Congratualtions Harry & Meghan

Romeo

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Harry was more of a Napier type. Kate is the sort that would metoo the likes of me by physically checking what was under the kilt at the frequent toff balls.

I think at St. Andrew's, toff balls are exactly what she'd have been checking under the kilt for.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I think at St. Andrew's, toff balls are exactly what she'd have been checking under the kilt for.

It’s a shame our paths didn’t cross as they started just after I graduated. They could have been my academic children and would likely have turned out very different people. 

28 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It’s a shame our paths didn’t cross as they started just after I graduated. They could have been my academic children and would likely have turned out very different people. 

Inability to use a stepladder, walking into doors, tripping over everyday objects................however, at least they would get to spend more time with everyday proles due to the amount of time they'd be spending in A+E.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sounds like absolute Walter Mitty stuff.

What, from a prince?

Brought up with unimaginable wealth?

Parachuted (no pun intended) straight into an Apache helicopter?

Who then went on to marry an American actress?

The fact that the guy is still able to dictate his version of events to a willing ghostwriter is just about an achievement in itself…

7 hours ago, 101 said:

Struggling to see how anything the press and getting excited about is "news"

Tbf, giving the Taliban loads of lovely propaganda material in talking about killing them in that way is sort of newsworthy. The rest is decidedly Meh. 

I just can’t believe anyone thought saying any of this shit in a book, was a good idea. Does he not have any advisers that are saying “This is probably a bad idea”? 

Edited by Jambomo

4 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Tbf, giving the Taliban loads of lovely propaganda material in talking about killing them in that way is sort of newsworthy. The rest is decidedly Meh. 

I just can’t believe anyone thought saying any of this shit in a book, was a good idea. Does he not have any advisers that are saying “This is probably a bad idea”? 

Did anyone think he wasn't killing them? Harry wasn't in Afghanistan on a Gap Year.

Obviously millitary loyalists would rather keep what actually happened in the War on Terror a bit quiet but I don't see why Harry or any soldier shouldn't speak about what they have done. Either from pride or from shame, they shouldn't be silenced.

It is part of Harry's role in the Royal Family. If he wasn't a Royal would he even have joined the army? How does he deal with the fact he killed 25 people as part of upholding the monarchy he no longer wants to be part of.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve not really been following this, but if the royal family is really unhappy with Harry then why not have a quiet word with his dad?

Could “the family” not just find a tunnel near Montecito, Santa Barbara and have a car chase with some paparazzi?

17 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Not that I have been following it that closely but has there been much fall out from that side of things, I would hope not as the British press absolutely love the war on terror almost as much as they have a raging hard on for the war on drugs.

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Did anyone think he wasn't killing them? Harry wasn't in Afghanistan on a Gap Year.

Obviously millitary loyalists would rather keep what actually happened in the War on Terror a bit quiet but I don't see why Harry or any soldier shouldn't speak about what they have done. Either from pride or from shame, they shouldn't be silenced.

It is part of Harry's role in the Royal Family. If he wasn't a Royal would he even have joined the army? How does he deal with the fact he killed 25 people as part of upholding the monarchy he no longer wants to be part of.

I think saying they were like chess pieces and talking about numbers is pretty disrespectful tbh.

It’s one thing to talk about personal experiences there and I am sure nobody thought he wasn’t killing people, but the tone and way you talk about it matters quite a lot I think.

It’s the difference between saying “this is what happened” and the Taliban being able to say “This is what they think of us”.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Not that I have been following it that closely but has there been much fall out from that side of things, I would hope not as the British press absolutely love the war on terror almost as much as they have a raging hard on for the war on drugs.

The press just said that senior Taliban leaders were using it in social media posts they made. I don’t know how much impact that will have but it just seems really unnecessary to say it at all.