Congratualtions Harry & Meghan

Romeo

4 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The Brexit / Middle England / Daily Express types won't like him getting involved with someone who's not white.

The #MAGA lot in the US of A are positively seething, which is nice.

The daily mail already tried to get her binned off by being extremely racist towards her writing an article about her which the 'prince' then rightly so called them out on.

While I'm here, do we have to pay anything for this seeing as it's in their private house, on a normal day and its the marriage of someone whos the half-brother of a royal and not in direct line to the throne, or will we rather depressingly have to pay through the nose when we can even give Manchester enough to cover the costs of dealing with a terror event or the victims of Grenfell a new permanent house. :thumbsdown

Edited by Adam101

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:15, Wee Bully said:

She is a Roman Catholic, so who knows?

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:16, Sweet Pete said:

Gonnae be bedlam in their hoose on old firm day, eh? HH WATP

FWIW she's a Protestant. She attended an RC secondary school, seemingly.

In their rush to gush all over everything bring us the cutting-edge of this highly important story it seems media put 2+2 together = 5. Quick search indicates her parents are both Protestants - indeed her father's an Anglican.

Edited by HibeeJibee

On sports talk radio they were discussing how the morning news shows in the US interrupted their programs for the breaking news that Harry was engaged. Apparently they literally stopped the interviews in the middle. They were wondering if he's the only person in the whole world whose engagement would get that treatment in the US.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 20:30, jagfox99 said:

The #MAGA lot in the US of A are positively seething, which is nice.

I didn't even know she was half black from the photos until I started to see all the headlines about it. 

1 hour ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

I didn't even know she was half black from the photos until I started to see all the headlines about it. 

I still don't know who the lassie is tbf :lol:

• 1 month later...

One good thing might come from this - pubs might get to open later on the night before and of the Scottish Cup Final.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42595480

Presumably it’ll be up to individual councils in Scotland. I can’t remember if any pubs here stayed open longer on the other two occasions mentioned. 

There is something incredibly sad, disturbing and depressing about a hereditary monarchy still having legitimacy in a Western representative democracy in 2017.
Recent polls and the national census have, thankfully, shown society to be increasingly turning it’s back on organised religion but we seem to be unable to collectively shrug off our obsession with self imposed serfdom.

The Rangers

On 30/11/2017 at 06:24, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

On sports talk radio they were discussing how the morning news shows in the US interrupted their programs for the breaking news that Harry was engaged. Apparently they literally stopped the interviews in the middle. They were wondering if he's the only person in the whole world whose engagement would get that treatment in the US.

Ssshh,  they've not told Philip.

5 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

The last royal wedding, Took my day off and went up to Corrour on the train. The place in Trainspotting. Stayed from Friday to Monday and missed the whole fucking lot.

Would it not have just been easier to turn the TV off?