Ross County v Dundee

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bunglebonce said:

Eagles.  He was 20 yards behind the play at the opener.

I had a horrible feeling that was the case. Eagles was partially at fault for both goals, as he lost the ball before Dundee broke for the second.

EDIT: It's his first full game and he's probably not up to speed yet. Oh well, he'll improve no doubt.

A great game to be at today, sorry for the lack of updates, 3G has not made it to Dingwall yet.

O hara was excellent today,

I though Spanish Jon looked comfortable again today,

Kamara was a different level,

Meekings was solid,

Parish looked safe again,

El Bak did a lot of running and took his goal well.

Well played all round today.

IF I was being harsh;

Moussa, I am still not impressed with, a couple of good hold ups was about it imo, however he gave a lot more than Haber when he came on, a total waste of a shirt.

Cammy had a couple of scary moments.

Hendry is clearly Derry'd oot his nut btw.  Right in amongst the Dee's after the second goal.

Good day oot.

Haber is a much, much better player than Moussa. Haber is extremely limited though and only good when we play route one.

Neither is good enough for the style we play.

Haber is a much, much better player than Moussa. Haber is extremely limited though and only good when we play route one.

Neither is good enough for the style we play.

He's not even very good when we play route one. We've had a few messages about this before and it's clear we disagree but Haber is awful, and has been all season. It's almost like he's trying not to try, just to prove a point to McCann for hanging him out to dry in pre-season.

Moussa isn't Ronaldo, or the answer in the SPL, but for his workrate and movement up top I'd have him in the team every day of the week ahead of Haber.

He's not even very good when we play route one. We've had a few messages about this before and it's clear we disagree but Haber is awful, and has been all season. It's almost like he's trying not to try, just to prove a point to McCann for hanging him out to dry in pre-season.

Moussa isn't Ronaldo, or the answer in the SPL, but for his workrate and movement up top I'd have him in the team every day of the week ahead of Haber.

I never seen Moussa today, but based on his other appearances, I'd rather just play with 10 men. I do think Haber has his uses but I'd agree he's looked a lazy c**t this season. Needs addressing in January.

Goals (including bonus example of Sky's appalling journalistic standards when it comes to Scottish football):
http://sendvid.com/22o1b6wr 

Thanks. Two cracking strikes to take the points. It's a welcome change from the usual results in Dingwall.
Id be happy to take the same again on Friday. Last year's roasting was for me the end of the road for PH so I'd very much like to take three points against the Dons.

No mention of County not giving us the ball back after it had been put out for Moussa to get treatment? 
Cheats never prosper. Nae luck guys. 

He was off the park so no need to put it out.
It was kicked out so you could get a sub on - so you're not getting it back after that

As fir the rest of the game - it wasn't very good!
Decent strike by OHara - and McScary made it easy for El Back... For the second, but in reality the game was gone by then anyway

Dundee wanted the win more, they were better all over the pitch, and tactically

Eagles looks decent when on the ball, but he looks so lazy when he doesn't have it - and we've no room for passengers in our team - so he'll need to improve quickly

Phew - what a day. Cracking hospitality, we played pretty well, great result, after that it’s all a bit hazy. I was in the Mallard, a pub opposite where the Commercial used to be - where I think I met Tony Dingwall’s Dad (?), I had my evening meal in a castle, was at a dinner dance type thing where there was a Johnny Cash impersonator and ended up sleeping in a Hotel type place which looked like a converted broo office.

18 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I was really impressed with Dundee today which surprised me to be honest. Deacon, O'Hara and El Bak were very dangerous and Moussa's hold up play was exceptional. He was easily man of the match. O'Hara's goal was a rasper and the lob was nice as well.

County had no midfield today, a lack of movement and nothing stuck up front either. Eagles came onto a game and looks like he will be a very decent signing. For all Dundee dominated and played good fast football County should have had a penalty at 1-0 when Lindsay was tugged back mid shot. Wouldn't have deserved anything though.

What he said.

I was very impressed with Dundee and the way/style they set themselves up, much the better team on the day, winning 0-2 flattered County.

County are in real trouble, that was easily our worst performance of the season and serious questions should be asked of Coyle and his team selection.  Why did Eagles play the full 90, why was Keillor-Dunn dropped, why was Gardyne hooked and why was Chow not allowed to play for his international team then sat watching the ineffectual Lindsay play the full 90 minutes?

23 hours ago, The Master said:

He wasn't. 

The physio was being a bit naughty, treating him on the pitch.

We put the ball out to make the substitution. Aurtenetxe should have launched it for a goal kick or into the corner. There was absolutely no reason for County to give the ball back. In fact for the good of the game I was happy to see them take a stand against modern, namby pamby, touchy feely nonsense. Obviously I say all that because we won. I'd have been raging with the rest if County had scored.

Archived