Social Justice Warrior

welshbairn

17 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Nothing wrong with wanting a just society- I’d imagine it’s what most people want.

However, social justice warriors view of what a “just society” is is very particular.

Many of them also appear to ascribe to these social justice ideals as some kind of badge which they can use to publicly demonstrate their superior values and virtue to onlookers, rather than any commitment to having a fair society.

I might be getting all misty eyed and nostalgic, but, I much preferred the 'old skool' do-gooders, still a sense of smugness but at least a veneer of trying to educate those that didn't agree instead of going to the default verbal abuse. 

Remember when it used to be either 

Rik-Mayall-Rick-in-The-Young-Ones.png OR f6f20-6a00d83454428269e2012875762099970c

Now we get this

1344436710-video-game-nerd.jpg Pretending to be this hipster.jpg

Still, everyone gets a good shout so its all good.  :lol:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Nothing wrong with wanting a just society- I’d imagine it’s what most people want.

However, social justice warriors view of what a “just society” is is very particular.

Many of them also appear to ascribe to these social justice ideals as some kind of badge which they can use to publicly demonstrate their superior values and virtue to onlookers, rather than any commitment to having a fair society.

The problem is that their "justice" brings us screwy end results. For instance: We institute affirmative action to help the descendants of slaves get into elite colleges and get a leg up. Ok. Seems fair in a way. The actual end result is a massive amount of the beneficiaries are the children of elite Africans and elite African immigrants (perhaps even sometimes the descendants of the people who sold slaves to America), not the descendants of slaves. And the least likely demographic to attend elite colleges by qualifying test scores are rural, working class white males from the Midwest. But that's "justice" to these people.

Delighted that you chaps are finally catching up to this phenomenon a good half decade after I first raised it ;)

Unsurprising to see so little understanding of the term 'social justice', never mind its demented (reality-allergic) nature, danger, hyper-biased and authoritarian methods/implementation, though ("Wha could possibly no want that, like? 'Social'... 'justice'... is right rare in ra words!").  Right up there with, "Progressive, but! Must be great n'at... 'progress' is right rare in ra words!").

As such, here's a very brief introduction on the topic.

27 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

The problem is that their "justice" brings us screwy end results. For instance: We institute affirmative action to help the descendants of slaves get into elite colleges and get a leg up. Ok. Seems fair in a way. The actual end result is a massive amount of the beneficiaries are the children of elite Africans and elite African immigrants (perhaps even sometimes the descendants of the people who sold slaves to America), not the descendants of slaves. And the least likely demographic to attend elite colleges by qualifying test scores are rural, working class white males from the Midwest. But that's "justice" to these people.

And then those with the leg ups bizarrely end up performing worse than their classmates on average. Which of course is just more evidence of institutional racism/sexism and bias, so even more leg ups and special programs are demanded, compounding the issue. 

It's a brilliant endless money-spinning, victimhooding scam, to be fair.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Why are all conservatives high pitched whiny betas?

I can't listen to any conservative blowhard talk without thinking of Tommy Wiseau "I did naaaat hit her".

There was some racist inadequate proud Aryan round this way the other day greeting about the "violent left matriarchy", because some dame nicked his speech notes.

m8, you've literally just admitted a wee lassie leathered you.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Why are all conservatives high pitched whiny betas?

I can't listen to any conservative blowhard talk without thinking of Tommy Wiseau "I did naaaat hit her".

This is a good post, not only because you are correct but also because you have been posting like a whiny beta in this thread.  

This is a good post, not only because you are correct but also because you have been posting like a whiny beta in this thread.  

Bold words from someone who definitely had to turn to PUA forums after being redpilled on the internet.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Bold words from someone who definitely had to turn to PUA forums after being redpilled on the internet.

Had to google what you were going on about.  A decent effort but incorrect regardless.  

What a desperate existance those guys must live. 

Are you actually trying to get banned now Swampy?

Have a fucking word with yourself [emoji38]

15 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I might be getting all misty eyed and nostalgic, but, I much preferred the 'old skool' do-gooders, still a sense of smugness but at least a veneer of trying to educate those that didn't agree instead of going to the default verbal abuse. 

Remember when it used to be either 

Rik-Mayall-Rick-in-The-Young-Ones.png OR f6f20-6a00d83454428269e2012875762099970c

Now we get this

1344436710-video-game-nerd.jpg Pretending to be this hipster.jpg

Still, everyone gets a good shout so its all good.  :lol:

Who the f. would aspire to being that................................................................................................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

On 2017/11/28 at 14:03, Baxter Parp said:

As far as I can tell it's like "Virtue Signalling", used by right-wing sociopaths who can't understand that other people might be genuinely concerned about the society they live in.

It's often a lot more complicated than that and nobody comes out of it looking very good, in my opinion:

2 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

I think its great that people are well intentioned enough to take part in protest activity etc, but one thing that annoys me is when they actively try to stifle debate. Disrupting debates featuring controversial speakers or even indeed just speakers they dont agree with until almost always the universities back down and apologise, things like that don’t work in the real world nor indeed should they. I’ve always found the best way to win an argument is let the other person speak and tear their falsehoods to shreds with well reasoned non hysterical discussion. Rightly or wrongly the rise of the right has been put down by some sources to being down to people feeling like they aren’t being listened to (I don’t subscribe to this argument and believe it to be overly simple) however Its simplicity makes it easier to attract support to these ideas. The safe space culture is an absolute nonsense, its taken the ability to challenge ideas which others don’t agree with and discuss them or debate them in a constructive manner.

I kinda agree with that. The whole "no platform" thing really plays into their hands and gives them an excuse to pull the victim card out of their sleeve.

18 hours ago, banana said:

Delighted that you chaps are finally catching up to this phenomenon a good half decade after I first raised it ;)

Unsurprising to see so little understanding of the term 'social justice', never mind its demented (reality-allergic) nature, danger, hyper-biased and authoritarian methods/implementation, though ("Wha could possibly no want that, like? 'Social'... 'justice'... is right rare in ra words!").  Right up there with, "Progressive, but! Must be great n'at... 'progress' is right rare in ra words!").

As such, here's a very brief introduction on the topic.

Not taking sides, I'm just hear to point and laugh at the totally delusional and self absorbed types that believe that there isn't an element of self serving in their angst ridden dogma/mantra. Sub cultures trying to point score off each other and anyone who doesn't see the same way is the enemy so fair game. Basically, zealots and I'm not a fan of zealots of any cause.

Its been interesting, I've learned lots of new stuff like 'triggered', 'virtue signalling', 'alt right', even 'yer da' and 'Russell Group Universites' (asked my Russell Group University wife who still works for one and she knew the term but didn't have a clue what it meant). :lol: Its been a blast..... I'm a bit more staid and mainstream in my politics and find it all a bit tragic, all a bit 'Peoples Front of Judea' to be honest, all about the dogma and trying to make the world fit the dogma rather than the other way round. And a hundred percent about being noticed within the sub culture, whatever the sub culture is. 

Archived