the rest of the royals now tend to have a lot less coverage and you barely hear about the likes of Princess Anne’s kids, or Prince Edward and his family at all. 

I think it’s fairly obvious it’s not got that much to do with privacy from the media or any of that. maybe they just see it as an angle to cash in on.

It was always about the money, they obviously knew how much the market was worth and are clearly smarter than they usually get credit for, plenty of dosh and they've not had to reveal anything we didn't already know so far.

Like I said above they're not stealing money from anyone and the only thing being hurt is an institution I've no respect for.

Episodes 4,5&6 later in the week and undoubtedly a cliffhanger for Series2.

PS - I don't have Netflix, so I'll have wait and see if their revelations reach the general media. :whistle

Edited by btb

On 10/12/2022 at 13:47, tamthebam said:

"And as The Sons win the League title for ten in a row people are beginning to wonder if the Scottish Head of State, the Duke of Dumbarton, is having an undue influence..."

I could endorse this.

23 hours ago, btb said:

PS - I don't have Netflix, so I'll have wait and see if their revelations reach the general media. :whistle

There is absolutely nothing (at least so far) that you won't have read about or heard already - you're missing nothing. 

I still watched it though, and will watch the next batch too! 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

There is absolutely nothing (at least so far) that you won't have read about or heard already - you're missing nothing. 

I still watched it though, and will watch the next batch too! 

Is there plenty of lingering shots of Meghan or does it keep flicking from her to Hewitt. Could be a tough w**k.