Kelty Hearts & the EOS League

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:32, Ringford10 said:

Thought this was a junior forum it's gone on to long. There's other places on Pie and Bovril for these issues.

Like any intelligent conversation, it has evolved.  If people didn't want to answer a point they are not forced to post.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Like any intelligent conversation, it has evolved.  If people didn't want to answer a point they are not forced to post.

Yes, surely people can't think that we, the Junior Grade, are completely autonomous and have no relation to other grades. Quite the opposite I would suggest. Kelty's "plunge" is of interest to us all. The one thing that is for sure, our grade won't stay the same and any alternative has to be discussed.

There seems to be a, thankfully, dwindling few who see the Junior game through blinkers.  They don't want any change, believing that they are in a utopia that is eternal.  These people should look at the history of the Junior game and see how it is littered with clubs that have disappeared, some who could not make the changes needed to survive.

I certainly don't want to wait until every other club makes its mind up on what to do.  I want my club to be at the forefront of change and so keeping a watch on the Kelty experience  might just move things on a little faster.

11 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

There seems to be a, thankfully, dwindling few who see the Junior game through blinkers.  They don't want any change, believing that they are in a utopia that is eternal.  These people should look at the history of the Junior game and see how it is littered with clubs that have disappeared, some who could not make the changes needed to survive.

I certainly don't want to wait until every other club makes its mind up on what to do.  I want my club to be at the forefront of change and so keeping a watch on the Kelty experience  might just move things on a little faster.

Does that not conflict with your signature statement?

On 29/11/2017 at 15:41, Skipper said:

Things are moving fast. Only two years ago the thought of moving from the juniors was laughed at by most. Now I have noticed that the majority of folk I go with are at best enthusiastic about moving and at worst ambivalent about it. Can only see this trend continuing.

So we need more views from Junior FANS  as to whether they want their club to join the pyramid, especially if they disagree with my predictions about the next few seasons, ie:

* Bo'Ness to join the EoSL next season

* Linlithgow likely to join them

* Bonnyrigg to stay in the Juniors in order that they can keep winning titles 

* Clydebank to join the pyramid once Holm Park is redeveloped (but Yorker staying as a junior club)

* Haddington no longer interested or ambitious enough despite rumours a few seasons ago

* Talbot  waiting for the SFA to introduce an integrated  pyramid embracing the Juniors (could be a very long wait), as they did once apply for election to the SPFL

*  Girvan waiting for a west region 'senior' league as they don't wish to rejoin the SoSL (thereby losing their historic joint SFA/SJFA membership entitlement) 

* Banks will apply to join the HFL for next season, if either Cove are promoted to the SPFL via the playoffs  (as is likely), or if Fort resign and rejoin the NCL

* Aberdeen Uni (ex SFA Member club) to follow Banks, if an HFL vacancy arises

* also SFA Member club Golspie  will steer clear of HFL membership in the  (safe) knowledge that they don't have floodlights (HFL rule) in the knowledge that their isn't a north pyramid league below the HFL, as will Glasgow Uni  who also have 'protected' SFA membership

* any other juniors actively looking at moving to the pyramid ?

Now its your chance to tell me that I am wrong !!! 

4 hours ago, Robert James said:

So we need more views from Junior FANS  as to whether they want their club to join the pyramid, especially if they disagree with my predictions about the next few seasons, ie:

* Bo'Ness to join the EoSL next season

* Linlithgow likely to join them

* Bonnyrigg to stay in the Juniors in order that they can keep winning titles 

* Clydebank to join the pyramid once Holm Park is redeveloped (but Yorker staying as a junior club)

* Haddington no longer interested or ambitious enough despite rumours a few seasons ago

* Talbot  waiting for the SFA to introduce an integrated  pyramid embracing the Juniors (could be a very long wait), as they did once apply for election to the SPFL

*  Girvan waiting for a west region 'senior' league as they don't wish to rejoin the SoSL (thereby losing their historic joint SFA/SJFA membership entitlement) 

* Banks will apply to join the HFL for next season, if either Cove are promoted to the SPFL via the playoffs  (as is likely), or if Fort resign and rejoin the NCL

* Aberdeen Uni (ex SFA Member club) to follow Banks, if an HFL vacancy arises

* also SFA Member club Golspie  will steer clear of HFL membership in the  (safe) knowledge that they don't have floodlights (HFL rule) in the knowledge that their isn't a north pyramid league below the HFL, as will Glasgow Uni  who also have 'protected' SFA membership

* any other juniors actively looking at moving to the pyramid ?

Now its your chance to tell me that I am wrong !!! 

I'm not an official at the club but imo there is no chance Bo'ness will be making the move this summer.  Still too many things to sort out and of course, if we don't go, neither will the wee rose.

We are VERY interested in doing so but making a half-arsed attempt isn't worth the hassle.  We will wait until everything's in place.

I'm not an official at the club but imo there is no chance Bo'ness will be making the move this summer.  Still too many things to sort out and of course, if we don't go, neither will the wee rose.
We are VERY interested in doing so but making a half-arsed attempt isn't worth the hassle.  We will wait until everything's in place.
Have the club said that they are interested in moving?

45 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

I’ve heard from a reliable source that Bo’ness are very much considering an application for the EOSL this year...

Of all the east teams referenced - Bo'ness are the furthest from making the transition.  Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow are miles ahead on and off the park.   If they are serious about  a transition they would need massive improvements on their park which is very dated. 

Linlithgow have not  raised the subject with  members - who would have the ultimate say on any move.

Bonnyrigg have made great strides on and off the park - but can't comment on what their views would be.

2 hours ago, energyzone said:
2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Have the club said that they are interested in moving?

They have openly stated they are looking into the matter but when is another matter.

1 hour ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

I’ve heard from a reliable source that Bo’ness are very much considering an application for the EOSL this year...

Equally, I've heard otherwise.  Rumours, huh?

30 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Of all the east teams referenced - Bo'ness are the furthest from making the transition.  Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow are miles ahead on and off the park.   If they are serious about  a transition they would need massive improvements on their park which is very dated. 

Linlithgow have not  raised the subject with  members - who would have the ultimate say on any move.

Bonnyrigg have made great strides on and off the park - but can't comment on what their views would be.

Much as it pains me to do so, I have to agree with you that we are not in the best position to change.  However, give it a year and a lot of ground improvements should have been made courtesy of the NPA.

It is rather comical however, that some clubs currently in that League, struggle to provide an enclosed field and those wishing to make a move up are having to comply with ever more stringent rules.

7 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

They have openly stated they are looking into the matter but when is another matter.

Equally, I've heard otherwise.  Rumours, huh?

Much as it pains me to do so, I have to agree with you that we are not in the best position to change.  However, give it a year and a lot of ground improvements should have been made courtesy of the NPA.

It is rather comical however, that some clubs currently in that League, struggle to provide an enclosed field and those wishing to make a move up are having to comply with ever more stringent rules.

This has been one of my main gripes - teams in leagues that don't meet criteria.   People talk about pyramids but are content to have teams who aren't really in a position to progress - you will only succeed if teams involved are all equal in meeting the criteria to progress.

Bo'ness would be admitted to the EoS League no problem, but would seem to be a bit away from being able to get a license so wouldn't be able to get promoted.

More Grant money is available to clubs in the pyramid so moving would theoretically give them more money to work to a license, but a couple of seasons at least in the EoS would hurt their attendance and revenue that way. It's a bit of a catch-22 For them

You can't have a requirement that clubs must be able meet the standards of the league above. As explained previously it doesn't work.

We could possibly introduce some form of tier 6 licence which would be closer to an entry level licence so a staged progress is easier, however given tier 6 is the lowest part of the pyramid should this level require much more than an ability to regularly get 11 players to play?

Given attendances in the Lowland League which appear in many cases to be very low, there needs to be a relaxation of the requirements to allow clubs to go into it without one on the proviso they obtain one within say 2 seasons. Wasn't there already a period of grace when it first started, that should be extended to everyone entering the league.

Archived